PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pryor fined 7500 for hit on Favre...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous. RIDICULOUS.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. I hope he appeals it. I'd really like to hear an explanation from the NFL of what he should have done differently. If anything Pryor was trying to put his helmet further away from Favre's head before the tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EUcdv-iDY8&feature=player_embedded

r656334454.jpg

alg_brett-favre-hit.jpg

Last edited:
Straight up BS that was a text book hit. These NFL FO guys are going to kill the Golden Goose if they keep tinkering with the product.

Geez nothin is done about a season ending injury to Brady yet Farve gets a boo boo on his chin quite clearly form incidental contact and it cost 7500 dollars- when are the boys going to start to wear flags out there instead of pads.

10? I only need 2 characters to respond to this:

BS

The rule is pretty clear.

And his helmet hit the players head.

I am okay with this. It is a pretty small fine (relatively speaking as NFL fines go) with no suspension as it should be given the lack of past offenses and apparent lack of intent.

If Brady had been on the receiving end the board would be going crazy for the lack of a suspension.

If a player was to hit any other QB (except Forehead Manning) they wouldn't be fined!

Absolutely PATHETIC!

The crazy thing is that the league knows it's BS, why else is the fine only $7,500 in the season of $25,000+ fines? Merriweather deserved to be fined, Pryor did not.

Rated One star because I am wicked pissed at the incompetent tool that is the NFL Commish.

Robert Kraft, WHAT were you thinking???

I am okay with this. It is a pretty small fine (relatively speaking as NFL fines go) with no suspension as it should be given the lack of past offenses and apparent lack of intent.

If Brady had been on the receiving end the board would be going crazy for the lack of a suspension.

Nonsense. The hit was clean. The league is now fining players for not being able to properly answer physics questions regarding velocities and vectors as they make contact on a perfectly clean hit.

Last edited:

But...if Favre's chin hadn't started bleeding, would the league have given that play a second glance? It seems to me that this is a fine based on the outcome, not the action.

Pryor went in chest first...too the Lord's midsection. So now I guess the target will be the nutsack....or tacklers need to be turned at an angle first.

You know this is getting bad when players are being fined for legal hits.

Here's a question, is the NFL really fining playings for "devastating hits" or only when others players get hurt?

The Dunta Robinson hit was about as clean as it gets. Yet gets fined because Jackson got flatned and resulted in a concusion. As Chris Tucker once said, "He got knocked the _____ out!"

That is what it seems like it's coming down to. Even if the hit is legal, if the other player is hurt, the person delivering the hit gets automatically fined.

Last edited:
Rated One star because I am wicked pissed at the incompetent tool that is the NFL Commish.

Robert Kraft, WHAT were you thinking???

1 star bandit sighting!!

:cool:

WTF, time to get some kind of limit on these aholes ability to fine people. If it isn't called during the game, then it shouldn't be judges in slow motion a day later!

Man, I wonder how much they had to slow down the film and zoom in to reach their conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes