PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens Are 3-4 Since Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season numbers are irrelevant because the team the Ravens have presented in the Playoffs has never played in the regular season.

The only data on the set playing right now is 2 games... and the data is not encouraging for the Patriots...

Well.. besides the Special Teams gaffes...

The newly configured O-Line and D-line are playing very well... especially the O-Line..

What did they do to the O-Line and D-Line to make it so amazing, all of a sudden?

What did they do to the O-Line and D-Line to make it so amazing, all of a sudden?

they shuffled the oline around which has helped....they've run for alot of yards the last 4 weeks....strarting mckinnie has made tehm bigger......so they line up pitta and ****son wider and try to run and push the opponent around out of more of a spread. it works well against lighter interior DL's....not the case with the pats

nothing to the dline......you can run on 'em

Season numbers are irrelevant because the team the Ravens have presented in the Playoffs has never played in the regular season.

The only data on the set playing right now is 2 games... and the data is not encouraging for the Patriots...

Well.. besides the Special Teams gaffes...

The newly configured O-Line and D-line are playing very well... especially the O-Line..

In that case the Patriots are averaging 25 point leads going into the 4th quarter. Not very encouraging for the Ravens. See how stupid that sounds?

They had nothing to play for against the Bengals so that game is irrelevant.

During the end of the season they were playing without Ray-Ray. Once he injected massive amounts of HGH to miraculously recover from his torn Triceps their defense has been much improved.

Wow! What an irrelevant stat. They were 1-4 before playing Indianapolis and 2-4 before playing Denver, so I guess they should beat us pretty handily, considering this is the best record since Thanksgiving they've had in quite some time.

Ravens remind me a lot of last year's Giants. They collapsed and were left for dead by every fan and pundit in the United States, including their own fan base. They got their second wind, and now they are playing better football than they have all season.

It will be a tough game. I think the Pats win if someone in their secondary (McCourty, Dennard, Talib) plays a superstar game with an interception and excellent coverage.

Reg Season:

Oher LT
Reid LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Osemele RT

Playoffs:

McKinnie LT
Osemele LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Oher RT

Oher is a much better RT than LT
McKinnie is a monster at LT
Osemele is a much better LG than RT
Yanda is Yanda
Birk is Birk

The results speak volumes.. The Broncos (#1 pass rush) could not touch Flacco for 60 minutes.

That is impressive.

Last edited:
Reg Season:

Oher LT
Reid LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Osemele RT

Playoffs:

McKinnie LT
Osemele LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Oher RT

Yanda is Yanda
Birk is Birk

The results speak volumes.. The Broncos (#1 pass rush) could not touch Flacco for 60 minutes.

That is impressive.

The Patriots average 40 points a gamer against that Bronco's D, that's impressive. They are also 7-2 against the Ravens, that's impressive. Enjoy the offseason, it will be here for Ravens fans at around 10:00 PM Sunday night.

Reg Season:

Birk is Birk

Birk got tossed like a rag doll last year by Big Vince. I specifically remember one fourth down play that he blew up but there were several others.

I don't doubt their line will protect Flacco well but I'm not so sure about their run blocking.

Birk is Birk

Which means that Wilfork is going to completely destroy him just as he did in last year's AFCCG.

Seriously, that was one of the worst 1-1 beatdowns I have ever seen at any positional match-up. If it had been a prizefight Birk would have yeilded in the first round.

Reg Season:

Oher LT
Reid LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Osemele RT

Playoffs:

McKinnie LT
Osemele LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Oher RT

Yanda is Yanda
Birk is Birk

That is impressive.

Meh. I don't know. It sounds like people are just looking for something to pin the better play on. If everything you said was true they would've started out with that line rather than going to it out of desperation.

The Pats don't really have classic edge rushers like Indy and Denver. We'll see how the 'new' line fares when they are dealing with a lot more complex and disguised blitz schemes.

Reg Season:

Oher LT
Reid LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Osemele RT

Playoffs:

McKinnie LT
Osemele LG
Birk CT
Yanda RG
Oher RT

Yanda is Yanda
Birk is Birk

That is impressive.
McKinnie is a monster :rofl:
Seriously, bring something better than that to the table.
McKinnie is lucky to be getting a paycheck much less have a starting job

The Pats don't really have classic edge rushers like Indy and Denver. We'll see how the 'new' line fares when they are dealing with a lot more complex and disguised blitz schemes.

Bingo. Both the Broncos and Colts have defenses predicated on pressure from the edges. When it works, they get lots of sacks and make life miserable for the QB. But when the matchup isn't working, you two edge rushers who basically become expendable. The Patriots won't bang their heads against the wall for 60 minutes trying to force their defensive scheme down the throat of a team well-equipped to handle it. They probably won't sack Flacco, but they'll collapse the pocket and generate pressure while having a personnel on the field designed to take away the long ball and stop the run. Flacco matched up great with a secondary that included Edelman, Moore, Chung, Idhebigo, and a bunch of guys that can't cover. He won't match up well with more athletic, "classic" cornerbacks.

Why do some of you continue to look as to how they did the games before the playoffs?

It's simply moronic and means nothing

Getting hot at the right time is an overrated statement when judging a teams performance in December

The key to winning a title is just getting in and then playing your best,it does not matter what you did beforehand.......just get in the tournament which the Ravens did and are 2-0 so far.

