PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PSA: Patriots are now the #7 seed [edit: now the #6 seed post-week 11]

You don’t give the Pats any shot against the Raiders or the Bengals?
I should have put raiders in that first group, I forgot.

But they have a good shot against raiders of course. They could lose - belichick's record against his former assistants aren't very good. But the raiders still suck so us winning would not be a surprise.

Bengals? They'll get Chase back by then, and they can run really well with Mixon. And with Burrow, the Bengals aren't afraid to go against anyone. So they are well equipped to beat us.

Call me a negative nancy but I think things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better around here
The sad part is that BB does so many things great, but identifying offensive talent like QB is not one of them.

Brady was a fluke and throwaway draft pick. There is no way that BB knew the GOAT sitting there and skipped over him 5 times. If BB traded every 2000 draft pick and then some to move up to # 1 and take Brady it would be remembered as pure genius.

The sad part is that BB does so many things great, but identifying offensive talent like QB is not one of them.

Brady was a fluke and throwaway draft pick. There is no way that BB knew the GOAT sitting there and skipped over him 5 times. If BB traded every 2000 draft pick and then some to move up to # 1 and take Brady it would be remembered as pure genius.
How many QBs in the league right now have been coached by BB?

Let's see if Judon get's consistent help from the young guys like Uche - McMillan and Jennings of the world also in the middle from our DT's. IF we can bring he Heat and hold the Edge I like our chances on D against them all.

I agree except the D was not good against Jackson or Fields. Have to see if the Pats can figure out how to spy the QB while playing man-to-man which is essentially a blitz on every passing down which is risky. The spy has to cover short routes over the middle while watching Allen or Jackson or other. Not easy. If Duggar is covering the TE I think that duty will fall on Wilson or Peppers.

It is highly possible that all 4 afc east teams make the play offs
Highly possible? Can't even think of the last time that happened.

Gotta take into account who the 8th, 9th & 10th seeds have the rest of the way too if you are gonna do that

Chargers have Chiefs, Cardinals, Dolphins, Colts, Titans

Bengals have Steelers, Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens

Colts (Pats hold the tie-break) have Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys, Vikings, Chargers, Giants

The 11th seed currently is the Browns who the Pats have a tie-breaker over
AFCE: # of wins by opponents.

Pats: 44 wins (2 teams <.500)
Jets, Vikings, Bills, Cards, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills.
Record: 9-8

Jets: 41 wins (3 teams <.500)
Pats, Bears, Vikings, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahawks, Dolphins.
Record: 10-7

Bills: 37 wins (3 teams <.500)
Browns, Lions, Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Bengals, Pats.
Record: 11-6

Dolphins: 32 wins (2 teams <.500)
Bye, Texans, 49ers, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Pats, Jets.
Record: 12-5

MIA has the easiest schedule followed by the Bills and Jets in the east.

WC: # wins by opponents.

Bengals: 41 wins (2 teams <.500)
Steelers, Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens.
Record: 9-8

Chargers: 36 wins (5 teams <.500)
Chiefs, Cardinals, Dolphins, Colts, Titans, Raiders, Rams & Broncos.
Record: 10-7

Chargers have the 2nd easiest schedule and should get to 10 wins.

But this has been a crazy season, so anything could happen. That's why we watch the games.

In spite of the very slow start and the injury to our starting QB we're in decent shape and are only 1 game out of the division lead. We also have 2 games against the Bills and home games against NJ and Miami. I'm not sure that we can get the top seed but the division is still in play.

Another thing that gives me hope is the incredibly stupid decisions that I see coaches making every week.

My only real concern is the offense. If that comes around then we'll be a serious threat.

In spite of the very slow start and the injury to our starting QB we're in decent shape and are only 1 game out of the division lead. We also have 2 games against the Bills and home games against NJ and Miami. I'm not sure that we can get the top seed but the division is still in play.

Another thing that gives me hope is the incredibly stupid decisions that I see coaches making every week.

My only real concern is the offense. If that comes around then we'll be a serious threat.
"The offense" in general is a pretty big concern to have :)

Unfortunately, our divisional games have become dogfights. I think if we go 2-2 vs Jets, Miami, Bills (x2) I'd be happy... cant believe that sentence just came out of my mouth.

Something to watch this weekend for Browns @ Bills. Could help us. If the Browns are even able to travel there…

Anything to muck the game up, gives the Browns a fluky shot at a win. Similar to Pats-Bills last year, people didn't want to admit it but it's very unlikely we win that game without insane wind.

Anything to muck the game up, gives the Browns a fluky shot at a win. Similar to Pats-Bills last year, people didn't want to admit it but it's very unlikely we win that game without insane wind.
If there is that much snow, they will reschedule the game or play in Cleveland I would assume??

And we were that close to losing that one anyway.

Yes I think they should move it to either of those days! The Bills play on Thanksgiving :D
They should have them play against CLE and DET at the same time on Thanksgiving. At least it'll make it more entertaining.

And @Ian's 13-4 prediction comes true.

And we were that close to losing that one anyway.
I thought Allen was going to make the game winning touchdown at the end thre.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back