PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Adam West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I grew up with this man as a true role model...decorum, restraint, humility - and humor - were best exemplified by Batman every week on the same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.
th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

Must be time for a new juxtaposition...

Bruce Wayne/Batman.........................................Tom Brady/The G.O.A.T.
**** Grayson/Robin............................................Julian Edelman/The Squirrel
Barbara Gordon/Batgirl......................................Gisele Bundchen/The Model
Alfred Pennyworth..............................................Bill Belichick/The Coach/GM
Commissioner Gordon........................................Robert Kraft/The Owner
Chief O'Hara........................................................Dante Scarnecchia/The Man
Aunt Harriet Cooper............................................Myra Kraft
Catwoman............................................................Bridget Moynahan
The Bat-Signal......................................................Pat Patriot
The Joker.............................................................Roger Goodell/The Ommissioner
Shame...................................................................John Harbaugh
The Penguin.........................................................James Orthwein
Penguin's Umbrella..............................................the flying elvis
Egghead................................................................Bill Polian
Mr. Freeze............................................................Mike Kensil
The Riddler...........................................................Jeff Pash
King Tut................................................................Ryan Grigson
The Siren..............................................................Amy Trask
Louie the Lilac......................................................Al Davis
Jervis Tetch/The Mad Hatter...............................Ted Wells
Bookworm............................................................John Tomase
Chandell and Harry..............................................Rex and Rob Ryan
False-Face.............................................................Ben Dreith
Clock King.............................................................Philip Heymann
Puzzler...................................................................Matt Walsh
Sandman/Dr. Somnambular.................................Paul Tagliabue
Minstrel.................................................................Greg Aiello
Archer....................................................................Chris Mortensen
Zelda the Great......................................................Lisa Olson
Lord Marmaduke Ffogg.........................................Peyton Manning
Freddy the Fence/Freddy Touche.........................Jack Tatum
Colonel Gumm.......................................................Terrell Suggs
Bane.......................................................................Ray Lewis
Scarecrow...............................................................George Atkinson

Last edited:
I grew up with this man as a true role model...decorum, restraint, humility - and humor - were best exemplified by Batman every week on the same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.
th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

th
th

Must be time for a new juxtaposition...

Bruce Wayne/Batman.........................................Tom Brady/The G.O.A.T.
**** Grayson/Robin............................................Julian Edelman/The Squirrel
Barbara Gordon/Batgirl......................................Gisele Bundchen/The Model
Alfred Pennyworth..............................................Bill Belichick/The Coach/GM
Commissioner Gordon........................................Robert Kraft/The Owner
Chief O'Hara........................................................Dante Scarnecchia/The Man
Aunt Harriet Cooper............................................Myra Kraft
Catwoman............................................................Bridget Moynahan
The Bat-Signal......................................................Pat Patriot
The Joker.............................................................Roger Goodell/The Ommissioner
John Harbaugh....................................................Shame
The Penguin.........................................................James Orthwein
Penguin's Umbrella..............................................the flying elvis
Egghead................................................................Bill Polian
Mr. Freeze............................................................Mike Kensil
The Riddler...........................................................Jeff Pash
King Tut................................................................Ryan Grigson
The Siren..............................................................Amy Trask
Louie the Lilac......................................................Al Davis
Jervis Tetch/The Mad Hatter...............................Ted Wells
Bookworm............................................................John Tomase
Chandell and Harry..............................................Rex and Rob Ryan
False-Face.............................................................Ben Dreith
Clock King.............................................................Philip Heymann
Puzzler...................................................................Matt Walsh
Sandman/Dr. Somnambular.................................Paul Tagliabue
Minstrel.................................................................Greg Aiello
Archer....................................................................Chris Mortensen
Zelda the Great......................................................Lisa Olson
Lord Marmaduke Ffogg.........................................Peyton Manning
Freddy the Fence/Freddy Touche.........................Jack Tatum
Colonel Gumm.......................................................Terrell Suggs
Bane.......................................................................Ray Lewis
Scarecrow...............................................................George Atkinson
Batman didn't wear red, why are you interested? ;)

Well done.

And if you made all the villains Roger Goodell or the cabal of owners, I would have been ok too :)

True story: when I was a kid I LOVED the Batman show but we didn't have a color television in our home. The family of a neighbor kid up the street had color TV, though, so I humbly invited myself to his house to watch Batman in color. It dazzled me. If I recall correctly, it was two half-hour episodes every week -- the "cliffhanger" episode on Wednesday evening and the conclusion on Thursday. Those were the days.

Well done.

And if you made all the villains Roger Goodell or the cabal of owners, I would have been ok too :)
There's a few villains left, but they're all girls...in a way, yeah, having the owners as their counterparts would still work...

I met him at a car show in Boston when I was about 6 and got a picture signed by him. Don't remember much but he was dressed as Batman.

I can remember, it was my sophomoire year in college (1966) when Batman the TV show was Must See TV at Charmichael Hall. Literally hundreds of undergrads would pack the reception area where there was a TV, to regale themselves trying to get all the satire, puns, and pure camp in a 3o minute show. The concept was so novel that it had a great iinitial impact, but it quickly faded, and by 1969, everyone had made Laugh In the new big thing.

I can remember, it was my sophomoire year in college (1966) when Batman the TV show was Must See TV at Charmichael Hall. Literally hundreds of undergrads would pack the reception area where there was a TV, to regale themselves trying to get all the satire, puns, and pure camp in a 3o minute show. The concept was so novel that it had a great iinitial impact, but it quickly faded, and by 1969, everyone had made Laugh In the new big thing.
That remains the approximate longevity for fads in America. I'll take Batman and Star Trek over Laugh-In any day.

Once something is no longer "new", it loses its novelty, even if there's still nothing else comparable to it. And for young people of any age, two years is an eternity of growth and maturation in moving on to the next level of life.

In sports terms, I think the Maple Leafs run in the sixties is one of the most underrated dynasties in history (four Cups in six years).

Yea, a big part of my youth. Though I wasn't a huge fan of , I did watch it quite a bit. .. we only had ten channels.:D. I was, and still am not much of a "super hero" fan. .... Now, "Get Smart, Lost in space, Godzilla...." was another story.:p.
Adam West was a great guy though. Loved him on the Howard Stern show back in the day.

RIP

There's going to be a lot of animated shows that will dearly miss his voice acting. He's been in a countless amount of them over the years.

RIP Adam West

Heh Paul...what a ridiculous name for a cat.

Yea, a big part of my youth. Though I wasn't a huge fan of , I did watch it quite a bit. .. we only had ten channels.:D. I was, and still am not much of a "super hero" fan. .... Now, "Get Smart, Lost in space, Godzilla...." was another story.:p.
Adam West was a great guy though. Loved him on the Howard Stern show back in the day.

RIP

They've got a lot of the more modern Godzilla movies on demand right now (Starz, I think)

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" :D

Yep. RIP Adam West.

I liked the old Batmans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back