PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randall Gay to visit Jets

Before the Pats put the tender on Gay, the Jets were rumored to be

interested in his services. Good move on BB's part.

Last edited:
Could it be that Eric read the paper yesterday and is now telling Belichick to F-off? Good luck to him, Randall Gay has Patrick Pass Disease. He's allergic to the playing feild.

Please, please god, let Mangina offer Blue a contract.........

let the hate in his heart cloud his good judgement. :eek:

--------------

I like Gay, I even consider 1.3M not a bad deal for him if he actually played, but we all know that's a BIG if. Giving us a #2 for him given his history...... Without question. Hurry up and get it done already.

Last edited:
I'm assuming its the Jets pick.

It can only be a teams own pick,unless the trading team(the Patriots),agree otherwise.

e.g.In the Welker trade,Miami could have agreed on a 3rd and 5th.....or any other combo.

I would be fine either way.

If the Jets make an offer, then the Pats ought to take the 2nd rounder and run...

I still think we overpaid some for Welker (although I'm happy to have him) and I would love to get bailed out by The Jest overpaying for Gay. Welker for Gay would be fine with me.

Welker for Gay would be fine with me.

I still think there's no way they actually make Gay an offer. We're somewhat overpaying Gay to retain his services as is, I can't see any team overpaying both in $ and in picks to get him.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the Patriots want to go into a contending year having to train three rookie cornerbacks. This whole situation is one Ellis Hobbs injury away from turning into last year's WR debacle.

I'm not sure the Patriots want to go into a contending year having to train three rookie cornerbacks. This whole situation is one Ellis Hobbs injury away from turning into last year's WR debacle.

In the somewhat unlikely circumstances we somehow lose both Gay and Samuel, I think you'd have to see Wilson moved to CB.

I said a while ago I'd be OK with Hobbs-Wilson at CB if it came to it, and I stand by that.

I still think there's no way they actually make Gay an offer. We're somewhat overpaying Gay to retain his services as is, I can't see any team overpaying both in $ and in picks to get him.
Agreed - but I'd have said the same about Welker before we signed him.

Bottom line, Mangina might think, correctly, that Gay is a better CB, for 2007 especially, than he can get near the end of the second round and the contract he'd give Gay wouldn't be a blockbuster - no $10M a year deal expected here :)

Bottom line, Mangina might think, correctly, that Gay is a better CB, for 2007 especially, than he can get near the end of the second round and the contract he'd give Gay wouldn't be a blockbuster - no $10M a year deal expected here :)

I think that's all fair and accurate.

Still, I also think Bill Belichick would be jumping jacks (and or handstands) if he got a 2nd round pick for Gay...

Last edited:
Count me among those who are STUNNED to an absurd degree that there are Patriots fans on this board, or ANYWHERE, that would hesitate for even one trillionth of a millisecond to let Randall Gay go for a 2nd round pick. The guy has barely played for two years - if the jet ACTUALLY want to sign him to an offer-sheet, and I'm guessing they don't really, I beg them to do so, and fast. We'll do that trade in a heartbeat.

This was a very smart move by the Jets, even if it is all smoke and mirrors it gives the Patriots a lot to think about. I am sure they are whispering in Samuel's ear as well.

Looking at the draft board it would be a steal for the patriots to get a 2nd round pick for Gay. They would get a player of equal or greater value and have them under contract for 4 years. BB & SP may be driving him to the Meadowlands as we speak.

We will know their evil little intent by April 20.

----------------------------------
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/qa

Q -- What is the time period for free-agency signings this year?
A -- For restricted free agents, from March 2 to April 20;

Last edited:
This could be a way of upping the cost of AS, without having to bid on AS. If BB thinks that Blue could be gone, they may be willing to ante up a mil or 2 more for Samuel. Pats take a bigger cap hit, tyeing up $$$$, and all it took was the Jesters paying airfare and a hotel...

A 2nd round pick for a guy who has played in 8 games the past two years? I'd take that deal any day! :rocker:

In the somewhat unlikely circumstances we somehow lose both Gay and Samuel, I think you'd have to see Wilson moved to CB.

I said a while ago I'd be OK with Hobbs-Wilson at CB if it came to it, and I stand by that.

I disagree. Wilson is not that good of a CB (hence BB moved him to FS where he's better). The reason they considered him at CB is for depth, injury, etc. I would not be happy with Eugene as our starting CB. Hobbs is OK, but Eugene is not a starting CB IMO. He can still be moved to CB, but definitely not a starting CB. If we trade Asante and lose Gay, we are in big trouble unless we trade for someone that can start. I'm not too high on a rookie(s) starting, even if it's Revis.

I disagree. Wilson is not that good of a CB (hence BB moved him to FS where he's better). The reason they considered him at CB is for depth, injury, etc. I would not be happy with Eugene as our starting CB. Hobbs is OK, but Eugene is not a starting CB IMO. He can still be moved to CB, but definitely not a starting CB. If we trade Asante and lose Gay, we are in big trouble unless we trade for someone that can start. I'm not too high on a rookie(s) starting, even if it's Revis.

They moved him to fs because we had Antwan Harris there

Great point! I'm with you on that one.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back