PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Are 3-4 Since Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
That secondary made Charlie Batch look like Brady when we beat them in M&T earlier this year. Webb being out was the most devastating injury for them this year, despite what most Ravens fans will tell you.

There's a very good chance that Cary Williams is going to be lined up against Welker this weekend and that's a match up that should get you all excited. He's a mediocre, average-at-best CB that had trouble covering Wallace earlier on this year when we had Charlie Batch as our starting QB. Ellerbe will probably be on Hernandez, but for the sake of humor, I hope it's RayRay. Those match ups, in my opinion, are the key to beating the Ravens. If the Brady to Welker connection is working, the Ravens don't have a chance. Their secondary is weak and Eddy is overcompensating for his age and making terrible plays in coverage.

If you guys could successfully handle the Watt / Barwin combination with very little pressure and only one sack given up, the combination of an injured Ngata, an overrated and clown-like Kruger with a still-injured Suggs shouldn't be an issue. If Brady has time in the pocket, I can see him going for over 500 yards against that secondary.

If Batch was made to look like Brady, I'd love to see what they make Brady look like.

Um.. you do realize we beat the Pats in the regular season.. why bring up a Steeler game ??

No need to engage in wishing.. Just refer to the game where the 2 teams in question actually played..

:)

McKinnie is a monster :rofl:
Seriously, bring something better than that to the table.
McKinnie is lucky to be getting a paycheck much less have a starting job

Hey I recognize my own biases as a Ravens fan here, but on this issue I think you are way off base. If you watched McKinnie closely in either of the two games he has started it has been a MAJOR improvement over Oher. And, for whatever reason (footwork?), Oher has always looked much more comfortable at right tackle.

Of all the differences between the Ravens between the previous game and this one, the offensive line is the biggest. The difference is huge.

Hey I recognize my own biases as a Ravens fan here, but on this issue I think you are way off base. If you watched McKinnie closely in either of the two games he has started it has been a MAJOR improvement over Oher. And, for whatever reason (footwork?), Oher has always looked much more comfortable at right tackle.

Of all the differences between the Ravens between the previous game and this one, the offensive line is the biggest. The difference is huge.

I agree with this theory, but that being said I though Matt Birk would retire after last year's AFCCG performance.

I don't have to do positional analysis.. I just need to know how to read..

Actually you have offered zero insight at all thus far. Just a lot of pom-pom 'we're so good' waving along with passive-aggressive 'pats should be afraid' commentary.

And you cannot get a more reasoned and bias free analysis than from a Steeler fan...

If there was ever a case of the pot calling the kettle black, then this is it.

At least the Steeler fan backed up his opinions with some logic.

I agree with this theory, but that being said I though Matt Birk would retire after last year's AFCCG performance.

Wilfork is a beast. You know, one of the things we've seen is Flacco is actually pretty good at stepping up in the pocket if pressure comes from the right side. That's what is scary about Wilfork, there is nowhere to step up ...

Wilfork is a beast. You know, one of the things we've seen is Flacco is actually pretty good at stepping up in the pocket if pressure comes from the right side. That's what is scary about Wilfork, there is nowhere to step up ...

Osemele, Birk, Yanda... not something to sneeze at..

That will be the Key however.. neutralize Wilfork and Patriots are in big trouble..

Um.. you do realize we beat the Pats in the regular season.. why bring up a Steeler game ??

No need to engage in wishing.. Just refer to the game where the 2 teams in question actually played..

Oh I remember that game, the Ravens missed the game-winning field goal but the jackass replacement refs called it good. So you're right, we can just look at the regular season and conclude that the Patriots outplayed the Ravens in the head-to-head. Thanks!

Oh I remember that game, the Ravens missed the game-winning field goal but the jackass replacement refs called it good. So you're right, we can just look at the regular season and conclude that the Patriots outplayed the Ravens in the head-to-head. Thanks!

Reading is underrated.. the subject was how Brady would perform..

I will when I am provided with a serious objection (an emoticon is not adequate) that posits otherwise.. why cast pearls before swine ?

That's not how this works. You made a claim; it's incumbent on YOU to provide corroboration for your claim.

