Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think Randy Moss belongs in the Patriots Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are fortunate enough that rings are a criteria and he had none.

Leon Gray, John Hannah, Andre Tippet, Jon Morris, Sam Bam, Jim Nance, Ben Coates, The Steamer, Bruce Armstrong, Steve Grogan, Mike Haynes, Babe Parilli, Jim Lee, Gino, Nick Buoniconti and Bob Dee say hello

I’m open to changing it up. What would you do two or three? Or maybe something else where it possibly changes depending on conditions.
Not sure on # per year but the backlog of deserving players is getting out of hand. I understand the sentimentality for Leon and he was a great LT but his induction means Mankins should be in.

No sir. Shot his way out of town after three seasons. Should be a great honor and high degree of difficulty. Love Moss, but I wouldn’t put him in.
i would say yes.... for just 07 ... but I hear you

Was Leon Gray a Patriot? You could say he shot his way out of town with his contract demands. You could also say Billy was a cheap f-er (which is true). The team ran on a shoestring budget back then and was not the financial Godzilla it is now.

You're damn straight Gray was a Patriot. Sullivan was worse than cheap, he was broke.
Gray, Hannah, Morris...damn what a left side that team had and they were only together a few years because Sullivan was only willing to pay one of them and we aren't talking serious money

The play at 3:04....man, could he fly

Leon Gray, John Hannah, Andre Tippet, Jon Morris, Sam Bam, Jim Nance, Ben Coates, The Steamer, Bruce Armstrong, Steve Grogan, Mike Haynes, Babe Parilli, Jim Lee, Gino, Nick Buoniconti and Bob Dee say hello
I should have been more clear. Since 2001, we have that luxury.

There are multiple NEP HoF who do not have rings.
I meant since 2001. In this era rings are a criteria, IMO. Although the selectors could disagree.

I meant since 2001. In this era rings are a criteria, IMO. Although the selectors could disagree.
Ah. Yea, I agree. The only non SB winners who deserve consideration are All Pros Mankins and WW. Moss comes after them.

Ah. Yea, I agree. The only non SB winners who deserve consideration are All Pros Mankins and WW. Moss comes after them.
And my opinion would be key players with multiple rings should all get in before they get consideration.

You're damn straight Gray was a Patriot. Sullivan was worse than cheap, he was broke.
Gray, Hannah, Morris...damn what a left side that team had and they were only together a few years because Sullivan was only willing to pay one of them and we aren't talking serious money
One correction. Morris Hannah and gray barely overlapped. Morris started his last 2 games as a pat in grays rookie year, when he started 8, and that was also Hannah’s rookie year.
Bill Lenkaitis ( the dentist) was the C on the gray/Hannah OLs.

And my opinion would be key players with multiple rings should all get in before they get consideration.
So Ted Johnson over Mankins? Welker?

Any chances Mankins can get NFL Hall consideration? Give him two years on both ends and damn those two rings change a lot.

I like the one player per year. Makes it all about that player each year. The discussion is more interesting. Creates a ranking of sorts. And just seems more special to get in.

When the Brady era is over we’ll work through the backlog pretty quickly.

I love moss, but I’d put Wes Welker ahead of him as a pats HOF.

it was tough to choose but i went for 'no' as i too think there are still many other Patriots playiers before him

sorry Randy...

Larry wasn't human.
Whigham? Agreed. A god amongst Special Teamers and DB's.

I would let Moss in depending on who was in the running. So thats a Definite Maybe from me.

Not sure on # per year but the backlog of deserving players is getting out of hand. I understand the sentimentality for Leon and he was a great LT but his induction means Mankins should be in.
2?
1 Pre 1980 or 1990
2 post '80 (or 90)

adding a second person would do a lot to alleviate the backlog, while still maintaining the aura of exclusivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes