OT Compas

DE Silvestro
DE Nurse
LB Brown
LB Murrell
K Koepplin

Pick up a guard and safety.

Re: 1st 10 Roster Moves:

I don't see either Yeatman of Smith getting cut in the first wave. I think Yeatman has shown enough to stick around, and the team spent a 5th round pick on Smith. Everything I heard about him coming out of Marshall was that he was a great team guy, and leader in the locker room. His position coach said he was one of the hardest workers he had ever coached. Sounds like the makings of a great patriot. It's tough to see the team carrying 4 TE's into the season, but I think they will both get a little longer to earn their spot on the 53.

RB Kettani - is he still on the roster?
RB Medlin
WR Farnham
WR Barnes
TE Mills
OT Woods
OT Compas

DE Silvestro
DE Nurse
LB Brown
LB Murrell
K Koepplin

Pick up a guard and safety.

Why would you cut Farnham and Medlin now?

I don't see Medlin being cut unless Vereen is healthy and ready to go..

Vereen joined practice again end of last week if I recall correctly, so he should be good to go soon.
I think we can afford to cut a RB, rather than other positions (could also be Kettani obviously).

Slater, Tate, Edelman, Price, Moss, Barnes and Farnham... How many do you really need????

The Pats not only signed Moss to upgrade the WR position, but now they're going to cut him already? :eek: Sound the alert, server overload!

I'm shocked this has been out there for four hours and nobody noticed. Maybe it's the storm, or maybe after last night's game nobody's in the mood to visit here today.

edit: here's my guess at the first ten cuts, although some may stay longer so there's enough healthy players at that position for this week's practices and game.

WR Tyree Barnes
TE Carson Butler
WR Darnell Jenkins
RB Eric Kettani
K Chris Koepplin
DL Aaron Lavarias
DE Marques Murrell
DE Clay Nurse
WR Jeremy Ross
DE Alex Silvestro

Last edited:

And your reasoning is??

From what I have seen over the 3 games:
1) He's SLOW.
2) He can't block. Either in line or as the lead blocker in front of the RB.
3) Did I mention he's SLOW?

When you are a TE and you are the lead blocker, you look very stupid standing there as the RB who tried to go by you gets tackled by the guy whom you were supposed to have tied up...

The only thing that Yeatman has going for him is that he's tall and can catch the ball decently. Certainly have not been impressed with him during the games.

Don't let Off the Grid hear this; he might have a heart attack.

Yeatman wouldn't have gotten this much playing time if he couldn't block.

As far as the 10 roster moves, I'd expect some IR and reserve PUP moves by Tuesday, maybe as much as 6 or 7. Possibly even a trade or two. Exhibition #4 is Thursday, I'm sure Belichick will want the extra bodies for that game

PUP
Brace
Deaderick
Faulk

NFI
Cannon

IR

Williams
Kettani
Tarpinion

Cuts

Butler
Nurse
Koepplin

Your list is close to what I have, too.

PUP - Faulk, Deaderick, Brace

NFI - Cannon

Waived/Injured - Williams, Tarpinian

Waived - C.Butler, Barnes, Jenkins, Nurse

Your list is close to what I have, too.

PUP - Faulk, Deaderick, Brace

NFI - Cannon

Waived/Injured - Williams, Tarpinian

Waived - C.Butler, Barnes, Jenkins, Nurse

Good thinking by both you and Armchair Quarterback, I hadn't thought about reducing the roster size to 80 by putting guys on PUP or NFI at the first roster cut date rather than doing that during final cuts.

PUP list doesn't count against the 90 man roster so you still need to get rid of 10. I think BB will be cutting a veteran to give them more time to find a new team any idea who? Tate maybe?

Faulk, Cannon, Brace & Deaderick all count on the 90-man limit.
Are you saying then that if they are transferred from the Active/PUP & NFI lists
to the Reserve/PUP & NFI lists, they will no longer count?
If that's true, then 4 more moves will indeed have to be made.

Good thinking by both you and Armchair Quarterback, I hadn't thought about reducing the roster size to 80 by putting guys on PUP or NFI at the first roster cut date rather than doing that during final cuts.

Now that I think about it, I'm not 100% certain they can put players on Reserve PUP/NFI on Tuesday's cut down to 80 but if not Tuesday than Saturday when they cut down to 53.

Last edited:

Faulk, Cannon, Brace & Deaderick all count on the 90-man limit.
Are you saying then that if they are transferred from the Active/PUP & NFI lists
to the Reserve/PUP & NFI lists, they will no longer count?
If that's true, then 4 more moves will indeed have to be made.

They count against the 90 while on active/PUP.
If they are moved to reserve/PUP they would not count against the active roster. The roster would then be at 86 so additional moves wouldn't have to be made. Right?

The thing I'm unsure of is whether they can they put players on the reserve/PUP now or do they have to wait until Saturday's cut down to 53.

Don't let Off the Grid hear this; he might have a heart attack.

Hardly.

Somebody spun an inexplicably asinine Post.

That doesn't exactly shock me.

The only startling aspect is that it came from Brother Broonz.

But, then: We all have our off days, most decidedly including me.

Ok, with the Rosters having to be trimmed to 80 men on Tuesday, what are your 10+ roster moves?

Mine:

Cut:
Will Yeatman
Garrett Mills
Kade Weston
Ricky Brown
Chris Koepplin
Marques Murrell
Darnell Jenkins
Clay Nurse
Corey Woods
Alex Silvestro
Thomas Austin (if they decide to sign a Guard)

It would surprise me a bit to see them go into preseason week #4 with only 3 TEs, since I don't expect Hernandez and Gronk to play a ton. I actually think there will be 4 TEs on the final 53, but other than that I think the rest of your picks are reasonable.

I think James Sanders could be cut

So far, I have Jenkins, Barnes & Kettani.

And although I've never been a fan of his (esp. at his salary), I must say that I am very, very surprised that Sanders was released. He knew Bill's defense better than any other Safety; he could've played w/ Chung on running downs and w/ Stomper on passing downs. The Safety position just got a whole lot shakier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe