PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Purge the Doubters and Weaklings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty telling that the only visible emotion yesterday came from a second year player who had his hand in a cast. And that was also just a short flicker. Flat as fcuk.
I think that is the most disturbing thing

Hope BB can figure that out.

Our team has a lot of work to do. We have a lot of potential with Jules coming back, and if Gordon gives us a good, at least half season, that will take some double off of Gronk.

I don't know if Flores needs help, the fact he was promoted by Bill says something right? I think he will learn but you need the horses man, you need the horses.

I am going down with the team but man sometimes I just want to literally pull out my hair. I have to keep reminding myself of the amazing run we have been on and of course we don't want it to end.

The ****ty part is Brady is running out of time, I mean really he is.

I am so appreciative of what this team has done so far and the run is not over, but we have areas to address, like bill said, from coach right on down. Having Jules back in that locker room will help as well.

Would be nice to get that win next week...

I predicted 8 - 8 as a joke.

I'm not laughing anymore.
right? I was 10-6, 9-7 after the super bowl loss. Then I allowed myself to believe in them again. Well, I still believe, but they do not look good two weeks in a row now.

I would show the team this video if I were head coach.

I’m not panicking but in 2014 you saw the team and felt they would right the ship. This year they are losing to teams thst have no business beating us.

I’m not panicking but in 2014 you saw the team and felt they would right the ship. This year they are losing to teams thst have no business beating us.
Meh. There was similar reaction in these parts after the KC loss.

This does feel different though

He's talking about people who think this club won't go 12-4 or better. Those people are the problems around here.

Nope, he’s talking about those who quit on this team every time they lose a game. Last night was one of the worst performance’s by a Patriots team in this era, but quitting on them in September season after season is the mark of stupid, whiny, front runner fans. And when they ultimately turn it around and win the Lombardi, which has happened twice in the last four seasons, those same fans then try to pretend they were with them all the way.

Agree, I had more questions about this team than I have had in years. My biggest concern is that they are getting physically dominated on both sides of the ball, and despite it being an issue for years they still haven’t addressed covering backs coming out of the backfield. If anyone can turn it around it’s this coaching staff and this QB, but it’s more than reasonable to say they are digging a big hole for themselves.

Agree, I had more questions about this team than I have had in years. My biggest concern is that they are getting physically dominated on both sides of the ball, and despite it being an issue for years they still haven’t addressed covering backs coming out of the backfield. If anyone can turn it around it’s this coaching staff and this QB, but it’s more than reasonable to say they are digging a big hole for themselves.
Exactly. If they were scoring a ton of points or the run or pass D was good then that is something they can build on.

Right now, there is nothing. Can't score and can't stop teams and they are playing like Weekend at Bernies. Lifeless....

What surprises me is the poor coaching exhibited so far

I actually get what they are doing from a playcalling standpoint.

Josh is running Sony because they don't have confidence in the line and the WRs and want to make sure Tom doesn't get killed Week 3. They also want Sony to get his wind as he missed all of preseason and Week 1.

Defensively they are playing GTFB which is leaving them susceptible to the check downs and forcing teams to pick their way down the field. They don't have a pass rush and don't have speedy LBs. They are trying to stop the run with Brown and Guy. Shelton can't rush the passer so that hurts them there.

So net-net is the playcalling is being influenced by the current personnel situation.

My theory is the players know the coaches are being conservative and are back on their heels which is why they are starting these games as if they just got out of bed.

Week 3. It looks dire, but it can still get better. Get a grip.
It's not a question of getting a grip. Do I think the Patriots will play better as the season goes on?? Yes, absolutely. Do I think this year feels very different given the dynamics within the organization?? Very much so.
This team has glaring weaknesses particularly on defense. They cannot overcome those weaknesses. You cannot teach speed and athleticism and they have precious little at the LB and safety positions. They are getting eaten up in the middle of the field and that gameplan will continue. They are also pretty average to mediocre on the D and O lines.

The QB put in zero offseason work with the team, zero offseason work with the new rookie RB, the new receivers and it shows. Also shows in Brady's performance, has been very up and down with his game. The offense is slow to get going every game. That trend started LAST season. Lack of leadership is also showing. Pouting and throwing the helmet, looking down the bench and screaming as you're sitting on your arse is not very mature for the GOAT. But we have seen this behavior before. The TE has been a non-factor past 2 games. 6' 7" and they can't find a way get him the ball?? He also didn't put in any work with the team in the offseason and didn't get a fat new contract. The TE got a contract where he has to work for his money and the way this season has started he will have trouble making all the performance based $$$. Injuries/suspensions have hurt the WR corp. Making that situation worse is the highest paid assistant coach in football crafting baffling gameplans where the better players on O (Burkhead, White) are being limited in their time on the field. And the playcalling….UGH!!! Zero creativity. Hey Josh, it's called a screen pass. Hey Josh, how about misdirection plays. How about using the double teams on Gronk to open up areas you can attack on their D?? UGH!!
I predicted 11-5 and no SB appearance for this team and stand by that assessment.
They'll play better and get better as a team as the season goes on. I don't see this as a championship team this season or going forward. Age, drafting position d/t their success every year and some poor drafting decision have the Patriots with a thin and athletically challenged roster.
Been a hell of a run. Amazing success!!
Unfortunately there is too much to overcome ......too much bad blood internally, too much of the thin roster d/t injuries (loss of Malcolm Mitchell was big, Hightower is not the same player) and mediocre drafting over the past few years.
Only question left is how will this HOF marriage between Belichick and Brady end and when.

I'm 34 and have been a fan through the dark ages.

Dark ages? You were born in 1984, so if you're a fan at age 10, you're at the dawn of the Bledsoe era.

You have known, what, two losing seasons? 1995 and 2000?

For you, the 'dark ages' is two losses in a row.

..."dark ages"...

Maybe BB should stop all those two hour practices that the Detroit media is complaining about.. Matty P. is "tough" on the players..

How many times did Collinsworth bring that up last night??? Talk about making molehills..

Sometimes I think I exist in a parallel universe...

I really don't see a difference to 2014 in terms of how it feels. Hell it was even worse back then because Brady's 2013 made it even more of an exclamation point.

Everyone talks about the KC debacle in 2014 but forgets how we sleep walked through the opening game against the Dolphins, won based on turnovers against a Vikings team run by Cassel right when the AP scandal took off and then barely beat a rebuilding Raiders team at home thanks to Wilfork grabbing that turnover. And only then came the culmination of it all in KC.

Now I am not saying that history is bound to repeat itself and that we will be fine. That is on the team and its coaching staff. But flat starts are not uncharted territory and not a death knell for a season.

Maybe BB should stop all those two hour practices that the Detroit media is complaining about.. Matty P. is "tough" on the players..

How many times did Collinsworth bring that up last night??? Talk about making molehills..

Sometimes I think I exist in a parallel universe...
Not sure the point you're trying to make here. Collinsworth was praising those 2 hour practices and praising Matty P for trying to instill some toughness and discipline with the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back