PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Priest suspended for 'plagiarizing straight from Sermons.com

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Priest suspended for plagiarizing 'straight from Sermons.com' | Mail Online

Rev. John McGinn, 65, led the congregation of St. John’s Episcopal in the Cape Cod town of Sandwich, Massachusetts since 1993. That is, until recently when he was put on administrative leave for allegedly stealing sermons.

They came, nearly verbatim, from a book called ‘Dynamic Preaching’ that is only available via an online subscription service at Sermons.com.
We investigated further,’ wrote Shaw, ‘and have documentation that not only did he continue to copy sermons and preach and publish them verbatim, in print and online, as his own, but he had been doing so for many years.’
So what becomes of a shamed priest after many years in the cloth? Not a tortured existence, it appears.
‘I'm going to retire,’ the unabashed McGinn said. ‘I loved my time at the parish. That's all. I think I did a good job.’
IMO Fr. John ... all that matters is did you do a great job leading the flock

... it appears you did that very well. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Three men have now come forward and charged that when they were young boys McGinn faked having orgasms with them.

"The suspended priest will not be allowed to preach Sunday sermons, but will be allowed to post in the political forum of patsfans.com..."

"The suspended priest will not be allowed to preach Sunday sermons, but will be allowed to post in the political forum of patsfans.com..."

This priest is episcopal, not a member of the one and only "holy roman empire church".. so wrong guy.

To keep up with the Modern Megachurches and seem relevant and cool, McGinn's church, before services, will play upbeat music over the loudspeaker. This sundays selection, in tribute to "The Prince of Tides", will be "Honey Don't"

Followed by "Papa don't preach..." and here I was thinking it was the plea of a wayward daughter... turns out it was a simple statement of fact...

I wonder if the Papa in Papa Dont Preach was Paul Anka? Aha???? "You're Havin My Baby"? Did i just blow your mind???

Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg

From what I can discern, the whole bible is a plagiarized book so it is no surprise to me that some priests will plagiarize.

That is the forte of Western religions.

Regards
DL

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back