PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl: Gilmore, Slater, Bailey

Gilmore is undeserving of the pro bowl this season.

I don't care about punters.
Bailey changed field position more times than I can count when the offense squandered drives. He's insanely valuable and he was last year also. Definitely deserved it, opponents averaged just 5.8 yards per return (4th fewest in the NFL) and he had 24 punts inside the 20 (3rd best). He's turned out to be an incredible find for this football team and it's nice to see him get some recognition.

I won't get into your Slater comments...I'll leave that alone ;)

Last edited:
Bailey changed field position more times than I can count when the offense squandered drives. He's insanely valuable and he was last year also. Definitely deserved it, opponents averaged just 5.8 yards per return (4th fewest in the NFL) and 24 inside the 20 (3rd best). He's turned out to be an incredible find for this football team and it's nice to see him get some recognition.
Fair enough but do you think he has genuinely impacted the outcome of any games? He's punting, right? Punting. I mean he is more important than Slater because he's actually occupying a roster spot with a specific purpose, not make-believe like Slater marching up and down the square.

Fair enough but do you think he has genuinely impacted the outcome of any games? He's punting, right? Punting. I mean he is more important than Slater because he's actually occupying a roster spot with a specific purpose, not make-believe like Slater marching up and down the square.

I absolutely do. You're forcing long drives for opponents, which limits their ability to score. Better yet, if the defense gets a stop and they punt from deep in their own territory, oftentimes you start out with great field position offensively.

Absolutely feel he's important, and there have been a few close games where he was definitely a difference-maker.

And Slater is the most overrated player in the history of the franchise. He runs down the field occasionally, usually for no good reason since most every time is a touchback or a fair catch. Fans actually buy this guy's team jersey... I always chuckle when I see that. The organization is grooming Slater to be the next Andre Tippett... ever present but utterly uninvolved in every team ceremony. At least Tippett was a real football player.
Why are all your posts so negative ? You obviously hate the Patriots, you were probably always a Brady fan and not a fan of the team. Why don't you go to the Tampa web site, I am sure they will welcome you ! It's really frustrating to see posters claim to be Patriot fans, but yet they moan and complain and are downright unpleasant about everything related to the team !

JC over Gilmore
Thuney should have made it
Mason had a much better year than last
Bailey a no brainer
Who beat Folk out?
Slater is amazing, really glad for him
Tucker is one of the best kickers of all, certainly the most accurate. He had a good year. Folk had a fine year, but I can see why folks voted for Tucker.

JC over Gilmore
Thuney should have made it
Mason had a much better year than last
Bailey a no brainer
Who beat Folk out?
Slater is amazing, really glad for him

Justin Tucker beat folk out. Folk couldn’t wash Tucker’s jock strap

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

And Slater is the most overrated player in the history of the franchise. He runs down the field occasionally, usually for no good reason since most every time is a touchback or a fair catch. Fans actually buy this guy's team jersey... I always chuckle when I see that. The organization is grooming Slater to be the next Andre Tippett... ever present but utterly uninvolved in every team ceremony. At least Tippett was a real football player.

Hey he gives good speeches after games. Ohhhh yeaaaah !

Any of our WRs or TEs get selected?

• Winner
Lol, a little harsh. True, but still... :cool:

Sorry I had to.. I mean Tucker is so overwhelming the best kicker on the planet and he may be the best kicker of all time.

You see that 55 yard game winner he made against a very strong wind in terrible weather ... a near impossible kick

Still no draft picks since 2013 have made the pro bowl for the patriots..
I guess that’s why we are 6-8

Why are all your posts so negative ? You obviously hate the Patriots, you were probably always a Brady fan and not a fan of the team. Why don't you go to the Tampa web site, I am sure they will welcome you ! It's really frustrating to see posters claim to be Patriot fans, but yet they moan and complain and are downright unpleasant about everything related to the team !
My main point is a basic one, Brady is the GOAT, and Belichick is called the GOAT because of the former. Simple. Not necessarily negative either unless you actually believe Belichick is as important as he thinks he is.

What frustrates me is all the undeserving credit Belichick is given for the Dynasty when his success is so obviously correlated with having Brady as his quarterback. In 8 seasons without Brady, he's won 0 division titles and 1 meaningless playoff game. In 18 seasons with Brady, he's won 17 division titles and 6 Super Bowl, which should have been 7 had he not inexplicably benched one of the starting corners.

Yes, I'm a huge Brady fan, as every Patriots fan should be, because the only success the franchise has ever had, since 1960, was with Brady leading the way. I could name several other former players, and a few current, that I appreciate but none of them have had the kind of impact as Brady. That's just stating the obvious.

I also think Brady (and Gronk) left because Belichick made it so unbearable for them to stay. Had Brady quarterbacked the team this season then they would have won 4 more games to this point and gone onto win the division. They wouldn't have been as good as KC but they weren't as good as KC in '18 and yet they still beat them in the postseason so who knows. I know this, the Patriots were truly abysmal offensively this season, particular at the quarterback position, so much so that it rendered their chances of being relevant impossible. Meanwhile Brady is erasing 17-point deficits, leading late-game comebacks per always, and heading toward another postseason run. And yes, it's also true, I will be a Bucs fan come January when the Patriots will be absent for first time since '08 (which without coincidence was the last season Brady wasn't their starter).

Sorry I had to.. I mean Tucker is so overwhelming the best kicker on the planet and he may be the best kicker of all time.

You see that 55 yard game winner he made against a very strong wind in terrible weather ... a near impossible kick
Lol, I was just joking, it was just a blunt assessment and it was funny. Tucker is obviously light years ahead of Folk, but it was good to see him settle in and even increase his range a bit. Given how bad the offense has been, it was nice to not have that be another one of their problems this season.

Lol, I was just joking, it was just a blunt assessment and it was funny. Tucker is obviously light years ahead of Folk, but it was good to see him settle in and even increase his range a bit. Given how bad the offense has been, it was nice to not have that be another one of their problems this season.
lol yeah I agree special teams for us is awesome. Folk turned a corner, Bailey is a stud.

Still no draft picks since 2013 have made the pro bowl for the patriots..
I guess that’s why we are 6-8

Huh? I counted 3. Collins, Bailey, Ryan, Garoppolo and Grugier-Hill.

Others made the All-Pro teams, like Thuney last year and Mason the year before.

I absolutely do. You're forcing long drives for opponents, which limits their ability to score. Better yet, if the defense gets a stop and they punt from deep in their own territory, oftentimes you start out with great field position offensively.

Absolutely feel he's important, and there have been a few close games where he was definitely a difference-maker.
According to Football Outsiders, Bailey's punts, compared to league average, have cost opponents an extra 15 points. His KOs are worth another 5.

And Gunner's punt returns are worth about 13 points more than average.

• Winner
This is completely unrelated and has nothing to do with any discussions on here but DK Metcalf also made the Pro Bowl

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back