PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Ball Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
New team name, The Pittsburgh Unsullied.

Head Coach-Grey Womb

No. I think the nfl ran tests and didnt like the results they got so they are doing this under the guise of random. Random as in checking the levels in NE in Sept and checking levels in Jacksonville in Dec.

Pressure testing of both teams balls at randomly selected games. All teams now have to make sure they have reserve balls, since the balls selected for pressure testing will be removed from the game. The main matter is whether the results of the pressure tests will be held confidential, or reported and become public information. Main factor will be the exact test conditions, condition of the balls during testing, test equipment, and what other tests will be conducted as part of the investigation.
The main problem is still how the required pressure for the balls is defined in the NFL rules. Essentially, they need to establish limits or guidelines for atmospheric conditions (air humidity, temperature, ambient pressure at the least), and the conditions for measuring the pressure (type of gauge, accuracy of gauge, measuring method).

Last edited:
Random : NE, GB, BUF in September / Miami, Dallas, SD in December.

NFL's response" But we tested balls in Indy and Detroit in December."
Yeah dude, those were domed stadiums......
By taking the balls that were tested out of commission, they are altering the results. Use the same ball pre game, at halftime and at the end of the game and you minimize the variables. By swapping out the balls they can skew the results...
Random, my tuchas...They will have likely one cold weather game and that will coincidentally be when Denver or Buffalo has a freaky record high temperature for December.....
The NFL is so corrupt it is not even funny.
Test all 256 games, pre-game, halftime and post game. That gives a large sample size and lets you see accurate results.... It's a multi billion dollar industry. The can afford to test 24 balls at halftime..After all if a guy can supposedly deflate 12 balls in 90 seconds, it should only take them three minutes according to NFL logic to test them all.....
They don't want accurate results and I sincerely doubt that the Mensa mind trust at 345 Park Avenue could even understand the scientific results.....
Seriously, can anyone envision Goodell, Vincent, Kensil, Pash or Nash reading and UNDERSTANDING Exponent's, AEI or any of the scientific reports.....
Kessler 'got it' and couldn't understand why the others didn't. After all, he learned about the Ideal Gas Law in 9th grade and I have a feeling that Berman 'got it" also....

How NFL executives park their bike......
morons-demotivational-poster-1227797834.jpg

This only adds to the whole absurdity of this whole matter, test all of the balls in every game at the beginning, half and end of the games then do some sort of longitudinal study on the effect of climate on inflated footballs... have Stanford run it on the East Coast and MIT run it on the west coast...

The NFL is content with the hysteria it created....

LOL at the NFL. They created this huge issue and now are stuck with more "procedures" that they will surely screw up because they are the NFL. Instead of doing what SHOULD be done, which is do away with "air pressure" rules and just let teams put it to whatever air pressure they like as it DOESN'T MATTER they acted like it was some huge integrity deal and now have to pretend like it is. They really give incompetence a new name.

Seems like nbc sports is the only news outlet reporting this. No one else is talking about this, barely even a mention on twitter.

Such nonsense. Random may not do any good, nevermind the NFL has less than no credibility. You need to test for games with weather conditions.

Thursday would have been perfect because we could have learned about the effects of rain as the temperature would not have been much of a factor as it was about 70. Exponent's bogus simulation says rain has no more than 0.1 effect on a ball while others have demonstrated a 0.7 effect. We could have put that notion to bed Thursday night. This would explain the variation in measurements as the balls would have varying degrees of wetness.

I agree with the cynicism.

I still hope that there are a bunch of Science Fair projects with high school footballs.

Any of you connected to high schools should see about trying to encourage those.

Seems like nbc sports is the only news outlet reporting this. No one else is talking about this, barely even a mention on twitter.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! The #1 news lead on the nightly news for most of the spring/summer and this breaking news by the NFL isn't being heralded by them as well? Anyone notice this was done on a Friday/Saturday? I wonder why? :oops:

They want it random so that it isn't random. I expect biased conclusions.

They will randomly pick teams that have two words in the location, and the team name starts with P.

The NFL tried to randomly check Goodell's balls, but it turns out he doesn't have any.

The way the NFL has been handling things, that would not surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back