Games in December don't end your season unless you are on or near the bubble so who cares what they did back then?

A team that starts out 12-0 and finishes 12-4 means they are done in the playoffs because they were 0-4 in December?........please

Who said "They are done"? Hyperventilate much?

While you blustering, I will answer you with a simple statistical table and let's see if you can spot the outlier:

Year/ AFC SB Representative/ Post Thanksgiving Reg Season Record
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2000 Ravens 4-0
2001 Patriots 6-0
2002 Raiders 5-1
2003 Patriots 5-0
2004 Patriots 5-1
2005 Steelers 4-2
2006 Colts 3-3
2007 Patriots 5-0
2008 Steelers 4-1
2009 Colts 4-2
2010 Steelers 5-1
2011 Patriots 6-0
2012 Ravens 1-4

Anything look slightly out of place to you about that last entry PFiPA?

Last edited:
Bingo. Both the Broncos and Colts have defenses predicated on pressure from the edges. When it works, they get lots of sacks and make life miserable for the QB. But when the matchup isn't working, you two edge rushers who basically become expendable. The Patriots won't bang their heads against the wall for 60 minutes trying to force their defensive scheme down the throat of a team well-equipped to handle it. They probably won't sack Flacco, but they'll collapse the pocket and generate pressure while having a personnel on the field designed to take away the long ball and stop the run. Flacco matched up great with a secondary that included Edelman, Moore, Chung, Idhebigo, and a bunch of guys that can't cover. He won't match up well with more athletic, "classic" cornerbacks.

Oh right.. I forgot we are playing a defensive juggernaught.. fear the Patriots All World Defense !

You are aware we have Tight-Ends.. right.. you forgot about them ? No worry I am sure you will find the personnel to take away those plays too..

:)

McKinnie is a monster :rofl:
Seriously, bring something better than that to the table.
McKinnie is lucky to be getting a paycheck much less have a starting job

Positional analysis on his play says Monster... but don't let facts get in the way here..

Last edited:
Positional analysis on his play says Monster... but don't let facts get in the way here..

You don't even seem to comprehend that your team has only beaten NE twice in their history, don't expect us to believe you actually do "positional analysis," that amounts to anything more than "T-Sizzle is wayyy awesome,"........"Ray Ray is soooo awesome,".........."wow, Mt Cody is big time awesome".........."did you see that cheap shot by Pollard, that was awesome......, that guy won't play again this year, that's awesome."

We'll just call it what it is, awesome analysis.

You don't even seem to comprehend that your team has only beaten NE twice in their history, don't expect us to believe you actually do "positional analysis," that amounts to anything more than "T-Sizzle is wayyy awesome,"........"Ray Ray is soooo awesome,".........."wow, Mt Cody is big time awesome".........."did you see that cheap shot by Pollard, that was awesome......, that guy won't play again this year, that's awesome."

We'll just call it what it is, awesome analysis.

I don't have to do positional analysis.. I just need to know how to read..

That secondary made Charlie Batch look like Brady when we beat them in M&T earlier this year. Webb being out was the most devastating injury for them this year, despite what most Ravens fans will tell you.

There's a very good chance that Cary Williams is going to be lined up against Welker this weekend and that's a match up that should get you all excited. He's a mediocre, average-at-best CB that had trouble covering Wallace earlier on this year when we had Charlie Batch as our starting QB. Ellerbe will probably be on Hernandez, but for the sake of humor, I hope it's RayRay. Those match ups, in my opinion, are the key to beating the Ravens. If the Brady to Welker connection is working, the Ravens don't have a chance. Their secondary is weak and Eddy is overcompensating for his age and making terrible plays in coverage.

If you guys could successfully handle the Watt / Barwin combination with very little pressure and only one sack given up, the combination of an injured Ngata, an overrated and clown-like Kruger with a still-injured Suggs shouldn't be an issue. If Brady has time in the pocket, I can see him going for over 500 yards against that secondary.

If Batch was made to look like Brady, I'd love to see what they make Brady look like.

Last edited:
That secondary made Charlie Batch look like Brady when we beat them in M&T earlier this year. Webb being out was the most devastating injury for them this year, despite what most Ravens fans will tell you.

There's a very good chance that Cary Williams is going to be lined up against Welker this weekend and that's a match up that should get you all excited. He's a mediocre, average-at-best CB that had trouble covering Wallace earlier on this year when we had Charlie Batch as our starting QB. Ellerbe will probably be on Hernandez, but for the sake of humor, I hope it's RayRay. Those match ups, in my opinion, are the key to beating the Ravens. If the Brady to Welker connection is working, the Ravens don't have a chance. Their secondary is weak and Eddy is overcompensating for his age and making terrible plays in coverage.

If you guys could successfully handle the Watt / Barwin combination with very little pressure and only one sack given up, the combination of an injured Ngata, an overrated and clown-like Kruger with a still-injured Suggs shouldn't be an issue. If Brady has time in the pocket, I can see him going for over 500 yards against that secondary.

If Batch was made to look like Brady, I'd love to see what they make Brady look like.

And you cannot get a more reasoned and bias free analysis than from a Steeler fan...

"Clown-like Kruger"..

Still-injured Suggs had 2 Sacks, a Forced Fumble and 10 tackles last game..

As far as I'm concerned they're 1--0 since Week 17 and undefeated in the games that really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST