PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score Contest, Week 14 HOU @ NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
New England 24
Houston 23

Parcells once said that weather is a great equalizer. The rain/wind will keep the score lower than it otherwise would be. Those of you who are older and/or have heart issues, please take extra vitamins/minerals and drink plenty of water....it's going to be one of those games.

Patriots 34
Texans 27

Patriots 28
Texans 24

Oops almost didn't predict. Although I might do better if I don't.

Pats: 32
Texans: 20

Pats 34 Texans 23

Patriots 38
Texans 27

Texans 30
Patriots 27

One of the few times in my life I really, really desperately want to be wrong. Go Pats!

Give me a 5 TD, 0 int day Tom and win the MVP tonight:)

2012-06-06053222.jpg
Texans 30
Patriots 27

Not that I think this will be the score. But just out of curiosity, why do most of you think we won't score 30 points?

I know our defense is struggling. I can see you guys thinking you'll score 35+

But our offense is pretty much intact. We average 29 ppg. Why do most of you have us at 20 or 23?

Last edited:
Not that I think this will be the score. But just out of curiosity, why do most of you think we won't score 30 points?

But our offense is pretty much intact. We average 29 ppg. Why do most of you have us at 20 or 23?

Because we don't average 29ppg against top 10 defenses, which is what Houston is. We actually average 23.5. I'm being generous with 27.

2012-06-06053222.jpg

What I really wanna know if that Marshall goes to 11!!!:p
In answer to your question regarding points.....With the comments from Houston about this being "The Biggest game in franchise history" that in itself puts added pressure on the whole team. The weather could also pose a problem for the Texans. The Pats have purposely practiced in this inclement weather all week and hopefully will have a handle for the potential downpours that might occur during the course of the game. Yes, both teams need to play in it, however the Pats have had the opportunity to practice all week in it!
What this all might boil down to is that both Defenses falter and it becomes and old fashioned shootout in which I would give the advantage to Tom Brady. We saw Tom Brady put up big time points in the middle of the worst blizzard in decades in Chicago a few years back....so we all know what he can do....

Last edited:
Pats 38
Houston 24

Pats 27
Texans 26

2012-06-06053222.jpg

A couple of reasons, first while the pats defense gives up a ton of yards they do not give up a ton of points forcing timely turnovers and bend but don't break defense. Second it is the perceived strength on strength nature of the matchup. Foster is an elite back and,rightly so, the focus of the texans attack. While the patriots pass defense is suspect, though improving lately, the run defense has been solid. The patriots have three huge linebackers who love to hit so while I believe Foster will get his yards and be effective I do not see him taking over the game. Third the game is in Foxboro and a prime time night game against a quality playoff caliber opponent will have the crowd pumped.

In my own prediction I have the texans scoring 27 because I respect the balance of the texans offense, however I am counting on a fumble or two to keep the score low. Usually in playoff football turnovers and winning that battle matters more then any other stat and this year the pats have been very very very good at protecting the ball while taking it away. If the texans try to play NE ball they will lose IMO. What I mean by that is an uptempo high possession game. If they are able to shorten the game making it a 6 to 8 possession each kind of game I think the texans will win. Should be a great game and I am very excited for tonight. Good luck to your team and hopefully NO more injuries

Because we don't average 29ppg against top 10 defenses, which is what Houston is. We actually average 23.5. I'm being generous with 27.

That's another issue, but being this is a Pats board, I figured there was a little homerism in the Pats predicted score.

What I really wanna know if that Marshall goes to 11!!!:p

Well, not that one. That's a Vintage Modern so it goes to 10 (x2) :rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday