PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Gronk seriously considering retirement after 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's easy....

Once Philly gets crushed today and NE advances you'll have everything you need.

Flash in the pan Philly

Would prefer Philly to advance to the SB...

I’m wondering if this is true.. it still seems like defenses give him either their best DB or enormous attention with help over the top. Seems to me like he’s still been an impact player, even with the reduced stats

What really grinds me in this "his worst statistical season" bullsh it is that absolutely no one bothers to take the f**king time to break down Gronk's season into before the back injury and after the back injury.

Gronk was actually on pace to make nearly all of his incentives through the first six games of the season (and he was playing through an ankle injury in weeks 4-6). Considering that the Pats only dressed 3 WRs for the first three games, Gordon's first game (coming off a hammy) was week-4, and Edelman's first game off suspension was week-5, that seems like a damn fine achievement to me.

But noooooooo! The media can only point to the stats that support their narrative.

F**K the media and those who swallow their crap without looking deeper.

Also notable is that today could be the last game of Antonio Gates' storied career if the Patriots win, so savor that too. Two first ballot Hall of Famers. I was in high school when Antonio Gates was a rookie. What a career there, and despite starting as a pure receiver, he became one of the bettee blocking tight ends in the league over the years as well. Without doubt one of the top 5 tight ends of all-time.
Not sure hes top 5 GoAT but hes in the discussion for sure

Gronk has had a Hall of Fame career, the most dominant TE ever playing the game, he was so reckless in his first few years I was actually scared, remember the time he made a catch in the end zone and fell straight on his head? I was holding my breath when I saw that and he just jumped up like nothing happened.

He played the game at full speed every year and this is why people loved him.
I’m glad we were able to win couple rings with him.
Gronk will go down in history as the most dominant tight end ever!

With that said I hope we can get him another SB ring and finish his stories career on top.

Gronk has had a Hall of Fame career, the most dominant TE ever playing the game, he was so reckless in his first few years I was actually scared, remember the time he made a catch in the end zone and fell straight on his head? I was holding my breath when I saw that and he just jumped up like nothing happened.

Don't think I will ever forget how he carried the Redskins defender back in 2011 for a couple of yards on his back.

He played the game at full speed every year and this is why people loved him.
I’m glad we were able to win couple rings with him.
Gronk will go down in history as the most dominant tight end ever!

With that said I hope we can get him another SB ring and finish his stories career on top.
I might be in the minority but I think the last few weeks they have been conserving Gronk as hes been banged up.

His physical abilities have degraded with age but hes still a top 5 TE healthy.

I think the bye week was huge for him.

I expect a very good Gronk Day today.

Don't retire until after today's game. Then we can discuss the next week's game.

Go Pats

If this is it for Gronk I don't expect the NYJLF* to grease his departure like they did for Ray Lewis. No SB win on a silver platter this time.

For myself, Gronk has been the most exciting and entertaining Patriot I have seen play. From the one handed catch vs Denver to throwing the Colts (Sergio Brown?) out of the club, Gronk is an absolute beast.

Just three more games buddy! :cool:

I might be in the minority but I think the last few weeks they have been conserving Gronk as hes been banged up.

His physical abilities have degraded with age but hes still a top 5 TE healthy.

I think the bye week was huge for him.

I expect a very good Gronk Day today.
Yep. I said the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago.

I love how these stories always seem to break whenever we have a big game. It’s always riiiiight before the game. This was leaked to Rap hours before a divisional playoff game? If he retires, he retires. But, let’s talk about it after the damn game!

Still seems like speculation. The only difference is that it's being reported as being made by "people close to him" this time.
That's what you all said a year ago and then it turned out that he really was going to be traded and really was thinking about retirement.

Given that he's already strongly considered retirement (and that was before going through an injury-riddled year), I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the reports as just "speculation".

Gronk, please be your old dominant self for 3 more games and retire a champion. Enjoy the rest of your life and your first ballet induction into the hall of fame

Hopefully he has a few good games left this season

Good riddance. Go be a wrestler and party all the time, you dopey bastard.

All the time in the world to do everything EXCEPT play football.

It will be a sad day. Aside from Brady my favorite Patriot of all time.

He's going that Ronda Rousey direction. He wants to be a pro wrestler like her.

Not the best path for someone trying to recover from the physical abuse of football. I guess he can get a favorable schedule where he isn't on the road 200+ days a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down