4. Bucs KC game
5. Panthers game
6. First Eagles SB
7. SB36
8. First Giants SB
9. SB53
10. Second Giants SB

Funny that #1 is a loss. Thanks Bill. :(

Not that Brady played bad in #10. Made a few mistakes but I thought played all right. Drops by Welker and Branch and Hernandez might have changed things. The defense was putrid all season and wasn't much better in that game and that's why we lost that one IMO. It's tempting to put #3 above #2 but the historic comeback was all Brady.

These are all really good teams that Brady played - maybe the Giants not so much but they were a tough matchup anyway. And it's funny that that in these 10 Super Bowl games Brady has never had a real stinker. That's amazing when you think about it. I'd say Mahomes game on Sunday would rank way behind all 10 of these.

The most recent one was the easiest in terms of difficulty level. No pressure, huge matchup advantages, run game dominant. Brady didn’t throw more than a few difficult passes and most of the best plays were designed (screens to Gronk and Brate).

But that’s typically what it’s like when a QB has a Super Bowl stat line like that...if it were really tough, you wouldn’t look so pristine. Montana had two of Super Bowls like that where it was too easy.

1. 49 - Seattle
2. 51 - Atlanta
3. 52 - Philadelphia
4. 38 - Carolina
5. 39 - Philadelphia
6. 42 - New York
7. 55 - Kansas City
8. 36 - St. Louis
9. 53 - Los Angeles
10. 46 - New York

Last edited:
The best is between 49, 51, or 52. I lean towards 49 because I think that is the greatest NFL game ever played, and the game I would show someone who has never watched football. An absolute slugfest that was like watching 2 boxers trade blows for 60 minutes. It had been over 2 years since someone had thrown for 4 touchdowns against the Legion of Boom. Brady ruined them that game.

I still haven't re-watched 52. I'm too pissed off at Bill. I guess I'd go

1. 49 - Seattle
2. 51 - Atlanta
3. 52 - Philadelphia
4. 38 - Carolina
5. 39 - Philadelphia
6. 55 - Kansas City
7. 42 - New York
8. 36 - St. Louis
9. 46 - New York
10. 53 - Los Angeles

Last edited:
I think Brady had 4 "milestone" wins in the Super Bowl.

1) 36 - You can't overstate the importance of the first win, the game that changed the Patriots from a joke to a team that mattered, against the undisputed overwhelming favorite to walk all over them and be a dynasty themselves. It was the perfect place for a nobody newbie QB to choke, but Brady did not do that.
2) 49 - The win that put Brady in the absolute elite class of 4 ring players, the one that broke the 10 year title slump, against the toughest team the Pats played in the Super Bowl in my opinion (win OR lose). The team that humiliated Peyton Manning the year before had its back broken by Brady.
3) 51 - 28-3, the game that separated him from every other QB in history, the GOAT game.
4) 55 - The win without Belichick.

38 was the first game where he was a dominant passer and proved he could win by throwing however many times it took with a fairly unremarkable receiver group (sound familiar?)

52 he lost a shootout in a game where his supposed top WR ran himself into a concussion out of nowhere to start the game and the defense just went AWOL, but it's hard to fault his actual play with the huge numbers he put up.

39 was fine, 53 was a rough game but he came through in the clutch for the Pats one more f'n time, 42 and 46 were bleagh.

The best is between 49, 51, or 52. I lean towards 49 because I think that is the greatest NFL game ever played, and the game I would show someone who has never watched football. An absolute slugfest that was like watching 2 boxers trade blows for 60 minutes. It had been over 2 years since someone had thrown for 4 touchdowns against the Legion of Boom. Brady ruined them that game.

I still haven't re-watched 52. I'm too pissed off at Bill. I guess I'd go

1. 49 - Seattle
2. 51 - Atlanta
3. 52 - Philadelphia
4. 38 - Carolina
5. 39 - Philadelphia
6. 55 - Kansas City
7. 42 - New York
8. 36 - St. Louis
9. 46 - New York
10. 53 - Los Angeles
Yep I’ve never rewatched any of the ones they’ve lost. Still 505 yards in LII is wacko jacko.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back