PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams Accused of Lining Up Quickly to Manipulate Communications...and no one cares...

Smart on the part of McVay/Goff... they manipulated the rules and had some success.

Same type of thing that BB has done for years now, the outcry would have been much different if he did it, but seems legal to this fan..

We will see if the competition committee addresses it..

Smart and legal exploitation of a loophole.

I imagine Mark Brunell in floods of tears, wailing about the 'spirit of the law'.

I expect the Comp Committee to close this loophole in the off-season and go back to just allowing the Giants to use walkie-talkies whenever they need to.

Rams line up quickly so Sean McVay can call audibles

Didn't see this posted anywhere, apologies if it has.

Not to beat the dead horse but if this article had been written about the Pats, we'd be seeing front page articles on all of the major sports outlets...

I'm not sure it's cheating per se but no question if it were BB/TB12 there would be countless hours of unnessary controversy.

I'm shocked that the Rams let this out. Obviously this is the big difference between Goff last year and this year. If the Rams played the Pats, I guarantee you that the Pats defense would switch calls after 15 seconds left on the play clock and if the Rams made a substitution the Pats substitutes would magically take their time getting on the field.

Now that this is out there, it will hurt the Rams

I'm shocked that the Rams let this out. Obviously this is the big difference between Goff last year and this year. If the Rams played the Pats, I guarantee you that the Pats defense would switch calls after 15 seconds left on the play clock and if the Rams made a substitution the Pats substitutes would magically take their time getting on the field.

Now that this is out there, it will hurt the Rams

It may be a difference between this season and last, but Jeff Fisher is the difference.

It may be a difference between this season and last, but Jeff Fisher is the difference.

Anything is better than Jeff Fisher.

That being said, this trick probably will last just one or two games before other teams evolve and disguise fronts and coverages until QB communication is shut off.

The NFL is all about evolving and staying one step ahead. Let's see if McVay does that.

Hopefully this gives Goff time to grow and doesn't limit his growth (should the feature be removed by the league).

I'd say I was disappointed that BB doesn't do this, but Brady is beyond needing such assistance.

Rams line up quickly so Sean McVay can call audibles

Didn't see this posted anywhere, apologies if it has.

Not to beat the dead horse but if this article had been written about the Pats, we'd be seeing front page articles on all of the major sports outlets...
You are beating a dead horse..... pre-triggered and ready to pounce.
Wait until the Patriots actually do something that creates controversy before breaking out the violins and performing at your pity party.
PS.....great job Rams.....work every loophole you can find

I dont really think this is something that will work well over time and could be a back breaker if properly countered by the opponents. This will be a thing of the history pretty soon.. hope Goff learned something from it because then he will be in charge of those audibles again.

Hopefully this gives Goff time to grow and doesn't limit his growth (should the feature be removed by the league).

I'd say I was disappointed that BB doesn't do this, but Brady is beyond needing such assistance.

Back in the day the rumor is Weis and BB were communicating with Tom after the 15 second rule....as was everyone else

How long have they been doing this? Did they do this in SB 34 vs the Titans? We don't know and we shouldn't have to wonder.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back