PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro-Day schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermaine Cunningham set for his private workout | Atlanta Falcons
Florida defensive end Jermaine Cunningham, of Stephenson High, has recovered from shoulder surgery and will hold a private workout for NFL teams at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Gainesville.
-----
In addition to the private workout, Cunningham has a visit set up with the St. Louis Rams and has been receiving interest from nearly 20 teams in the league.

Arthur Jones working out today. He also has private workouts scheduled with New England, Buffalo, and Atlanta.

Good frame for the 5, plus tireless worker, earned two degrees at SU, and ultra high-character guy. Had a first round grade last year, but stayed in school and suffered torn pectoral February '09 and knee injury in November.

...and a 6.47 3-Cone?! I've never heard of a 3-Cone below 6.5; those below 6.60 are very rare as it is.

Rolle could now get drafted closer to #100 than to #150.

Though Rolle put up a more pedestrian 6.94 at the Combine, which makes you wonder a bit about this workout time.

(BTW, WR Scott Long clocked 6.45 at the Combine, at 6'2" 216!)

Though Rolle put up a more pedestrian 6.94 at the Combine, which makes you wonder a bit about this workout time.

(BTW, WR Scott Long clocked 6.45 at the Combine, at 6'2" 216!)
Yep, the CB NE had out of ND who got hurt his rookie year and never got a foothold when he came back had a killer 3-cone at his Pro-Day.

Yep, the CB NE had out of ND who got hurt his rookie year and never got a foothold when he came back had a killer 3-cone at his Pro-Day.

That would be Brock frocking Williams. A 2-round over-draft. An underachiever until his senior season. And rounds 4-7 weren't any better, either.

That would be Brock frocking Williams. A 2-round over-draft. An underachiever until his senior season. And rounds 4-7 weren't any better, either.

Nope, that would be Mike Richardson, who looked great until an injury cost him his rookie year. He never could get back up to speed after that.

NFLDraftScout gives the following numbers:

Height: 5103
Weight: 188
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.47
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'7"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.05
3-Cone Drill: 6.27

ELITE athlete. It's too bad it didn't work out. :(

Daniel Jeremiah (MoveTheSticks) addressed the 3 cone at Pro Days on his twitter account. Basically, the strength and conditioning coaches use smaller cones at the Pro Days than are used at the combine. This makes a significant difference in the times players are able to record at their Pro Days. I don't know why this is allowed, but it is equivalent to running a 38 yard dash instead of a 40 yard dash.

Daniel Jeremiah (MoveTheSticks) addressed the 3 cone at Pro Days on his twitter account. Basically, the strength and conditioning coaches use smaller cones at the Pro Days than are used at the combine. This makes a significant difference in the times players are able to record at their Pro Days. I don't know why this is allowed, but it is equivalent to running a 38 yard dash instead of a 40 yard dash.

Weird, because cone size shouldn't cause a difference. Cone distance would, but not cone size. You still have to slalom through the course at full speed. The only thing I can think of that would make a difference is not knocking a cone over if you cut too close while moving through the drill. Hm. Something to ponder.

I still maintain that very few football players actually know how to move very well. Throw them in a dance/gymnastics/parkour program, and they would improve drastically. Of course, I'm biased, since I want to open a movement coaching gym that focuses on those movement skills. :p

Weird, because cone size shouldn't cause a difference. Cone distance would, but not cone size. You still have to slalom through the course at full speed. The only thing I can think of that would make a difference is not knocking a cone over if you cut too close while moving through the drill. Hm. Something to ponder.

I still maintain that very few football players actually know how to move very well. Throw them in a dance/gymnastics/parkour program, and they would improve drastically. Of course, I'm biased, since I want to open a movement coaching gym that focuses on those movement skills. :p
The complaint is the shorter cones allow the players to "lean" more on the cuts - which to me would be more real world. :confused2:

The complaint is the shorter cones allow the players to "lean" more on the cuts - which to me would be more real world. :confused2:

Yeah, I get that, but why not compensate by staying a little bit farther away from the cones at all times, sinking your hips, and leaning prodigiously? I mean, that's pretty much what Long did if you watch the video, and it worked well for him.

Yeah, that's how I feel, too --> :confused2:

Nope, that would be Mike Richardson, who looked great until an injury cost him his rookie year. He never could get back up to speed after that.

NFLDraftScout gives the following numbers:

Height: 5103
Weight: 188
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.47
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'7"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.05
3-Cone Drill: 6.27

ELITE athlete. It's too bad it didn't work out. :(

Wow; those are indeed elite #s. Too bad that even in college, he could never translate that athleticism into on-field performance.

The moral here: After NFL-caliber physical skills have been found, ensure that NFL-caliber instincts are there, too...
...and don't draft ND CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore