PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling and Taylor Price at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ras-I and Price at practice today

No snark here; it's RAASS-"eye".

I always thought it was pronounced rah-sigh -- kind of funny for a rookie who could have an up (rah!) and down (sigh) season, doncha think? ;)

I always thought it was pronounced rah-sigh -- kind of funny for a rookie who could have an up (rah!) and down (sigh) season, doncha think? ;)

Don't quit your day job uncle rico....:D Although if it was an attempt to be in "character" then I say well done sir...;)

Good! The Pats can see what kind of bust Dowling is before they cut him in two weeks. Total waste of a pick. He hasn't even gotten to game one of his rookie season and is easily one of the worst draft picks in Patriots history.

Is that Ron Borges?

I read somewhere in his pro day that he ran a 4.35, any truth to this?:rolleyes:Again though its all about hips and lateral movement with a CB.

Wasn't the Baddy in Batman begins called Ras-I too.

Just remembered that.

I know. Sad.

I read somewhere in his pro day that he ran a 4.35, any truth to this?:rolleyes:Again though its all about hips and lateral movement with a CB.

I was one of the biggest Dowling boosters pre-draft, so I'm eager for him to get on the field and make me look good...er, I mean, help the team, of course. :singing: He has a great measurable line (this is part combine, with pro day numbers when combine not available:

6' 1 5/8" 199 4.40/2.53/1.47 38" 10'08" 4.26 6.85

Those "burst" numbers (10 split, VJ, BJ) are fantastic for any position; quickness is ok for CB, excellent for safety. I think he can play corner in the NFL, but that he could be special at free safety. He has the field vision, intelligence and leadership, is active in run support and is a secure tackler.

Just stay healthy, Mr. Dowling!

Is Robo really Ron Borges ?

Is Borges Birthday 7/29 ???

LOL

:bricks:

I sthink he would make a good safety if CB doesn't work out. Supposedly he got burned badly in college by that speedster from u of maryland, forgot his name...not sure if he can have the quick feet for the smaller type of WRs...but he is a good tackler and has a great attitude. Kidn of the un-merriweather.

This is good news-looking forward to seeing Price's development and see where Dowling is at as well.

I was one of the biggest Dowling boosters pre-draft, so I'm eager for him to get on the field and make me look good...er, I mean, help the team, of course. :singing: He has a great measurable line (this is part combine, with pro day numbers when combine not available:

6' 1 5/8" 199 4.40/2.53/1.47 38" 10'08" 4.26 6.85

Those "burst" numbers (10 split, VJ, BJ) are fantastic for any position; quickness is ok for CB, excellent for safety. I think he can play corner in the NFL, but that he could be special at free safety. He has the field vision, intelligence and leadership, is active in run support and is a secure tackler.

Just stay healthy, Mr. Dowling!

I don't know about the free saftey part but look at Antonio Cromartie's early production in SD and his measurables coming out and I see them as similar players except Dowiling is more physical. A 6'1 Cover corner with great speed, and ball skills would excel in this system. With big receivers like Vincent Jackson, Jon Baldwin, Plaxico, etc. in the conference and on the schedule, him and Bodden could be essential in this defense. I don't expect him to contribute anywhere near what McCourty did but he could be a huge addition next year if he stays healthy. Yes I know its way too early to tell.

A 6'1 Cover corner with great speed, and ball skills would excel in this system. With big receivers like Vincent Jackson, Jon Baldwin, Plaxico, etc. in the conference and on the schedule, him and Bodden could be essential in this defense.

Hmm...and come to think of it, the way they've been giving Bodden a lot of reps in the slot could, maybe-possibly, suggest that's what they see for Dowling this season....

Hmm...and come to think of it, the way they've been giving Bodden a lot of reps in the slot could, maybe-possibly, suggest that's what they see for Dowling this season....

Didn't Bodden play in the slot for a lot of his career before coming to NE? Maybe they just liked what they saw Arrington do and want to move Bodden back to his natural position. (i might be thinking of someone else that isn't even Bodden though)

If everyone is so damn high on Bodden on this board then he shouldnt be a slot guy.:rolleyes:All i heard was i cant wait to get Bodden back, McCourty and Bodden will be lethal covering wrs.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

You forgot the smiley, some won't be able to see the sarcasm....;)

Adding a smiley would be like explaining a 10 minute long joke followed by complete silence.

If everyone is so damn high on Bodden on this board then he shouldnt be a slot guy.:rolleyes:All i heard was i cant wait to get Bodden back, McCourty and Bodden will be lethal covering wrs.:rolleyes:

For some reason you seem to be taking praise directed at Leigh Bodden personally.

You shouldn't.

Keep up the good work with the whole :rolleyes : thing though.

My point is that now that he's back,i hear lets put him at the slot.This secondary is gonna have to be good if the pressure doesnt come early and often.

My point is that now that he's back,i hear lets put him at the slot.This secondary is gonna have to be good if the pressure doesnt come early and often.

versatility is a bad thing?

Not a bad thing but the corners on the outside have to be huge for this team.At least get stops when there needs to be stops.I am excited about Bodden.I much rather see him on the outside.

Not a bad thing but the corners on the outside have to be huge for this team.At least get stops when there needs to be stops.I am excited about Bodden.I much rather see him on the outside.

Id much rather see him wherever he can contribute the most while maximizing the rest of the talent in the defensive backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back