PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions

10-7, wild card loss.

If we're getting Dynasty 3.0 I expect it to hit its stride in like 2023.

Anyway, back to the topic.

1. I originally predicted that the Pats would have 6 wins. I now think that might be low so I'm changing to 7 or 8 wins.
2. Is the same. Neither Bill nor Tom will win another SB.
3. I'm wavering a little on Patricia as Bill's replacement. It would be nice if I was wrong.

New prediction: Pats surprise everyone by trading up a couple of times trying to get a true D and WR talent.

Then fill out the roster with draft potentials (Woods, McCollum, etc) and a couple of solid vets (Flowers, Hicks) or players who didn’t live up to potential (Moses).

Zed and four against the Bills and Dolphins.

The free agent signing by the Phish of Terron Armistead is a big deal. And with the blazing speed they now have at their wideouts, they will go over the top. Judon ain’t getting to Tua being blocked by Armistead.

If we make the Bills punt, that’ll be at least a moral victory.

That’s why I think we trade down from 21 and take a pure pass rusher at the edge position. Like the Penn State kid, Arnold Ebiketie.

Two points.

I don't think stevie belichick is "ascending coaching ranks" at all. No one outside of belichick (and you i guess) think it's anything other than nepotism. My guess.

As for harry, if he's beyond useless, then you cut him.

Two reasons.

First it sets a good tone for the team that players are held accountable. You can't be utterly useless (actually worse than useless, he bats the ball to the other team) and keep your roster spot and 2 million dollar salary.

Second, suppose in pro days or camp, he gets "injured". Now you can't cut without an injury settlement.

How's that for "logistical rationale?". What is the logic for keeping him? Will the comically worst wr in the league suddenly learn how to catch? You think that's likely? One poster here said they'd "even take as low as a 5th for him". This is comical. He's worse than a jag. Him being on the field is a net detriment. Better off with 10 players. You think that will change?
I heard an interesting take the other day, claiming that Matt Patricia is Bill's choice to take over because he would keep Bill's kids as coaches. The theory is that Bill is talking up Patricia to Kraft now.

Last edited:
I heard an interesting take the other day, claiming that Matt Patricia is Bill's choice to take over because he would keep Bill's kids as coaches. The theory is that Bill is talking up Patricia to Kraft now.

Where did you hear that -- why not share a link? Or did you just make it up to fuel your hate campaign vs. BB?

3. I'm wavering a little on Patricia as Bill's replacement. It would be nice if I was wrong.
This Franchise is in deep sh*t if Fat Matt takes over.

Greg Bedard and Nick Cattles speak about BB and Patricia !! circa 29.18 mins into the video

Where did you hear that -- why not share a link? Or did you just make it up to fuel your hate campaign vs. BB?
Says Trollscribe, the poster who bragged about trolling the Brady forum after he whined about the Brady talk on the main forum. You must be proud.

I certainly don't hate Belichick, but we're finding out that without Brady he's Wrecks Ryan without a playoff win.

Sometimes the truth can be a cruel thing.

Greg Bedard and Nick Cattles speak about BB and Patricia !! circa 29.18 mins into the video

Thanks for the link to that but it's not the program that I heard. It was either 93.7 or 98.5 but I'm not sure which. Apparently, there is some feeling that Patricia is Bill's choice for a replacement. The reason is debatable.

Says Trollscribe, the poster who bragged about trolling the Brady forum after he whined about the Brady talk on the main forum. You must be proud.

I certainly don't hate Belichick, but we're finding out that without Brady he's Wrecks Ryan without a playoff win.

Sometimes the truth can be a cruel thing.

You, old geezer, are a confirmed fraud who wouldn't know "truth" if it bit you in the ass wearing dentures.

Last edited:
Because all it takes is a QB and a WR, amirite?

This is silly talk - predicting the NFL two years out is impossible, let alone three.

Wasn't the NFC West the ascending super division? What happened?
Well yes in the passing era in which the qb can not be touched

I highly doubt that rumor about Bill/Bill's kids and Patricia. Sounds more to me like fan hand wringing than anything else.

If there was any truth to that then I think the Patriots would already have a new HC and Bill would be enjoying retirement.

1. Pats again finish top 10 in offense and in defense, with a top 3 run offense.
2. Patriots don't draft a WR before round 5 this year, upsetting most fans
3. Mac takes a step forward, getting a better grasp on the playbook to the point that the team is able to play with tempo more often
4. Jonnu Smith has a bounce back season with 800 all purpose yards
5. Ronnie Perkins becomes a mainstay on the defense for years to come
6. The Patriots will add 3-5 more veteran contributors to this team before the season starts.
I am optimistic about 2022-23, frankly, and agree they finish top ten in offense and defense. Here's why:

1. Pats draft a nose tackle at #21 to disrupt offensive lines with Christian Barmore becoming a premier interior DL in sophomore year
2. Pats receiving corps stabilizes with Davante Parker, Bourne and Agholor outside, Jacobi Meyer in the slot, James White in the backfield, and the TEs coming into their own in second year with Mac Jones
3. Agree with #3 above - MJ was the best rookie QB in 2021 and takes another step with savvy veterans helping to punish blitzing defenses
4. Pats draft two solid OL and Mike Onwenu steps up as starter at G in his 3rd year
5. Patriots draft top LB in 2nd round (several to choose from) with sideline to sideline speed to upgrade the LB corps with veterans Judon, Bentley and Usche
6. Ronnie Perkins or Anfernee Jennings take big step to join Kyle Dugger and Christian Barmore as core of young defensive leaders for years to come
7. Malcolm Butler intercepts pass on goal line thrown by Russell Wilson to preserve victory over Broncos in AFCC and send Patriots to Super Bowl LVII against Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I am optimistic about 2022-23, frankly, and agree they finish top ten in offense and defense. Here's why:

1. Pats draft a nose tackle at #21 to disrupt offensive lines with Christian Barmore becoming a premier interior DL in sophomore year
2. Pats receiving corps stabilizes with Davante Parker, Bourne and Agholor outside, Jacobi Meyer in the slot, James White in the backfield, and the TEs coming into their own in second year with Mac Jones
3. Agree with #3 above - MJ was the best rookie QB in 2021 and takes another step with savvy veterans helping to punish blitzing defenses
4. Pats draft two solid OL and Mike Onwenu steps up as starter at G in his 3rd year
5. Patriots draft top LB in 2nd round (several to choose from) with sideline to sideline speed to upgrade the LB corps with veterans Judon, Bentley and Usche
6. Ronnie Perkins or Anfernee Jennings take big step to join Kyle Dugger and Christian Barmore as core of young defensive leaders for years to come
7. Malcolm Butler intercepts pass on goal line thrown by Russell Wilson to preserve victory over Broncos in AFCC and send Patriots to Super Bowl LVII against Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Some good stuff. Thanks.

1 - I think Barmore is already there.
2 - The return of White is a key.
3 - We should also see stronger passing from MJ.
4 - I hope you're not relying too much on the draft, though it was better last year.
5 - I don't see enough people talking about LB. I think it's a major need.
6 - I wish I had your confidence.
7 - I could live with that.

Some good stuff. Thanks.

1 - I think Barmore is already there.
2 - The return of White is a key.
3 - We should also see stronger passing from MJ.
4 - I hope you're not relying too much on the draft, though it was better last year.
5 - I don't see enough people talking about LB. I think it's a major need.
6 - I wish I had your confidence.
7 - I could live with that.

Well, it's nice to see something POSITIVE from you for a change regarding the New England Patriots. Keep it up.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back