PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pure welfare draft

Easywolf32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
How do you pass on guys like McDuffie, Karlaftis, Dean and so many other studs so as to let your rivals Baltimore and KC to pick them up. Baltimore is having a draft for the ages and us...pathetic 3-5th round picks all week.

One of the dumbest drafts of all time, compared to last year's one of the greatest.

How do you pass on Pickens, Moore and Pierce to take a round 4 WR...like what kind of dumbo logic is that?

How do you not take Mcduffie at 21...but let your rival KC trade there, take him, than again let them take Karlaftis right after you drafted a 2nd-3rd rounder and than trade up in the 2nd and snatch a 4th round receiver. Just stupid and a total laughing stock. Have fun getting beaten by KC, Ravens, Bills, heck even the Jets and Dolphins all decade long.

Last edited:
How do you pass on guys like Karlaftis, Dean and so many other studs so as to let your rivals Baltimore and KC to pick them up. Baltimore is having a draft for the ages and us...pathetic 3-5th round picks all week.

One of the dumbest drafts of all time, compared to last year's one of the greatest.

How do you pass on Pickens, Moore and Pierce to take a round 4 WR...like what kind of dumbo logic is that?

How do you not take Mcduffie at 21...but let your rival KC trade there, take him, than draft a 2-3rd rounder and proceed to give the 3rd rounder you got from KC to move up in the 2nd and snatch a 4th round receiver. Just stupid and a total laughing stock. Have fun getting beaten by KC, Ravens, Bills, heck even the Jets and Dolphins all decade long.

What a stoopid draft.

They liked the guys that they chose better.

- The End

Also, cry more.

Picked a 2nd-3rd rounder in the 1st, a 4th-5th rounder in the 2nd (costed them an extra 3rd too), picked a 3rd-4th in the 3rd, not bad, and now picks a 6th-7th in the 4th. Meanwhile the Ravens have about 5 1st-2nd rounders...wow.

this is definitely a head scratcher. if these guys don't end up warranting their alleged overdrafting, bill, the GM has screwed the franchise in a bad way.

Wow so reckless no concern for LB's, secondary...d line...picks a total scrub of an rb and qb instead. Just ridiculous. A bunch of bunk.

They even let Azaiza go to the Bills.....Good luck to this team, they're gonna need it going zero lb 1cb half a dline...just let the smarter ravens chiefs and bills take all the talent...whoever decided to skip on all these good players get yourself a tv and watch film...

What's funny is they could have gotten Mcduffie or Karlaftis, Channing Tindall or Leo Chenal, George Pickens or Sky Moore, Azaiza, And: all the scrubs they drafted. Well, not all are scrubs but the qb and first rb are if you watch some tape.

Last edited:
The Ravens, Chiefs, Jets, Giants, Bills owned this draft, especially the Ravens, flat out hands down ownage. All are rivalries to the Patriots. Not only do you damage your own team by not picking up known studs, you do double damage to your own team by letting your rivalries just waltz in and take them for you.

But if New England reaches the playoffs and beats the Ravens, Bulls or Chiefs I'll come back to this thread in January 2023 eating a dead crow.

Throws phone away in disgust but still trusts BB....imagine Mcduffie or Karlaftis...Channing or Leo Chenal...Sky Moore or Pickens, Azaiza in New England now....just nutz.

This happens every year.

Sometimes the naysayers are right but usually the hotter, howdidtheynotpickhim prospect turns out to be a JAG, or is out of the NFL by the end of his rookie contract, or on a PS somewhere.

Ironically the one time everyone got excited was when we took Harry, and despite revisionism on here about "I knew we should've taken XYZ ahead of him".

They even let Azaiza go to the Bills.....Good luck to this team, they're gonna need it going zero lb 1cb half a dline...just let the smarter ravens chiefs and bills take all the talent...whoever decided to skip on all these good players get yourself a tv and watch film...

Azaria went at the top of the 6th, a handful of picks before NE was on the clock.

The prior pick was a 4th rounder, and had the team used a 4th rounder on a punter, folks would likely be upset.

Maybe one where it would've been nice to jump ahead, but there's a chance Buffalo didn't tip their hand.

Azaria went at the top of the 6th, a handful of picks before NE was on the clock.

The prior pick was a 4th rounder, and had the team used a 4th rounder on a punter, folks would likely be upset.

Maybe one where it would've been nice to jump ahead, but there's a chance Buffalo didn't tip their hand.
the best punter in generations...or Joey Baggs from Popcorn State that threw for gazillions against nobodies...I take the punter because we had THREE 4th round picks and the punter is a sure hit...this qb would have been there later on but even if he was I'd have picked another QB prospect.

1- Trent Mcduffie CB
2- Cole Strange OG
3- Dean, Harris, Channing or Chenal LB because that's a MAJOR HOLE
4- Thornton or Calvin Austin III WR
5- Marcus Jones, Tariq Woolen or Zyon McCollum CB
6- Kevin Harris or other RB although you should have gotten that punter Azaiza. I'm gonna be laughing my ass off every time he punts vs you now. About 10 decent RB's didn't get drafted...Strong's film is weak. Harris better but still Azaiza...
7- Bo Melton or Dontario Drummond slot WR
UDFA- QB, RB, LB, WR, S

How do you pass on guys like McDuffie, Karlaftis, Dean and so many other studs so as to let your rivals Baltimore and KC to pick them up. Baltimore is having a draft for the ages and us...pathetic 3-5th round picks all week.

How do you not take Mcduffie at 21...but let your rival KC trade there, take him, than draft a 2-3rd rounder and proceed to give the 3rd rounder you got from KC to move up in the 2nd and snatch a 4th round receiver. Just stupid and a total laughing stock. Have fun getting beaten by KC, Ravens, Bills, heck even the Jets and Dolphins all decade long.

You realize that all the opinions about which players are better bets are just one big echo chamber of guys that aren't much more qualified than the average fan? The entire thing is an industry designed to suck you in, keep you interested/infuriated, and take your money?

Picked a 2nd-3rd rounder in the 1st, a 4th-5th rounder in the 2nd (costed them an extra 3rd too), picked a 3rd-4th in the 3rd, not bad, and now picks a 6th-7th in the 4th. Meanwhile the Ravens have about 5 1st-2nd rounders...wow.

I can’t believe that it costed them that much! How did this wicked terrible, no-good draft not costed BB his job?

Btw, the trade up in the 2nd only costed them a 5th, not a 3rd, but why let the facts get in the way of a whine session, amirite? I remember people complaining about those extra two 4th round picks that they gave up for Barmore like it was yesterday.

Wow so reckless, no concern for LBs, secondary, D Line...Picks a total scrub of a rb and qb instead. Just ridiculous. A bunch of bunk.

What was maybe The Most egregious pick on a weekend full of them was ignoring DT Travis Jones at #54 in favor of a ****ing one-trick ****ing beanpole from Baylor, a program with a Well-Deserved reputation for Failing to prepare their WRs for the pros...

I would not have drafted this ****ing stiff with even the pick (158) that Notgoat foolishly gave away to KC for the "privilege" of moving up 4 lousy ****ing spots to take him in the first place.

Passing on some of these LB's was effin dumb too....

Wow man, on a level of dumbness, this draft was a 10/10

I'd have gone McDuffie or if traded down, gotten Karlaftis and an extra 3rd round pick, Strange in the 2nd since they liked him so much (Since they were dumb in the first place to trade Mason for a 5th...unless there's reasons we don't know of course), an LB (Harris, Chenal, Muma, Tindall) in the 3rd, Calvin Austin III WR, (much better tape btw than Thornton), CB and another position of need in the 4th, I'd have traded up in the 5th grabbed the Punter Azaiza, than add whichever of the other players you drafted since they would still all be there in the 6th or 7th lol. Wow man, what an utter disaster. How do you go from the BEST ever draft to the WORST ever draft....

Last edited:
I'd have gone McDuffie or if traded down, gotten Karlaftis and an extra 3rd round pick, Strange in the 2nd since they liked him so much (Since they were dumb in the first place to trade Mason for a 5th...unless there's reasons we don't know of course), an LB (Harris, Chenal, Muma, Tindall) in the 3rd, Calvin Austin III WR, (much better tape btw than Thornton), CB and another position of need in the 4th, I'd have traded up in the 5th grabbed the Punter Azaiza, than add whichever of the other players you drafted since they would still all be there in the 6th or 7th lol. Wow man, what an utter disaster. How do you go from the BEST ever draft to the WORST ever draft....

Or, instead of using #85 on a LB (I wanted either DE Cam Thomas or WR Jalen Tolbert there), if they had kept #158 they would've been in position to draft LSU LB Damone Clark, a likely Day 2 pick himself were it not for his recent back surgery that will likely keep him out of most if not all of this season... If he can make a near-full recovery, he would automatically become our best LB in the room...

If not Tolbert in the 3rd, then the two best WRs for us in the 4th round, in addition to Calvin Austin, were I thought Romeo Doubs & Khalil Shakir... I would've taken Doubs, but I also would've understood either of the other two... I still would not have been looking for BoneyT at this point...

What was maybe The Most egregious pick on a weekend full of them was ignoring DT Travis Jones at #54 in favor of a ****ing one-trick ****ing beanpole from Baylor, a program with a Well-Deserved reputation for Failing to prepare their WRs for the pros...

I would not have drafted this ****ing stiff with even the pick (158) that Notgoat foolishly gave away to KC for the "privilege" of moving up 4 lousy ****ing spots to take him in the first place.

Thornton isn't a one tick pony.
Baylor does not have a reputation for failing to prepare their WRs for the NFL. Why do you insist on lying?

No one cares what you would have done. You've shown that you couldn't win a pee wee football game, let alone an NFL game with your thoughts.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back