McKinnie has been mediocre at best his entire career (minus a year or two with the Vikes). I highly doubt that changed all of a sudden this season.

Damnit, who banned him?

Damnit, who banned him?

I can unban him if you really want me to.

Th guy has been doing this passive-aggressive schtick in multiple threads. He won't respond to any intelligent comments, and instead either responds with an unrelated question, changes the subject, or spouts nonsense.

Do you really think he's going to respond with any intelligent conversation?

On the other hand it could be fun to continue to toy with him.

Last edited:
I can unban him if you really want me to.

Th guy has been doing this passive-aggressive schtick in multiple threads. He won't respond to any intelligent comments, and instead either responds with an unrelated question, changes the subject, or spouts nonsense.

Do you really think he's going to respond with any intelligent conversation?

On the other hand it could be fun to continue to toy with him.

Eh, it doesn't matter to me. It's fun to bat him around a little, but you're right that he doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

Oh right.. I forgot we are playing a defensive juggernaught.. fear the Patriots All World Defense !

You are aware we have Tight-Ends.. right.. you forgot about them ? No worry I am sure you will find the personnel to take away those plays too..

The TEs aren't much of a deep threat, and Flacco usually isn't efficient enough with his short/medium passes to beat teams. Flacco kills teams with passes 20+ yds and unless I'm missing something I only see 3 of those going to your TEs all season. The Pats are likely going to focus on stopping the run and the deep stuff while relying on mistakes to disrupt drives if the Ravens try to move the ball using short/medium passes.

The TEs aren't much of a deep threat, and Flacco usually isn't efficient enough with his short/medium passes to beat teams. Flacco kills teams with passes 20+ yds and unless I'm missing something I only see 3 of those going to your TEs all season. The Pats are likely going to focus on stopping the run and the deep stuff while relying on mistakes to disrupt drives if the Ravens try to move the ball using short/medium passes.

This is mostly true, I think, but the shorter passing game seems to have evolved somewhat with Caldwell as the OC. I am not saying he has been brilliant, I mean we ran the ball 47 straight times in overtime in Denver, but he has at least been less predictable than Cameron.

****son is something of a deep threat but his hands are suspect. Generally, Flacco goes to Pitta or Boldin for big 3rd down pickups.

Back to the thread subject folks - - What looks out of place below?:

Year/ AFC SB Representative/ Post Thanksgiving Reg Season Record
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2000 Ravens 4-0
2001 Patriots 6-0
2002 Raiders 5-1
2003 Patriots 5-0
2004 Patriots 5-1
2005 Steelers 4-2
2006 Colts 3-3
2007 Patriots 5-0
2008 Steelers 4-1
2009 Colts 4-2
2010 Steelers 5-1
2011 Patriots 6-0
2012 Ravens 1-4

Last edited:
I'm actually not really as worried as usual about the Ravens D. @ of their starters are out at ILB and CB. Lewis Suggs and Ngata are all apparently dinged up as well.

These days when we play the ravens i am actually more worried about their O then their D. not because it is elite but because of how it matches up against the Pats. Flaco likes to go Deep which we have had trouble with in the recent past. Boldin is a Vet receiver and both their WR's are physical and intermediate to deep threats throwing in Jones is also a wild card.

They also have a big solid OL with a very very good RB.

This game could as easily be a ravens close win as a pats blow out win and unpredictable games like that always scare me.

But long post short. The ravens D atm isn't what is concerning me the most about this game.

Back to the thread subject folks - - What looks out of place below?:

Year/ AFC SB Representative/ Post Thanksgiving Reg Season Record
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2000 Ravens 4-0
2001 Patriots 6-0
2002 Raiders 5-1
2003 Patriots 5-0
2004 Patriots 5-1
2005 Steelers 4-2
2006 Colts 3-3
2007 Patriots 5-0
2008 Steelers 4-1
2009 Colts 4-2
2010 Steelers 5-1
2011 Patriots 6-0
2012 Ravens 1-4

Thank god, the Ravens record is a lot more like the 2007/2011 Giants than the 2007/2011 Patriots :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST