PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Raekwon McMillan Signs

Agree.

I was hopeful for Patricia. I find it interesting how since hes returned he is signing the contracts and not Zigler.
Yeah. I was surprised how badly MattyP flopped as a HC. Oth, a lot of guys do and come back to it years later, after serving other roles and then succeed on 2nd go round.
Didnt know he was signing contracts

I worry that High may call it quits or be cut. at almost 12m cap hit, BB can get 10m back with a cut.
I prefer bigger and taller LBs.
Hightower is worth 10 mill.
Are you implying Hightower is small? He may be the biggest lb in the league.

Yeah. I was surprised how badly MattyP flopped as a HC. Oth, a lot of guys do and come back to it years later, after serving other roles and then succeed on 2nd go round.
Yea. That annoying hack Volin broke the news.

Hightower is worth 10 mill.
Are you implying Hightower is small? He may be the biggest lb in the league.
No, sorry for the way I wrote it, I was referring to this Mcmillan chap. He is like a safety that can't cover. Too short, too light for my ideal LB. There are not too many Ray Lewis out there. Mcmillan is like Brian Dawkins really.
Raekwon-McMillan-featuredvert.jpg

No, sorry for the way I wrote it, I was referring to this Mcmillan chap. He is like a safety that can't cover. Too short, too light for my ideal LB. There are not too many Ray Lewis out there. Mcmillan is like Brian Dawkins really.
He weighs almost 250lbs.
*He’s actually the same size as an Uche or Bruschi. More than enough beef imo. All depends on how he uses it, or doesn’t.
E.G. Mr. Bentley.

Not even close. McMillan is about 250!lbs.
He was literally described today as a big downhill run stuffer.

Last edited:
Flo's a sharp cat. And all those years under BB he learned a thing or two.
I always thought he had the makings of a great HC. More so than anyone on any of BB's staffs over the last 20+ years

He seems to have the goods but also a very itchy trigger finger when it comes to his OCs. Either he doesn’t know what he wants them to be on offense or O’Shea and Gailey weren’t able to execute his vision on that side of the ball. At some point they need to continuity at that spot, both for players and his OC. It can’t be a good thing to be coaching on eggs shells, wondering if you are going to be next in line for the quick hook.

I saw it a bit different. This guy McMillan is an attacking LB. I was impressed . It was more the other Dolphin Godchaux who I felt was an overrated run defender and also overpaid

McMillan's signing makes me think Bentley's time with the Pats is up I thought he was in trouble when KVN came back, but you simply don't need TWO back up thump ILB's

In another thought, Philip Lindsay just signed with the Texans what's up with that. He'd have been a great fit here where he wouldn't have to take a lot of snaps and stay healthy, be on a competitive team, where the Running game is going to be a key part of the game. An upgrade on the Burkhead role (younger and better)

I'd have rather signed Lindsay than MicMillan.

While Matty didn't major in finance, he did have to use numbers to get his engineering degree.

Love this signing!

watching Bentley and Duggar miss tackles last season was so frustrating.

this kid can tackle.

The Ice Cream Man is coming!! Have longed for the Pats to have a Raekwon since they started popping up in college football. As mentioned by others, McMillan has shown the ability to make tackles downhill in the run game. Hopefully he'll play his role well and allow the Pats' versatile linebackers to wreak havoc all over the formation.

Last edited:
watching Bentley and Duggar miss tackles last season was so frustrating.

Bentley did not play well, missed a lot of tackles and was a step behind, but to my eye Dugger was a sure tackler, one of the more reliable on the team. Pass coverage is where he needs improvement.

Just watched some film on McmIllan who looks a tad more athletic than Bentley , this could be a very good signing if he fits into the LB crew

Just watched some film on McmIllan who looks a tad more athletic than Bentley , this could be a very good signing if he fits into the LB crew
is less even possible except for the danny shelton type of players

btw good signing BB

@Patsgofor4 , LOL.....yes a bit understated on my behalf. I was trying to say that McMillan is the faster player and could earn a position for himself over Bentley. Thanks.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back