PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Probably need to trade Brady and start Garoppolo like right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only "interceptable" pass I saw by Brady in the PO's was to the Texan's CB, it hit him right in the hands and he dropped it. Other than that, not so much. Rodgers threw at least 2 in a similar fashion but haven't read an article on those...

For me it has to be catchable, I don't call passes that hit an out stretched hand of a jumping wide receiver drops or catchable, so I'm certainly not going to call the pass toward Beasly interceptable....

QB's should get a little credit for putting the ball in hard to get places on defenders that aren't in good positions to begin with.

I heard someone comment about why defensive ends aren't tight ends -- because they aren't that good at catching the ball. Beasley did well to get his hand on the ball, and also did well to nudge Bennett to the ground without being called for pass interference. He wasn't close to intercepting the ball. Gronk could have, catching it with one hand.

The play where Alford tipped the ball, leading to The Catch, also wasn't really an interceptable ball. He would have had to be a whole step sooner, or have jumped quite a bit higher -- as it was, he made an incredibly athletic play just to get his hands on the ball -- to have a chance at actually making his second interception, despite what Troy Aikman had to say about the fact that it should have been intercepted.

After the game, Brady was asked about those nearly intercepted balls (and others). His response was that all passes are like that -- there's a receiver nearby, there's almost always one or more defenders nearby, you can't throw only safe passes, particularly against a good defense. You're forced to take chances, particularly when you're behind by as much as the Pats were.

The Patriots were fortunate, but history favors the "fortunate."

This jackass, Fahey, wrote a similar article about Brady's decline after the 2013 season. If he keeps this up, he may eventually be right. Although, it might be after Brady has six or seven Super Bowl wins. Then Fahey can pat himself on the back.

Last edited:
Exactly

Very few will remember him or care because he didn't make the play, and I couldn't be happier about that
How true dat!

The difference between football immortality and people confusing your name with somebody else can be a matter of inches.

A 103 yard pick six there by Beasley = Jersey and Cleats in Canton and 10 quadrillion replays on YouTube instead of, "Oh I thought it was Neal..."

I don't buy the arm strength BS at all.. every time Brady struggles the obvious #1 culprit is pressure. That also goes for every other QB in the league.

The 2015/2016 AFC championship against Denver.. I knew it was going to be a long day for Brady. Marcus Cannon was getting abused and Brady knew he had no time.

Brady might not have the strongest arm but he does have one of the most accurate short to intermediate lazer beams that I have ever seen. And this last year Brady seemed to develop a better touch pass. If you had to knock Brady for anything it wasn't arm strength it was more like the floating arcing touch passes.. Brady never seemed to be great at those until he hit 39 years old.

Literally this season Brady had virtually no weaknesses in his game. He was great at everything. Except maybe running but apparently he even got a little faster.

I don't buy the arm strength BS at all.. every time Brady struggles the obvious #1 culprit is pressure. That also goes for every other QB in the league.

The 2015/2016 AFC championship against Denver.. I knew it was going to be a long day for Brady. Marcus Cannon was getting abused and Brady knew he had no time.

Brady might not have the strongest arm but he does have one of the most accurate short to intermediate lazer beams that I have ever seen. And this last year Brady seemed to develop a better touch pass. If you had to knock Brady for anything it wasn't arm strength it was more like the floating arcing touch passes.. Brady never seemed to be great at those until he hit 39 years old.

Literally this season Brady had virtually no weaknesses in his game. He was great at everything. Except maybe running but apparently he even got a little faster.

Brady has mastered every aspect of QB through relentless hard work throughout his career, but the most striking improvement to me is his ability to throw on the run, which he used to absolutely suck at. Now when Brady is forced out of the pocket he is able to stay in balance and throw with accuracy, whereas it used to be a rich man's Tim Tebow impression. It really demonstrates just how committed Brady is to every aspect of improving.

"Losing arm strength" - 4th quarter bullets in the third to last drive - a rope to Mitchell followed by another rope to Amendola in the end zone. He was accurate as all hell in the 4th quarter and OT. Here are Brady's best passes - most of which come in the 4th and OT, when his arms should have been tired. Brady threw 63 (!) passes.

That pass to Amendola at about the 2:50 mark, though. That was purdy.

Arm strength is one of the most overrated quality's when evaluating QB's, at least imo. I'm not suggesting it doesn't matter because it has to be strong enough to get the right pace on any throw, but the ability to throw a ball 80 yards in your knees or through a wall doesn't mean anything. Michael Bishop had a cannon, so did Vick, so does Kaepernick, and all three could run when they needed to, yet none were really successful. Brady has and has always had good arm strength and I don't believe it will ever be an issue during his career. What matters is reading defenses and getting the ball to the best option, accuracy, placement (as Welker found out when he played with Manning), and the right pace in the ball, and it's fairly rare that QBs find themselves having to put everything they have into any throw. And when people fret about Brady's career suddenly going into a tailspin it is arm strength that I believe they are looking at the most, as it is hard to think of any other attribute that would suddenly cause his demise as a player. It's not injury because career ending injuries happen at any age, and Brady is as durable as it gets.

Look someone wrote an idiotic article.

This is the authors bio:

Well he wasn't lying - he replied to a lot of the comments to the article. And he said he hoped he was wrong.

Well he wasn't lying - he replied to a lot of the comments to the article. And he said he hoped he was wrong.
He is still wrong and it's a weak article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back