PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randle El a Steeler again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Randel El a Steeler

Their receiving corps is pretty loaded and Randle El would only make it stronger. Of course, this all depends on whether or not Big Ben-d Over Rapistberger is around next year to throw them the ball and does not get suspended if his investigation in Georgia takes a turn for the worst.

Re: Randel El a Steeler

Haha, family reunion.... :mad:

They have about 4 good receivers too, seems like a waste.

Looks like they re-signed Ryan Clark.

Randle El was my #1 target after Kevin Walter re-signed with Houston.

I guess that Josh Reed is looking better all the time.

Cowher let Randle El go in part because he and Rapistberger were taking some liberties with coordinating their own offense. Ben got Whisenhuts successor canned this season, the guy who fed Ben's inner childlike desire to be like TFB by shifting the Steelers offensive focus to passing. What the Steelers need to do is get back to their roots and keep Ben handcuffed (LOL) in game management mode until playoff time. Otherwise they won't make it.

One of the Pittsburgh scribes whose been twittering a lot lately is really down on Ben on the basis of his immature behavior letting down the organization, the Rooney's and the fans...

I said it when he left and I still believe that Cowher loves the Steelers and always will but he saw the writing on the wall where managing Ben long term was concerned and that as much as anything led to his decision to take a coaching sabatical...

Wasn't Randel-El a Part Time QB in college? :)

May need him if Ben ends up in trouble with Goodell.....or the law

Randle El was my #1 target after Kevin Walter re-signed with Houston.

Agreed, they would have been solid and relatively inexpensive, BB has been dropping the ball.

Wasn't Randel-El a Part Time QB in college? :)

May need him if Ben ends up in trouble with Goodell.....or the law

He was ONLY a QB in college, at Indiana, never playing a snap at any other position. At 5'10" or so, though, he pulled an Edelman and switched in the offseason he was drafted.

from wiki:
He scored 69 points in a single basketball game, an Illinois High School State Record. ...

sixth in Heisman voting during his senior season.

He was the first player in Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns.

He was the Big Ten Player of the Year in 2001

First-team All-American quarterback by the Football Writers Association of America. He finished his college career as the fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for four consecutive years. He finished his career with 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 92 touchdowns running and passing.

Last edited:
Agreed, they would have been solid and relatively inexpensive, BB has been dropping the ball.

Randle El is the anthesis of the kind of receiver this system requires. And he has twice as many fumbles as TD's in his overpaid career. If his role in Pittsburgh amounts to anything it probably won't bode well for the Steelers offense since he will be Ben's chuck and duck outlet and guys like Ward will fume if that's a course the new Steelers OC has chosen to allow Ben to embark upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes