PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Adam West

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Mr. West.

APF, shame on you for comparing Roger to the Joker.

I wish I had some photoshop skills. I would put Batman's face on the flying Elvis just for you.

RIP Mr. West.

APF, shame on you for comparing Roger to the Joker.

I wish I had some photoshop skills. I would put Batman's face on the flying Elvis just for you.
I guess comparing anybody to Goodell is going to be unfair and unkind. Oh well.

Julie Newmar was my first crush.
th
th
th
th
th
...good taste

There is an Adam West documentary floating around cable every now and then that portrays his unique career/life ....... plus his daughter + agent's quest to secure a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame for Adam West. Well worth your time. His pre-Batman career was intriguing.

For me, I remember watching Batman reruns after school on Channel 56 Boston ....then recreating the pow bam fights with the kids in the neighborhood. My first crush was the hot cat woman (not Eartha Kitt).
Great show, clever writing, incredibly imaginative.
To this day, no Batman can hold a candle to Adam West. His "Batman" defined the moral high ground and fought for right every episode. Men in tights can make a difference

There is an Adam West documentary floating around cable every now and then that portrays his unique career/life ....... plus his daughter + agent's quest to secure a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame for Adam West. Well worth your time. His pre-Batman career was intriguing.

For me, I remember watching Batman reruns after school on Channel 56 Boston ....then recreating the pow bam fights with the kids in the neighborhood. My first crush was the hot cat woman (not Eartha Kitt).
Great show, clever writing, incredibly imaginative.
To this day, no Batman can hold a candle to Adam West. His "Batman" defined the moral high ground and fought for right every episode. Men in tights can make a difference

Christian Bale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adam West

Watched that show live when I was 7... loved it... didn't get the campiness until a few years later... so I loved it all over again!

Images burned in my mind:

tumblr_na3xi4QkwS1ry46hlo1_500.gif

3756610-2412836317-batma.gif

l5dscncy3gfhfutwvnrx.gif

Sadly... today... the phone rings... and no one answers...

May the good Lord rest you and keep you, Mr. West. You gave us a Bat-load of entertainment.

Christian Bale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adam West
Wait, do you think it's fair comparing the films to the 60's, 30 minute program?
upload_2017-6-12_16-12-23.png

All due respect to West, Christian Bale was THE best Batman. At his core, Batman was a borderline sociopath w/ PTSD and if you've ever seen, "American Psycho" as an actor no one comes close to playing a wack-job than Christian Bale.

Keaton was ok but did not like Burton's Batman. Kilmer, Clooney were sub-standard.

Affleck need to excuse himself and let Bale take over the role.

Christian Bale needed 2+ hours to eliminate a villain while Adam West was dropping bad guys in under 20 minutes once a week.

upload_2017-6-12_21-10-34.png

I dunna know....I tend to think West might have a problem with Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy.
That's crazy talk.
West's record collar/episode ratio has never been matched in the history of superhero takedowns. Sure, West was able to pad his stats thanks to liberal judges and PETA who kept liberating the Penguin from jail....but never the less....West put Penguin on ice when Gotham needed him most
Truth....Adam West would have elegantly crapped down the throats of the big screen pretender villains who spent more time in makeup than proper terrorizing.
And Original Alfred would have ***** slapped his big screen fancy boy imitators

So missing the point here. . . .

I was always more of an Eartha Kitt kid. . . .
KittCat.jpg

NB. I was not alive during the original run, but it had a long life in reruns.
Me neither. The reruns were on ch56

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore