PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RE: Tom Brady and working out during suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kevin Faulk mentioned that Brady could call on Randy Moss and Wes Welker for workout while Tom is suspended. I think that Troy Brown would be a better call than Welker, personally.. Also, calling that kid Aborishade who I'm sure would not hesitate to help out Brady.

Has Troy been keeping himself in good shape? I'd like to see him work out with them, too. But he's been out of the league for nearly a decade now. I'm just wondering what shape he's in now compared to Moss and Welker.

Has Troy been keeping himself in good shape? I'd like to see him work out with them, too. But he's been out of the league for nearly a decade now. I'm just wondering what shape he's in now compared to Moss and Welker.

Troy is still in great shape.. He was helping out during OTAs and mini-camp.

I'm not sure he has the time to "waste" on anything long term, but it could be an interesting idea for Brady to spend a couple days testing out some likely WRs that otherwise wouldn't get a tryout from the Patriots.

I thought about Welker but is he officially retired? What if somehow during the season he signs with a team and then Goodell invents another situation because Brady was training with an active NFL player during his suspension? For Goodell it doesn't matter if back then he was unemployed.

I would avoid all risks against that crazy dictator. The message was pretty clear, they want to punish the Patriots for even a thought of something wrong.

I'm sure there will be options for Brady. I can see others steppin up.

I like the idea of calling the kid who stands outside the facility, think of it as a private tryout.

I can see Tom calling Randy and Welker, maybe Deion Branch

I thought about Welker but is he officially retired? What if somehow during the season he signs with a team and then Goodell invents another situation because Brady was training with an active NFL player during his suspension? For Goodell it doesn't matter if back then he was unemployed.

I would avoid all risks against that crazy dictator. The message was pretty clear, they want to punish the Patriots for even a thought of something wrong.

Welker isn't under contract so goody can't do quat about it.

More options? Any legal reason Brady couldn't work out with a college team or players?

Could see Terrell Owens with Brady as well.

I'm not sure he has the time to "waste" on anything long term, but it could be an interesting idea for Brady to spend a couple days testing out some likely WRs that otherwise wouldn't get a tryout from the Patriots.

Varajao comments reminded me that there are actually rules against players who are signed giving "tryouts" to players who aren't. So Brady working with Aborishade and any other prospective WR would get him in trouble with Goodell if the team signed that player..

More options? Any legal reason Brady couldn't work out with a college team or players?

Not sure the NCAA would approve. Distraction for the team as well not sure a coach would want that or his team and especially his qbs who need reps

But Welker is still an ACTIVE player. There are actual rules against that sort of thing..

He isn't't under contract, not in NFL anymore than you or I from a legal POV

Varajao comments reminded me that there are actually rules against players who are signed giving "tryouts" to players who aren't. So Brady working with Aborishade and any other prospective WR would get him in trouble with Goodell if the team signed that player..

How to enforce, the kid has no contract. By your reasoning Brady can't workout with other human beings, love to see that go to court.

How to enforce, the kid has no contract. By your reasoning Brady can't workout with other human beings, love to see that go to court.

Maybe in your reality world 1+1 = 52, but not in mine. The NFL has rules about players working out other players in a "scouting" capacity. I don't make the rules.. The NFL and NFLPA did. If you have an issue, take it up with them..

Troy seems to help out every year....Brady to Moss Part II?

Welker will suffer a concussion in Brady's backyard hitting his head in some clothes hung out to dry and Goodell will file an attempted murder charge against Brady, it's better to avoid any risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back