PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rain?

Taxed in Maine

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
How will the probability of rain Sunday afternoon affect this game?

How will the probability of rain Sunday afternoon affect this game?
Would certainly have a negative effect on the passing game, but might give New England an edge if they're able to get the ground game going. An Eagles writer was on with Curran earlier this week looking ahead to this game and talked about the fact that Philadelphia was vulnerable in the middle of their defense, so it would be great if Stevenson and Elliott can both have productive outings.

We need all the help we can get. :)

I just hope there aren’t any thunderstorms which right now they forecasting a chance, that could cause some delays in the game and halftime tribute. Also I don’t wanting to be standing under a canopy while cooking on a gas grill.

Generally speaking, everything tends to get a little wetter.
captain obvious hotels.com GIF

Can deal with the heat, the cold, the snow, but rain just sucks!

I hate rainy games.

I just hope there aren’t any thunderstorms which right now they forecasting a chance, that could cause some delays in the game and halftime tribute. Also I don’t wanting to be standing under a canopy while cooking on a gas grill.

Tailgating in the rain is a nonstarter for me. I'll be feasting at the 99 before heading off to Gillette.

Can deal with the heat, the cold, the snow, but rain just sucks!

It can be fun, though, if it's not COLD rain. I remember a game in 1993 vs. the Jete (Tuna's first year). Late November, unseasonably warm in the mid-50s and a windy monsoon. It rained so hard at times the crowd would actually cheer and seeing the opposite end of the field was difficult. The Jete kicked two short field goals in the first half and that was it, a scoreless slopfest the rest of the way. I attended with the woman I was dating then, by end of the first quarter we were soaked to our underwear despite wearing rain gear. She turned to me and said, "You OWE me."

it's like pea soup right now, dew point is 72... similar dew point all the way tomorrow and through kickoff...chance of rain is +50% tomorrow for at least the first half.
Rain games suck. Ive been to games with a complete Gorton's Fisherman rainsuit and you still get f%cking soaked. it sucks even worse if you wear glasses.
but tomorrow has nothing on the cold rain, as birdbrain said. there was a game, maybe 10 years ago...might've been vs Pittsburgh, can't remember, December game....we got 4 or so inches of snow over night, early am, by tailgate time it turned to rain, and then around the 4th quarter it dipped to 32° and the parking lots started freezing...Good Lord was it miserable...imagine 20k+, half sh#,tfaced, navigating their way across Rt 1 to P10...slip and falls everywhere, ambulance chasers dream

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back