Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games will the Pats win this year?

• Less than 6

Votes: 6 4.0%

Votes: 9 6.0%

Votes: 22 14.8%

Votes: 27 18.1%

Votes: 28 18.8%

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • More than 10

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quite a quandary.....
I'm waffling between 10 wins and 7

On one hand Bill fortified the D via the draft which should help shine up Stevie's resume.
On the other hand Bill ignored the O via the draft, bought a messed up JuJu (says Breer), and assembled O line depth from the Island of Misfit/Castoff O linemen.
Then there's the special teams paradox: Use sizeable draft assets to replace legmen, yet still retain the ST coach in charge of the recent clusterphukks.
Can Zappe be counted on to get the team two W's if Mac shrieks out again?
Will BOB's screen pass propensity fool anyone?
Can Rham last a full season?
Can Zeke crack 3 yds/carry behind this O line if asked to replace Rham?

1693323690929.gif

It's provocative.

Gets the people going.
I think there have been rumors about this for some time, so it's not a recent "hot take." While I understand the appeal of veteran players, older is older, and eventually time will have its way. (I have the CT scans to prove this in my own woeful case, lol.) I suspect JJSS will not make it through the whole season, but then after all the younger players are supposed to pass such oldsters by, assuming you have chosen them wisely. (That last clause offers a little cause for concern, eh, given the team's recent history?)

Around 7-8 wins. You never know, they could surprise us. But they've been predictable the last few years:

Beat the bad teams
Beat good teams if they are injured
Lose to good teams

And split the mediocre teams.

Just don't think there's enough bad teams/bad quarterbacks on the schedule. In the last 3 seasons (see what I did there? didn't mention the former qb) they've beaten ONE good quarterback (not sure I'm going to classify the 2021 win over SD as such bc Herbert was in his second year) and that ONE victory was in a hurricane. The list of 2023 opposing quarterbacks - Hurts, Tagavailoa 2x, Rodgers 2x, Prsecott, Jimmy G, Carr, Allen 2x, Daniel Jones, Herbert, Pickett, Mahomes, Russell Wilson...only Sam Howell and whoever starts for Indianapolis would qualify as Belichick win quality over the last 3 years....there are no Sam Darnolds, Sam Ehlingers, Sam Sneads, Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, or Sam Cassells on the quarterback schedule this season.
Bill the Coach can devise a scheme to hold Carr, Pickett, Wilson, Rodgers (once), Jones, and Jimmy G to around 17-24 points, so maybe the Pats offense, special teams, and defense can coddle together 3 touchdowns and a couple fg in those games.... and Indianapolis and Washington should suck...so I'll say 6-7 wins

I think 10 wins. I see two of the other 3 AFCE teams having s very disappointing season, probably the Jets and Phins, and we take 3 out of those 4 games. I think we have 7 wins somewhere in the rest of that schedule.

I don't get the optimism. They have an above average D (I sure hope so) and a below average O (I sure hope not) and that makes them about average. I chose 8 over 9 because of the tough schedule.

I think 8/9 wins. Schedule is brutal. Could be closer to 5 wins if the Oline is as bad as it has shown in the preseason.

I think 10 wins. I see two of the other 3 AFCE teams having s very disappointing season, probably the Jets and Phins, and we take 3 out of those 4 games. I think we have 7 wins somewhere in the rest of that schedule.
I don't think that either Tua or Rodgers will make it through the season. That could help.

I'm not going to go game by game but I'm looking at the schedule and I think eight wins max

Just too many question marks with the offensive line and the quarterback. The schedule is tough and the Patriots are arguably the weakest team in the AFC East.

Last edited:
If they can make the OL average they can get to 9 wins. If the OL looks like it did for major stretches last year Clevland 95 will be a bright spot on Bill's resume.

U
I think there have been rumors about this for some time, so it's not a recent "hot take." While I understand the appeal of veteran players, older is older, and eventually time will have its way. (I have the CT scans to prove this in my own woeful case, lol.) I suspect JJSS will not make it through the whole season, but then after all the younger players are supposed to pass such oldsters by, assuming you have chosen them wisely. (That last clause offers a little cause for concern, eh, given the team's recent history?)
Ummmm he’s 26 years old

If they can make the OL average they can get to 9 wins. If the OL looks like it did for major stretches last year Clevland 95 will be a bright spot on Bill's resume.
Why would the team be worse this year if the ol is the same as last year?

Over 55% of respondents see 9 wins or more. We all know the expression "Hope springs eternal" from Pope's "Essay on Man." (I taught it for years: the students hated it but rank hath its privileges.) The full couplet is:

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest.

The second line may be more relevant than the first. Paraphrase: "Wait 'til next year."

Are you calling me an ignorant slut?
If I was calling you that I would have said that.

What I said was you moaned about him being old, he is not. When you found that out you threw out a ******** line. If it wasnt ********, then why don’t you detail why you think his knees are 52 years old.

I can't believe I'm begging for 8 wins with no hope for the playoffs this season.... I guess I'm spoiled..

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back