PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Gronk seriously considering retirement after 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not according to Lame Johnson :rolleyes:

At this point, we need to win the Super Bowl to show our system is better than “fun systems” like Philly. Unfortunately, they’ve made it as far as us we have.

No news not unexpected...let s hope he will play still 3 games ;)

Anyway a great career..the best TE we have had

I've said it before, if he goes i'm happy if he stays i'm happy.

He has put himself through hell for this team and deserves all the plaudits in the world. In his prime he would bully double teams and even triple teams at times. It's only been the last 12 months he hasn't been himself.

Gronk deserves to go out on his terms. Lets get him another ring.

Of course he's retiring.
BB tried to trade him.

Gronk said he would retire before being traded.'

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

After last season (and probably beyond that), I wait for the player to comment before believing any insider opinions. Love watching Gronk and would love to see him on the field, healthy, for as long as he wants to play. When he decides he is done, I would like to see him leave the game healthy rather than limp away with permanent damage.

In any event, the 'insider' reports were inevitable. It would be great if the report of him being actually healthy now was accurate. I am more concerned with today, not his future years. Look at that after the season.

So be it if that's what he wants but before then; I'd like to see Gronk throw out of the club Derwin James, Parker/Lucas, and then Apple/Lattimore a/o Talib one more time on the way to another SB victory. Need Gronk to be Gronk one last time!

I hate when people drop news like this before big games. I hope when Brady retires it comes as a surprise and not with great speculation.
But it’s not NEWS it’s rumor. “People close to” is bs.

Of course we know this and he has been playing injured. He has not been down, morose or whatever the writer is implying. He's acted a lot more upbeat than most people with back pain would be. If he's feeling better, quite possible, I expect him and the team to give it one more try. If not, he's given fans lots of pleasure. By my eyes he looked healthy against the Jets and made a shoe top catch. No reason to push him in that game.

It's crazy that today could be the last time we see Gronk play football. What a career he's had. I only wish it could have been healthier. At his height he was the greatest tight end of all-time, no question. Some guys like Gonzalez and Gates lasted far longer, but they weren't as dominant as Gronk.

You guys are all correct. We don’t need to prove anything to anyone.
... I just have some jerk Philly colleagues that I would love to talk some crap back to.
That's easy....

Once Philly gets crushed today and NE advances you'll have everything you need.

Flash in the pan Philly

Also notable is that today could be the last game of Antonio Gates' storied career if the Patriots win, so savor that too. Two first ballot Hall of Famers. I was in high school when Antonio Gates was a rookie. What a career there, and despite starting as a pure receiver, he became one of the bettee blocking tight ends in the league over the years as well. Without doubt one of the top 5 tight ends of all-time.

It's crazy that today could be the last time we see Gronk play football. What a career he's had. I only wish it could have been healthier. At his height he was the greatest tight end of all-time, no question. Some guys like Gonzalez and Gates lasted far longer, but they weren't as dominant as Gronk.

No. Stop it.

I think it's been more speculation on our part that he'll retire, but we haven't gotten any news from people from the Gronk camp until today.

Still seems like speculation. The only difference is that it's being reported as being made by "people close to him" this time.

Belichick spent his first decade with the Patriots trying to find the next Mark Bavaro. He finally managed to find an even better version of him if that’s possible. Problem is that type of player is just going to get beaten to a pulp (like the original did), the requirements of that position are just so tough. I hope Gronk plays another year as a Pats fan, but for him personally if he doesn’t want to go through this anymore then I don’t blame him personally and wish him the best in a healthy retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News