PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl: Gilmore, Slater, Bailey

Was Bailey ever this good?

I honestly want him back next season and maybe even in 2022. I see him as a piece for the next couple seasons.

edit: i thought bailey was the field goal kicker for a minute my bad i meant him lol

edit: my bad i thought bailey was the field goal kicker for a minute idk why. i meant him

Some classic examples of name recognition getting a good share of spots. Would have maybe thought at least one of Thuney, Andrews, or Jackson would make it.

Good to see the fan vote was generally overruled when it needed to be. I called out four vote leaders in the recent Allen Pro Bowl thread, and none of them even made the Pro Bowl team.

JC over Gilmore
Thuney should have made it
Mason had a much better year than last
Bailey a no brainer
Who beat Folk out?
Slater is amazing, really glad for him

An important note: by being named to the Pro Bowl, Bailey has unlocked Level Three (the highest) of the Proven Performance Escalator. It's the only one available to ST players (the other two levels are based on snap counts).

His 2022 salary will now equal the second-round RFA tender amount. The good news is that it's a pay raise of more than $2M. The bad news is that it is not guaranteed at all.

JC Jackson has 8 INTs

While I think JC Jackson did put in a Pro Bowl caliber season, you can't just point to the interceptions. If you go by that criteria, 2011 Kyle Arrington was elite, and that was one of the worst full season starting performances I can remember for a Patriots player.

An important note: by being named to the Pro Bowl, Bailey has unlocked Level Three (the highest) of the Proven Performance Escalator. It's the only one available to ST players (the other two levels are based on snap counts).

His 2022 salary will now equal the second-round RFA tender amount. The good news is that it's a pay raise of more than $2M. The bad news is that it is not guaranteed at all.
Can they negotiate a longer term deal after next year, to avoid paying a punter that much?

No Pro Bowl inflation for new contracts for Thuney and JC Jackson. That's how I look at this.

This Pittsburgh OL had two linemen in the pro bowl? With this rushing offense? What was our ground game ranked again?

What a joke.

slater is an amazing special teams player. I think he has another year of excellence left and I hope he comes back next season!

thuney is second team all pro but can not make the pro bowl? At least we will get a third round comp pick after he leaves this offseason.

Gilmore is undeserving of the pro bowl this season.

I don't care about punters.

And Slater is the most overrated player in the history of the franchise. He runs down the field occasionally, usually for no good reason since most every time is a touchback or a fair catch. Fans actually buy this guy's team jersey... I always chuckle when I see that. The organization is grooming Slater to be the next Andre Tippett... ever present but utterly uninvolved in every team ceremony. At least Tippett was a real football player.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back