PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ramsey Recruting Gilmore to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats never won a ring without an elite CB1 on the roster. CB1 is one of the few spots you pay and it's worth it. Could extend Gilmore till he retires by using some $ savings by jettisoning Michel and Harry.

100% in agreement on this. A true number 1 CB is one of the most important positions in football. In fact in 03, 14, 16, 18 the Pats had an All Pro CB on the roster, then Law was also a Pro Bowler in 01. And the one team without a CB with any accolades was the super stacked 04 team which had Law, Samuels, and Harrison all in coverage (which incidentally even though he's a safety, Harrison was an All Pro in 04).

It's pretty important and imo one of the fundamental aspects to our success.

Gilly removed patriots stuff on his Instagram account.
No Way What GIF

If they lose Gilmore the team is screwed at the position. Only legit outside corner left is Jackson and I don’t feel he’s a very good number one corner.

How is this relevant to them trading for Gilmore?
I believe it’s a joke as the Rams have been giving up 1st rounders like they are out of style.

And the one team without a CB with any accolades was the super stacked 04 team which had Law, Samuels, and Harrison all in coverage
They didn’t get any accolades because their secondary was depleted and had WR’s/JAG’s starting at CB. It was a total fluke the defense held up the way it did and they paid for it dearly in 2005. While Samuel showed promise between ‘03-‘04, he was a spot guy until he started in 2005 (and he was awful his first year).

Most CB1 are “me-first” divas.
SG seems to be very humble but also as elite as they come.
I hope they find a way to pay him his worth rather than regress in one of the strongest position groups we have.

If they lose Gilmore the team is screwed at the position. Only legit outside corner left is Jackson and I don’t feel he’s a very good number one corner.
It would become a position of weakness for sure.

Gilly removed patriots stuff on his Instagram account.
No Way What GIF
One of the sillier parts of this dance. I think the Pats will tweak his contract a bit and he’ll play, but it sure seems like a weird way to do business.

Pats never won a ring without an elite CB1 on the roster. CB1 is one of the few spots you pay and it's worth it. Could extend Gilmore till he retires by using some $ savings by jettisoning Michel and Harry.

You're not very good at this - unless you're trolling.

Cutting Harry saves nothing. In fact, it adds to the cap. Cutting Michel, who is almost certainly the number 2 back on the roster) saves a pittance.

It's a long ass time to camp opening in July. I hate this time of year. Nothing but hand wringing and speculation.

Neither was Julio but AJ Brown kept yelling about him until that deal happened. Not to mention Trent Brown was doing the same thing with Julio that Ramsey is doing here.

Julio was demanding to be traded. From reports Gilmore prefers to stay and hasn't said anything.

Atlanta had a cap issue that required a major move like trading Jones. They couldn't even sign their draft picks. Reports were that the Falcons were down to only two reasonable options to solve this. The Patriots can easily fit Gilmore in.

Completely different.

Not sure if I'm missing something but why is Ramsey's tweet not tampering?

NFL ANTI-TAMPERING POLICY (nflcommunications.com)
DEFINITION. The term tampering, as used within the National Football League, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.
NFL Players. No club, nor any person employed by or otherwise affiliated with a club, is permitted to tamper with a player who is under contract to or whose exclusive negotiating rights are held by another club.
Trade Discussions. Unless a new club has received written permission directly from a player’s employer club, entering into discussions with a player or his agent concerning the new club’s interest in acquiring the player via trade or otherwise would constitute a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy.
Public/Private Statements. Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy.

I really would like a "Yawn" emoji. Maybe we could pretend he's injured and will show up to play LG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes