PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams Accused of Lining Up Quickly to Manipulate Communications...and no one cares...

Steelers deflated balls last year, and no one gave a ****. Wtf?

That was a funny scandal wasn't it?

Steelers balls were under pressure in a cold game AND the Giants personnel stuck a needle in them on the sideline to measure them. :D

Both violations happened while Roger was preaching the anti-Patriots mantra that "all balls are under strict NFL protocol so that nothing like that can happen again".

My God they are lucky they haven't played the Ravenbabies yet. Harbaugh would have a tantrum for days.

Seems a perfectly reasonable rule, and there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. I guess they could change the rule so that you have to stop communication once the huddle breaks. I'd be fine with that too. It would certainly help the more seasoned vets. Just seems like not that big a deal.

Pats will do it against the Steelers, and then we'll have crying Tomlin on our hands and immediate rule change.

Dude. If they change the rule to when they break the huddle it will make it that much harder on QB's that can't read defenses pre-snap. That would benefit teams like the Patriots, NO, Chargers etc.. There is no way they are doing that.

Hopefully my post reads as I'm agreeing with you and wishing upon a star that they would change that rule per your suggestion.

As soon as the football is legally capable of being properly snapped, then the headsets both both the offense & defense should be shut off, be it with :39 seconds left on the play clock or with :01 seconds.

As soon as the football is legally capable of being properly snapped, then the headsets both both the offense & defense should be shut off, be it with :39 seconds left on the play clock or with :01 seconds.

That would ruin half the teams in the league.

Edit: Except the Giants.

upload_2017-12-1_17-38-55.png

IIRC in the Brady/King interview from Montana after SB51, Brady talked about getting set early in the play clock allowed Josh to give him extra tidbits on what the D was showing before communication was shut off. I don't think it's unique for any team to make full use of that radio time, even after the play is called in. This Rams stuff isn't news, IMO.

Regards,
Chris

This is completely correct. Brady even said that before the touchdown to Amendola, McDaniels suggested to Brady to look for Danny on the play after seeing how the Falcons lined-up. I remember watching the game wondering why the Pats we're taking so long to snap the ball during their comeback. It turns out that they were using the time to get extra insights from the coaching staff.

This seems reasonable, but it adds subjectivity. Linking it to the play clock is objective, which is nice. There is no room for interpretation.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back