PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions

Solid team. Solid year. 8-8-1. 1990's Pats fans would be jealous.

I see you’re predicting another 50 mile per hour wind game :)
Nope, I'm predicting BB will put together a team to better deal with Allen.

Two points.

I don't think stevie belichick is "ascending coaching ranks" at all. No one outside of belichick (and you i guess) think it's anything other than nepotism. My guess.

As for harry, if he's beyond useless, then you cut him.

Two reasons.

First it sets a good tone for the team that players are held accountable. You can't be utterly useless (actually worse than useless, he bats the ball to the other team) and keep your roster spot and 2 million dollar salary.

Second, suppose in pro days or camp, he gets "injured". Now you can't cut without an injury settlement.

How's that for "logistical rationale?". What is the logic for keeping him? Will the comically worst wr in the league suddenly learn how to catch? You think that's likely? One poster here said they'd "even take as low as a 5th for him". This is comical. He's worse than a jag. Him being on the field is a net detriment. Better off with 10 players. You think that will change?

We trade out of the 1st round, Kraft forces Bill's hand and we draft a WR with our first pick. We take an IOL with our second pick. No CBs get drafted until day 3.

Damien Harris gets traded for a 2023 3rd round pick sometime after the draft.

Uche and Guy are surprise cuts.

Trey Flowers and Kyle Van Noy return to the team on discount contracts close to camp. Ronnie Perkins emerges as a starting caliber OLB, and the pass rush carries the defense.

Raquan McMillan stays healthy and leads the defense in tackles.

Malcolm Butler, Jaylen Mills and Jonathan Jones are your opening day starting CBs.

Jabril Peppers sees considerable playing time by midseason, and the defense shifts toward a scheme-heavy one featuring a back seven full of hybrid S/LB types.

N'Keal Harry still makes the team somehow.

Jonnu Smith plays decent.

The Patriots finish 9-8, miss the playoffs but keep it interesting.

You need high character, hard working, hungry guys. Young and old. Jones is okay.

We trade out of the 1st round, Kraft forces Bill's hand and we draft a WR with our first pick. We take an IOL with our second pick. No CBs get drafted until day 3.

Damien Harris gets traded for a 2023 3rd round pick sometime after the draft.

Uche and Guy are surprise cuts.

Trey Flowers and Kyle Van Noy return to the team on discount contracts close to camp. Ronnie Perkins emerges as a starting caliber OLB, and the pass rush carries the defense.

Raquan McMillan stays healthy and leads the defense in tackles.

Malcolm Butler, Jaylen Mills and Jonathan Jones are your opening day starting CBs.

Jabril Peppers sees considerable playing time by midseason, and the defense shifts toward a scheme-heavy one featuring a back seven full of hybrid S/LB types.

N'Keal Harry still makes the team somehow.

Jonnu Smith plays decent.

The Patriots finish 9-8, miss the playoffs but keep it interesting.
with Stevenson and White at Rb, it will indeed be difficult to reach the playoffs.
if our first pick is a WR, Harry will not make the team.

i predict our defense suprises people this year. Some modest improvements up front and find another outside cb. Bb can do alot with the unit at that point . Jcj to the new cb1 will be a downgrade but with our improved cb depth on the lower end i think we wont be as vulnerable to what happened in the buffalo games.

i predict our defense suprises people this year. Some modest improvements up front and find another outside cb. Bb can do alot with the unit at that point . Jcj to the new cb1 will be a downgrade but with our improved cb depth on the lower end i think we wont be as vulnerable to what happened in the buffalo games.

I think that's the hope anyway. You can scheme a WR1 with lesser talent (to an extent), but if your depth guys can't cover their WR3/4 it doesn't matter. They need more competition there, but if they can improve the depth they can mitigate the loss of Jackson.

I think that's the hope anyway. You can scheme a WR1 with lesser talent (to an extent), but if your depth guys can't cover their WR3/4 it doesn't matter. They need more competition there, but if they can improve the depth they can mitigate the loss of Jackson.

I think 2015 , 2016, and 2004 proved we can field a great defense without an elite corner, but have to work on that front 7. Getting to the point where bryant, joejuan, and practice squad guys aren’t seeing major snaps is still a key step though and im hoping weve done that.

2 Because the Pats could catch lightning in a bottle with all 3 phases of the game playing key roles. Like the 2001 team where it all come together. Mac could have a great year combined with a solid run game. The NE defense will stop the run and be stingy in pass game. Special teams puts points up other than FGs and creates turnovers.

3 Stevie hasnt a prayer.
2 - I sure hope you're right but it's highly unlikely
3 - Didn't SB just get a promotion?

I just think Stevenson is the guy. Harris is redundant imo. If they find a taker for him great. I wouldn't count him out as a surprise cut if they can't.

You don’t actually watch the Patriots do you.

I will wait until their off-season is complete before making any real predictions, but the addition of Parker alleviates one big concern, a big bodied WR who can widen the field and help in the red zone. Defensively Mack and Peppers will help in the middle, but they still have to fix their run defense, and overall the play of the young guys on defense, Barmore, Uche, Perkins….. will be the major factor in how they play this season.

I can't imagine BB is really counting on Butler to be a major factor at CB. I think it's an insurance signing. I still think CB is our 1st round pick. We need a true stud there. If not, then DL or OL. WR & LB will be mid-later rounds.

I still think Patriots are 1 or 2 yrs from retaking the AFC East crown...
They are still a bit old and still too many moving parts (not a very stable roster for X yrs)...

I can't imagine BB is really counting on Butler to be a major factor at CB. I think it's an insurance signing. I still think CB is our 1st round pick. We need a true stud there. If not, then DL or OL. WR & LB will be mid-later rounds.
They didn't force the Bills to punt once in two games. That wasn't because they didn't have a top CB. They are going to trade down and out of the first to get more capital to spend on the front 7.

I still think Patriots are 1 or 2 yrs from retaking the AFC East crown...
They are still a bit old and still too many moving parts (not a very stable roster for X yrs)...

This makes sense. That’s when the real pain of Allen’s contract should be kicking in for Buffalo, and resigning key players will become really problematic. We will also be finding out whether or not Tua and Wilson are for real or not. And the same will go for Mac Jones, it’s actually going to be really interesting to see who will come out on top over the next few years. Allen is the clear #1 in the division right now, but we will see how he fares as his options change, e.g.. Diggs leaving in the next year or so. Should be fun to see 4 young QB’s going at it for the division.

Two points.

I don't think stevie belichick is "ascending coaching ranks" at all. No one outside of belichick (and you i guess) think it's anything other than nepotism. My guess.

As for harry, if he's beyond useless, then you cut him.

Two reasons.

First it sets a good tone for the team that players are held accountable. You can't be utterly useless (actually worse than useless, he bats the ball to the other team) and keep your roster spot and 2 million dollar salary.

Second, suppose in pro days or camp, he gets "injured". Now you can't cut without an injury settlement.

How's that for "logistical rationale?". What is the logic for keeping him? Will the comically worst wr in the league suddenly learn how to catch? You think that's likely? One poster here said they'd "even take as low as a 5th for him". This is comical. He's worse than a jag. Him being on the field is a net detriment. Better off with 10 players. You think that will change?
Nepotism can work okay in jobs that don't require much skill, like coaching.
Everything else makes perfect sense though.

This makes sense. That’s when the real pain of Allen’s contract should be kicking in for Buffalo, and resigning key players will become really problematic. We will also be finding out whether or not Tua and Wilson are for real or not. And the same will go for Mac Jones, it’s actually going to be really interesting to see who will come out on top over the next few years. Allen is the clear #1 in the division right now, but we will see how he fares as his options change, e.g.. Diggs leaving in the next year or so. Should be fun to see 4 young QB’s going at it for the division.
Diggs just re-signed to 4 year extension. Bills will dominate division for at least 3 more years.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back