PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank these NFC teams

The quality of players on their team. You can't seriously tell me Philly is worse than Green Bay (whom they beat), Detroit, and the Bears? If Detroit belongs on the list, so do the Eagles.
I dont play fantasy football anymore, so I'll defer to you on "quality of players".

I just know Eagles receivers have a hard time getting open (except Jackson, who's hurt), they have zero running game, Wentz has been pretty bad relatively, and the defense is average at best, that secondary is getting tourched.

Matt Ryan threw 3 picks against them and won.

I think they got very fortunate that A-Aron decided to check out of running plays 8 times inside the 3 yard line.

Right now, looks to me as if this year's Super Bowl is New England vs. Kansas City.

I’m glad the Patriots play in the AFC. This is almost LeBron/East-like. They have typically always had a tough conference champion opponent (conferences roughly equal at top-2 level), but the depth of the AFC has been lagging way behind the NFC for years now. I mean, a divisional game opponent like Houston or Tennessee of recent years is arguably not even a playoff caliber team in the NFC.

For whatever reason the NFC has almost all the good quarterbacks, as compared to the NBA where the west has all the top individual players.
That's exactly right. Someone here started a thread at the beginning of the season saying basically, it's the Pats and the Chiefs in the AFC championship game, right? And he was told it was too early, and I guess it was in a way, but really...ASSUMING HEALTH....which is always the thing, that's the game to decide the Super Bowl participant from the AFC.

That's been a great troll for years of other fan bases, btw...from the beginning of the year, just say your concern for the Pats is to be healthy for the AFC championship game. Gets 'em every time.

Here is how I see and rank the teams myself

Saints. Decent bend don't break kind of D. It doesn't look too good stat wise but it is serviceable IMO. Add in a good O and coach and a HOF QB who looks like he won't need to be rushed back and you have a very dangerous teams.

49ers - It is early to say it, but I'm buying in on this D. It is really good. They've given up more points than they should have throw no fault of their own on defense. Turnovers by the offense and other things. On offense they show some incompetence at times and it looks sloppy but overall they have the potential to put it together. A lot of good pieces in place.

Rams - I think we are seeing the super bowl hangover, but overall still a good team. Their D had a big hiccup in Tampa but they are pretty good. A lot of playmakers on Offense.

Seahawks - Very good QB with some good weapons. The D isn't good enough though.

Cowboys - Solid D. Good running game. Meh QB. I just don't trust it though. Something is missing. Probably the coaching.

Bears - Very good D. Don't trust the QB at all.

Lions - Not strong anywhere really but no weaknesses.

Packers - Lack of offensive skill players. A good pass D is nice and all, but if you can be run on at will it means very little.

Last edited:
“Redskins are #1 right now” - BB

Aints
Bears
Cowboys
Packers
49ers
Seahawks
Lions
Rams

Saints
Cowboys
Bears
Rams
Lions
Packers
Seahawks
49ers

I honestly don’t know much about the 49ers or Lions, but my rankings are based on seeing the other teams and reading other opinions.
The Rams seem destined for a SB hangover. I think they will struggle to make the playoffs especially with the Hawks and 49ers in the same division.. Saints will start rolling once Brees return. I think they will make the conference game against maybe Dallas or the Bears. Seahawks are ok. Their defense is definitely not what it used to be; and I’m not sure Russell can carry them to another SB unless they get stronger on D.
Not sold on the Packers going far. They remind me of KC. A lot of hype but fizzle out when it matters the most. Bears have a good defense. Not enough to beat Dallas or the Saints with their suspect QB play.

I personally think the AFC is the Pats to lose this year. They have the strongest D and Brady will get his when it matters. Not even sure KC will make it to the afc title game this year. If you have to score over 30 just to win a game, that’s not going to win a SB. Their margin for error is smaller than people think.

Garbage........Garbage is my ranking.

Might switch Seattle & NO w a healthy Brees. Been talking up Browns & 49ers for a few years so have to go w SF w the added pieces on D. Not much separation between 1-4/5.
49ers
Cowboys
Seahawks
Saints
Rams
Lions
Bears
Packers

Might switch Seattle & NO w a healthy Brees. Been talking up Browns & 49ers for a few years so have to go w SF w the added pieces on D. Not much separation between 1-4/5.
49ers
Cowboys
Seahawks
Saints
Rams
Lions
Bears
Packers

Does this mean you think the Lions are winning the NFC North?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back