PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-Assessment: After a Good Draft/FA, These Players are maybe on the Proverbial Hot Seat

Gunner is not on the hot seat. He won’t be cut after making the Pro Bowl as a special teamer, especially given Bill’s love for ST. And his role won’t be diminished, he’ll still be the punt returner after making the PB for his performance in that role last season, and his role as a receiver can’t be any less. In fact I expect he will get a big opportunity to replace Squirrel now that Jules retired. Give his work ethic I’m not going to be surprised if he seizes that opportunity and makes the most of it.

Last edited:
Gunner is not on the hot seat. He won’t be cut after making the Pro Bowl as a special teamer, especially given Bill’s love for ST. And his role won’t be diminished, he’ll still be the punt returner after making the PB for his performance in that role last season, and his role as a receiver can’t be any less. In fact I expect he will get a big opportunity to replace Squirrel now that Jules retired. Give his work ethic I’m not going to be surprised if he seizes that opportunity and makes the most of it.

Gunner and Tre Nixon over NKeal Harry over the next 18 months based on grit and hard work.

My understanding is that this is his second ACL injury. He torn the other one in high school. I hope for the best with him, but I’d be shocked if he were available before 2022.

Wynn's 5th year picked up. Michel's was not so Michel is a FA after this season.

Also, the draft didn't hurt Harry at all. Or Williams (but yes, FA hurt him a lot with Mills). And McGrone isn't playing until next year, almost for sure, so they took no linebacker. Bentley gets another year.
I certainly hope he doesn't. Dude feckin sucks. Horrible, HORRIBLE draft pick...UDFA talent.

Bentley's snaps go way down with Hightower back. Even if Perkins or the other LBs (Jennings, Winovich, Uche) don't directly challenge ILB snaps, don't see Bentley getting a lot of snaps this year.
I hope that JaWrong doesn't get ANY snaps this year, or any other year here, ever.

Please spare me any more of Bentley. Also I could get by without any more Deatrich Wise.

Are you aware that we signed Wise to a new contract 2 months ago and supposedly told him his role would increase?

I am totally aware and was disappointed. I am only too willing to be proven an inept evaluator. (Wouldn't be the first time).

I completely, 100% agree about JaWrong & Notso...Both of them feckin Suck; and Bill was absolutely feckin Stupid for resigning Notso...Waste of precious feckin resources.

We have five that will be on the 53/

Guy and Barmore

GUARANTEES
Godchaux $15M
Wise $10M
Anderson $3M ($2M bonus)
==================================
There could be a 6th spot. I would note that Adams only has a $50K guarantee and competes with Cowart, Spence and Davis.

$28 Million Dollars flushed right down the feckin toilet...Absolutely mind-feckin-boggling that they would be guaranteed so feckin much...
That's some serious drunken sailor throwing darts blind-folded spending right there...

Last edited:
I expect McCrone to be PUP, maybe a full redshirt year for him.

My understanding is that this is his second ACL injury. He torn the other one in high school. I hope for the best with him, but I’d be shocked if he were available before 2022.

Terrible draft pick...Another Michigan front-7 defender with the body type for one position while playing another...Wouldn't be shocking to see All Three of them not playing to the end of their rookie contracts here.

Last edited:
Here is the definitive list of less-than-useless stiffs who don't deserve to be in the building even now, and certainly not after Labor Day (at the very, Very Latest, after we've used them & spit them out during TC as blocking/tackling Dummies & camp fodder):

Matty LaGlasse
Najee the coward Toran
Monty Capuletti Adams
Lanky Hank Anderson
Rashod Berry
Tashawn Bowwowser
Little Lord Byron the Coward
Carl the Concussion (excuse) Davis
Bill the comedian Murray
Nicky Thuman
Dee Notso Wise
JaWrong Bentley
Brandon the King (of STs penalties)
Cam McGroan
Leroy Reynolds
Josh Bedsore

Others such as Devin the Human 9-Route Smith, Isaiah Zuber, Billy Sherman, Yawndy Cachoo, Justin Herron, Akeem Spence, the plodding 'tweener Penny Jennings, Terez Hall, DeAngelo Ross, Dee Virgin, SloJuan & Yes even Uncle Dugg should ALL be upgradeable with just a little effort from the FO, if they really tried...

LOL at those who claim that we didn't need all these draft picks because of our "stacked"(snicker) roster.

Last edited:

Yeah Gunner and Tre may overtake Harry on the depth chart....

Here is the definitive list of less-than-useless stiffs who don't deserve to be in the building even now, and certainly not after Labor Day (at the very, Very Latest, after we've used them during TC as blocking/tackling Dummies & camp fodder):

Matty LaGlasse
Najee the coward Toran
Monty Capuletti Adams
Lanky Hank Anderson
Rashod Berry
Tashawn Bowwowser
Bill the comedian Murray
Nicky Thuman
Dee Notso Wise
JaWrong Bentley
Cam McGroan
Leroy Reynolds
Josh Bedsore

Others such as Devin the Human 9-Route Smith, Isaiah Zuber, Billy Sherman, Yawndy Cachoo, Justin Herron, Akeem Spence, the plodding 'tweener Penny Jennings, Terez Hall, DeAngelo Ross, Dee Virgin, SloJuan & Yes even Uncle Dugg should ALL be upgradeable with just a little effort from the FO, if they really tried...

LOL at the sheeple homers who claim that we didn't need all these draft picks because of our "stacked"(snicker) roster.
Geezus,

Here is the definitive list of less-than-useless stiffs who don't deserve to be in the building even now, and certainly not after Labor Day (at the very, Very Latest, after we've used them during TC as blocking/tackling Dummies & camp fodder):

Matty LaGlasse
Najee the coward Toran
Monty Capuletti Adams
Lanky Hank Anderson
Rashod Berry
Tashawn Bowwowser
Bill the comedian Murray
Nicky Thuman
Dee Notso Wise
JaWrong Bentley
Cam McGroan
Leroy Reynolds
Josh Bedsore

LOL at the sheeple homers who claim that we didn't need all these draft picks because of our "stacked"(snicker) roster.

No nickname for Roshad Berry ?

Shared by Deus. Phil Perry made some interesting guesses on the roster.

He's got Asiasi out but keeping Keene. Not sure about that why Keene would be kept over Asiasi. He has Sony Michel out. I'm not sure, I think they keep him at this salary but don't extend him. He's got JoeJuan out. He kept Bentley which I don't think makes sense given McMillan basically has his role now.

Shared by Deus. Phil Perry made some interesting guesses on the roster.

He's got Asiasi out but keeping Keene. Not sure about that why Keene would be kept over Asiasi. He has Sony Michel out. I'm not sure, I think they keep him at this salary but don't extend him. He's got JoeJuan out. He kept Bentley which I don't think makes sense given McMillan basically has his role now.

Perry is viewing Keene as an H-Back/FB/TE option whereas Asiasi is not cut from that cloth.

It makes sense.

Josh Bedsore
Cam Magroan
Tears of laughter.
I do think Rashod Berry is the ultimate ps candidate with a lot of potential. So I’m glad you didn’t say Rashemorroid Berry.

How many patriots had off season surgery and will start the year on the pup with mcglone?

with the 2020 rules in place, should bb try and stash some guys on the pup?

should bb try and stash some guys on the pup
Try? There is no try! (I was going to say Foxboro flu has killed more careers than COVID, but I'm not sure that hyperbolic statement is even that much hyperbole).

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back