PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score CONTEST, Week 1 KC @ NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats 38
Chiefs 24

24-10, Pats win.

Pats score all of their points in the first half, the Chiefs score all of their points in the second.

Pats 27
Chiefs 24

Think the defense doesn't look as staunch as we're hoping yet but no worries longterm.

34-20 Patriots

Pats 34
KC 13

Patriots win 34-27!

Patriots 35
Chiefs 21

Pats 30
Chiefs 16

Football's back when Alamo opens this thread again. Finally get to see all the new moving parts together and if they are the flawless machine we think they can be. I think Bill treats the month of September as an extended preseason where he tinkers with players, formations, and play calls to find out exactly what he has going forward. Due to that I don't think either side of the ball will look the way it should and a slow start is to be expected. Course now that I said that Brady plays with all his new toys and hangs 40.

Pats 27
Chiefs 20

Playing a game within the game. My son gets to pick the score. If his score ranks in the bottom half I get to pick the next score until my prediction ranks in the bottom half. He's picking first.

Patriots 27
Chiefs 9

I have a feeling I'm picking the score next week. :D

Playing a game within the game. My son gets to pick the score. If his score ranks in the bottom half I get to pick the next score until my prediction ranks in the bottom half. He's picking first.

Patriots 27
Chiefs 9

I have a feeling I'm picking the score next week. :D

you'll have to wait. your son knows.

Pats will have more trouble particularly early on than people think.

Not having Edelman will make it hard to figure out 3rd down for a while but I think they will adapt in the 2nd half. Also I question how ready the OL is to go against their DL. It will be Solder's first action in a while and I wonder about if the young interior guys might be caught napping a bit early. Cannon will be solid and ready. A few sacks can end drives.

The Pats will plan to run the ball a lot until KC proves they can stop it and they will not prove that often. This game will go by pretty fast and the ball win be taken out of Brady's hands a bit which kind of mitigates part of the Pat's advantage but in the end it will work out for the better in this game though it will keep the score tighter.

The Pats offense will eventually figure it out late in the game. Lot's of play action to catch KC napping. It won't work every time but it doesn't need to with Cooks and Gronk. The Pats offense will live off short passes to RBs and air it out long on occasion to Hogan, Cooks and Gronk and will get some good results there. I expect them to double their first half points once they get it figured out.

On defense The Pats will have a bit of a hard day. They will stop the run after the first half pretty much stone cold but they will have issues with Hill and Kelce. Butler is the guy who needs to be on Hill and he will not suddenly get out of his slump. Maybe he is a little banged up? Kelce will just be hard to stop period but the Pats will adjust and eventually shut them down too but not before a little damage is done. Also the fact they don't get to Smith much will hurt some. Eventually though it comes down to just leaning on KC till they fall over from the weight.

The defense in the 2nd half will shut down their O pretty much and the Pats get enough big plays from play action to see a fair amount of points.

Brady has a solid day but not amazing. Misses Edelman and his completion % shows it but he avoids the negative play and strip sacks KC needs to win. This is not the game where Cooks breaks out. I think though they give him some shots. It will happen soon but Brady without Edelman goes to guys he knows to build comfort the first game. Wait till game 2... vs an easier D and the Saints he has a HUGE game and starts to really bond with Brady.

Predictions

Score: Patriots 30 KC 17 (End of the first half will be Pats 10 KC 10).

Brady 20/33 260 yards 2 TDs 0 Ints

Gillislee 25 rushes 130 yards 1 TD (breakout player of the game... takes adv of aggressive pass rush)
Lewis 10 rushes 45 yards

White 5 catches 50 yards
Hogan 3 catches 60 yards
Gronk 4 catches 70 yards 1 TD
Burkhead 4 catches 30 yards 1 TD
Cooks 2 catches 35 yards

A few other rushes and catches but I am not going to list everything.

Patriots 30
Chiefs 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST