PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Punt returner options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bite. He already knows the ST calls. He seemed to have improved last preseason and this preseason at hanging on to the ball. I could see it as a short term option. I'm not advocating for it as the best long term solution, but I could see why it somewhat makes sense.

The current guy gets only one game to try, but they should bring back the guy who **** himself game after game after game?

That doesn't make sense.

PR is about 3rd or 4th on my list of needs. I don't think they have the space for a PR unless he also fills another need (WR). If not, I think they make due.

They should try Patterson back there. Dynamic player with good hands.

Unless McCarron has inherited the Ken Walter Memorial Revealing Snapshots Album, I think he's on his way.

If they just want a guy to fair catch, though, there are options:

This reminds me of another player who tried to make the team as punt returner...

"The shifty special teamer didn’t even make the New England roster on his first try. He’d be a victim of final cuts in the preseason of his rookie year before rejoining the team to spell Ronnie Harris as a punt returner in 1993. When the 1994 season rolled around, Brown was again shown the door, only for Parcells to bring him back once more. In his first two seasons, he’d return 49 punts but make just two receptions". Troy Brown

Troy Brown is the ‘TB’ who made me fall in love with the Patriots

McCarron and Hansen got the axe today.

But, but, but....that can’t be. Deus said that we were overreacting to one game.

Deus has been posting since this board was founded. Get McCarran back in here. Turn those machines back on!

Are you saying his info was as reliable as Beeks'? :)

McCarron was terrible in the preseason. At everything. With the possible exception of fair catching, which was his only use to the roster. Now we know we can't trust him to even do that. His being released was a foregone conclusion.

But, but, but....that can’t be. Deus said that we were overreacting to one game.

Deus has been posting since this board was founded. Get McCarran back in here. Turn those machines back on!

What the hell are you talking about?

Oh, nevermind. It's you. You have no idea what you're talking about.

So we're stuck with Hansen's cap cause he was on the 53 game one even as an inactive???

After seeing Riley Harper Alexander Mccarron head butt the punt and then fail to recognize that the ball was tickling his wiener underneath him, it’s pretty clear that he Pats need to find a solution to their PR problem.............................

Riley McCarron Waived, There Ya Go!

Chung plays nearly every snap on defense as it is; can we at least let him have an extra couple of minutes rest and let somebody else younger and with more time on his hands such as - oh, I don't know - a backup CB with major-college production returning punts, and for whom we used the 60th overall draft position barely 2 years ago?
He can rest when the offense is on the field.

I'll bite. He already knows the ST calls. He seemed to have improved last preseason and this preseason at hanging on to the ball. I could see it as a short term option. I'm not advocating for it as the best long term solution, but I could see why it somewhat makes sense.

Absolutely agree.

Riley McCarron Waived, There Ya Go!

Now the Pats can re-sign Cyrus Jones so he can take over the kick return/punt return duties. I didn't understand his release to begin with. He'd been making real improvement since his rookie year, and looked good in pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down