PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl: Gilmore, Slater, Bailey

Gilmore is undeserving of the pro bowl this season.

I don't care about punters.

And Slater is the most overrated player in the history of the franchise. He runs down the field occasionally, usually for no good reason since most every time is a touchback or a fair catch. Fans actually buy this guy's team jersey... I always chuckle when I see that. The organization is grooming Slater to be the next Andre Tippett... ever present but utterly uninvolved in every team ceremony. At least Tippett was a real football player.

Usually it takes some sort of prompting to get someone to out themselves as knowing literally nothing about the game of football, but you just volunteered that information. Nice.

Fair enough but do you think he has genuinely impacted the outcome of any games? He's punting, right? Punting. I mean he is more important than Slater because he's actually occupying a roster spot with a specific purpose, not make-believe like Slater marching up and down the square.
The impact of Bailey and Slater was on full display against the Dolphins when they downed the ball at the 3 yard line. Slater has a chance at the HOF and is one of the team leaders. Bailey may be the best punter in the league, also handles kickoffs and has proven to be a great draft pick.

A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf over N'Keal Harry? What a travesty!!!

Serious question, Does Matthew and Jackie become the first father-son in the HOF? Couldn't happen to a better pair of people.

I think after this weekend, in 30 years the PGA will have Charlie and Tiger Woods in their HOF!

How was Andrews leading C's in votes, only to somehow not make it?

Gilmore has had a pretty forgettable year and shouldn't have made it.

And Slater is the most overrated player in the history of the franchise. He runs down the field occasionally, usually for no good reason since most every time is a touchback or a fair catch. Fans actually buy this guy's team jersey... I always chuckle when I see that. The organization is grooming Slater to be the next Andre Tippett... ever present but utterly uninvolved in every team ceremony. At least Tippett was a real football player.
Can’t tell if you’re completely trolling or completely ignorant. My guess is a healthy amount of both.

F the punter, I'm not taking about a punter, total waste of F'ing time.

Let's talk about something apparently way more important... a gunner. Okay since I'm so football illiterate... name a handful of plays, or even a couple, or maybe just one play in the history of his entire NFL career that Slater made that was impactful on any game of any consequence. And downing the ball at the 3 in a game where they got otherwise thoroughly embarrassed does not count.

Seriously, Slater a hall of famer? Just tear down the building if he gets in because it will be rendered meaningless.

Also if you're ranking the most important players of the Patriots dynasty, where does Slater fall? Serious question because I'd run out of time before I'd get to Slater.

Hope this is a joke

F the punter, I'm not taking about a punter, total waste of F'ing time.

Let's talk about something apparently way more important... a gunner. Okay since I'm so football illiterate... name a handful of plays, or even a couple, or maybe just one play in the history of his entire NFL career that Slater made that was impactful on any game of any consequence. And downing the ball at the 3 in a game where they got otherwise thoroughly embarrassed does not count.

Seriously, Slater a hall of famer? Just tear down the building if he gets in because it will be rendered meaningless.

Also if you're ranking the most important players of the Patriots dynasty, where does Slater fall? Serious question because I'd run out of time before I'd get to Slater.

ryan reynolds facepalm GIF

You've really been on a roll since you joined up. I think I've seen enough of your posts for good.

You've really been on a roll since you joined up. I think I've seen enough of your posts for good.
Oh pull your head out of Belichick's rump. While you're bathing in the kool-aid, others may actually have an independent point of view. Reamer, I'm really touched that you've had enough of me.

In the specific roles that Slater performs he is an all time great special teamer and will receive some consideration for the HOF. I don't think anyone believes he is one of the most important players of the dynasty but he was certainly one of the many important cogs that this team was known for. The Patriots special teams have consistently been near the top of the league and Slater has been a top contributor on it. The Pats special teams twice had the Falcons pinned around the 10 yard line during their comeback. In Super Bowl 53 against the Rams Slater downed the ball at the 2 on a punt and he also tackled a Ram at the 10 yard line for a loss of a yard on another punt. In a game where the offense only managed 13 points every inch of field position mattered.

Bill certainly got Bailey right. He also got Ghost right and he was batting a thousand at the kicker spot until last years draft. Blankenship would of been the obvious choice just like Ghost and Bailey were pretty much unanimous best at their positions. Not sure how the scouts messed that one up. Just glad Folk was able to step up.

Tucker is one of the best kickers of all, certainly the most accurate. He had a good year. Folk had a fine year, but I can see why folks voted for Tucker.
Actually, Younghoe Koo is the Pro Bowl kicker. He has hit 35 of 36 FGs this year, including all 8 over 50 yards. The Pats decision to wave him off their practice squad in October of last year was -totally in retrospect -a terrible decision. At the time it made sense because he had been a failure previously with the Chargers. No one could have seen this coming. But he's only 26 years old and could be a franchise kicker for 15 years.

Actually, Younghoe Koo is the Pro Bowl kicker. He has hit 35 of 36 FGs this year, including all 8 over 50 yards. The Pats decision to wave him off their practice squad in October of last year was -totally in retrospect -a terrible decision. At the time it made sense because he had been a failure previously with the Chargers. No one could have seen this coming. But he's only 26 years old and could be a franchise kicker for 15 years.
Obviously 35 of 36 is good regardless of conditions, but forgive me for being a little skeptical of a kicker who has played 12 of his 13 games in a dome.

Every once in awhile, we are reminded why we have an ignore function.

tucker is AFC, Koo NFC

Both far better than FOLK

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents