Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games will the Pats win this year?

• Less than 6

Votes: 6 4.0%

Votes: 9 6.0%

Votes: 22 14.8%

Votes: 27 18.1%

Votes: 28 18.8%

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • More than 10

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Less than 7 wins guarantees a last place schedule in 2024, with AFC South and NFC West opponents. In other words a much easier schedule than they have this year. Also might guarantee us a top 10 draft pick. We'll likely have lots of cap room to use to improve the team. 2024 could be our window opening if Mac shows something this year.
Guaranteeing 8+ wins for the jete or dolphins is an interesting approach.

How absurd is it that we're going into another season with complete question marks at WR !?
The only reasonable option for a reliable season at WR is Bourne. (who many wanted to trade away)

Parker is already hurt, may not be ready to play. (handful of reps in preseason - no stats)
JSS has major doubts about durability. (handful of reps in preseason - 1rec/1yd)
2 Rookies that we hope work out, but no evidence. (very limited reps in preseason - 6rec/73yds combined)
TT on IR, apparently for the rest of his brief career.
A major flyer in Reagor on the PS. (8 rec. last season)

It's truly inexcusable from a team building/personnel standpoint.

The fact is we are thin
Apropos of nothing because no team has starter-level depth at every position or also take position risk at others via the active roster and practice squad. The Patriots need more LT/RTs! The Patriots need more RBs! The Patriots need more WRs! The Patriots need more pass rushers! The Patriots need a fatty to stop the run! The Patriots need more outside CBs! The Patriots need to keep (my) draft binky!

Pretty soon you're talking a pretty full roster.

How absurd is it that we're going into another season with complete question marks at WR !?
The only reasonable option for a reliable season at WR is Bourne. (who many wanted to trade away)

Parker is already hurt, may not be ready to play. (handful of reps in preseason - no stats)
JSS has major doubts about durability. (handful of reps in preseason - 1rec/1yd)
2 Rookies that we hope work out, but no evidence. (very limited reps in preseason - 6rec/73yds combined)

One of Bill’s worst off seasons.

To wrap this up, looks like a pretty good mix of takes here, leaning optimistic, as any self-respecting fan board should. 57% see a winning record, 43% losing. Not too many see a disaster. A bit more than I would have guessed are going for more than 10. I'm sort of in a weird place because even if they finish with 7-8 wins, depending on how things look at the end of the year I think that might be cause for optimism.

But for today, I say let's upset the Eagles en route to a Super Bowl this year and the start of the next Pats dynasty :)

Pats are better off at WR than they were last year imo. Juju might not have done much in the pre-season games but he lead the team in catches in practice, I think that is more indicative of his upcoming production than pre-season stats. I’m also skeptical of the Breer injury report since the Pats obviously had Juju take a physical. Parker was always going to miss games, he does every year I still expect him to have a better season this year than last year. Bourne is obviously going to have a better year this year. I also expect more production from our rookies this year than last year.

I’m significantly more concerned about the offensive tackle position than the receiver position.

Wow, I didn't know how right I was. This post has aged perfectly.
Bourne has been the only NFL worthy WR. Atrocious negligence by BB.

Based on the roster and now the Schuster situation, they are about an 6-8 win team at best.

The division itself has not been this brutal since 1998-1999.
That’s what’s bad about the O-line. Why would you think the same line returning is a good thing - especially at T?
Given the roster, division and schedule, 4 wins wouldn’t shock me.
Until they prove otherwise, they can't beat teams .500 and above.

The roster shouldn't give you much confidence as they are pretty much the same team.
One of Bill’s worst off seasons.
Lol.

Saved By The Bell Shrug GIF by PeacockTV

Last edited:
This is painfull. I'm not even over these past 2 months. It's like tell me how long will it take to die... 3 wins

I voted 10 wins. I thinks it’s now 3-4.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back