PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you Jag Mason was approaching the rarified air of overratedness previously reserved for Logan Mankins. Dude’s an underwhelming jag.

The worst part is he was blown up by a guy we had no room for because of a couple of former 1st round pick bums. Neither Shelton or Brown has made a single play like that in 3 games. Too busy being pushed backwards.

pats bringing back Barner....Burkhead banged up again....nervous about Michel Health.....wonder why the took a pass on Orleans Darkwa....pretty big bruising back....who averaged 4.2 yards in career in pros....maybe could have been like a Blount type back for us....Need to get running game going to setup the pass....!!! Stephen A has Pats trading for Bell too....that’ll be the day Pitt lets him come here

I like Darkwa for his significant experience on ST coverage and blocking units. Even if he's not a "savior" in the ground game, he could be a decent 3rd/4th option to have active for the majority of games (like Bolden).

I saw the tweet about Burkhead and IR and it’s not a credible source. I’ll wait till a credible source reports it.

Horrible signing.

Burkhead gained 535 total yards and scored 8 TDs for the Pats in 2017 on just 95 total touches in just 10 regular season games. He also gained 64 yards on four total touches in the SB.

I saw the tweet about Burkhead and IR and it’s not a credible source. I’ll wait till a credible source reports it.

Also, no transaction yesterday involving Barner and the Pats.

Burkhead gained 535 total yards and scored 8 TDs for the Pats in 2017 on just 95 total touches in just 10 regular season games. He also gained 64 yards on four total touches in the SB.

He also missed almost 40% of the games played last season. If he misses extended time this year, they have to (and probably will) think about moving on.

He also missed almost 40% of the games played last season. If he misses extended time this year, they have to (and probably will) think about moving on.

By that standard, there are several other players that shouldn't be on the Pats right now.

The RB situation is no different than the OT, WR, CB, S, LB, and DT situation.
All these positions are manned by substandard personnel and there is no relief
in sight. No shiny and new draft choices ready for action.

Last edited:
Yeah he did but he's been injured more than not.
Don't love the coin he signed for.
He simply can't be counted on

By that standard, there are several other players that shouldn't be on the Pats right now.
I don’t think you’ll find anyone to disagree with you about Rowe but Gronk is the premier talent as his position and maybe the GOAT TE. You can afford to be patient with him. Plus he played almost all of last season. The Pats are a RBBC and that committee can’t have a guy that misses 40% or more of the games.

Yeah he did but he's been injured more than not.
Don't love the coin he signed for.
He simply can't be counted on

Since the beginning of the 2017 season, Burkhead has been available for 15 of the 22 games that Pats have played (68%). He's made positive - and often crucial - contributions in those 15 games. His 535 yards and 8 TDs last season ain't "nothin" no matter how anybody tries to twist it to prove some pre-determined judgement.

Since the beginning of 2017, Rowe has been available for 13 of those 22 games, and has been mostly a liability when on the field.

Folks want to go after a guy for missing time and not being productive? Burkhead is far from being the best scapegoat.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone to disagree with you about Rowe but Gronk is the premier talent as his position and maybe the GOAT TE. You can afford to be patient with him. Plus he played almost all of last season. The Pats are a RBBC and that committee can’t have a guy that misses 40% or more of the games.

Sure, Gronk has been extremely productive when available, but so has Burkhead (who, in 10 games last season, equaled Gronks' TD production from the 14 games he played).

In 2016, Gronk was one of only TWO TEs who were worth a damn. The Pats would've been royally screwed without Bennett, with Gronk being productive for only six games.

Burkhead only one of FOUR RBs on the 2017 RBBC. Him missing 7 of 19 games (36%) last season didn't matter nearly as much because there were three other guys to pick up the slack (FOUR, counting Bolden).

I just don't get why Burkhead is such a focus of everyone's wrath here.

Just announced IR for Rex damn.

Bentley too.

Injury bug is killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes