Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Rookie QB Will the Pats Take in the 2018 Draft?

• Baker Mayfield

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Chase Litton

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Josh Allen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Josh Rosen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kurt Benkert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Lauletta

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Luke Falk

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Mason Rudolph

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Sam Darnold

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Mason Rudolph play live this past year and had a weird feeling he ends up in a Pats uniform.

That is my pick.
I like Kyle Lauletta in the late 2nd round, but like you, I have a weird feeling that Rudolph is their guy, possibly at pick 23. I wouldn’t be surprised if they take his receiver James Washington in the draft as well.

For some reason, there is something about Rudolph that I don’t like. Every time I saw him play I wasn’t impressed. Something off with him, don’t know what it is.

Last edited:
3rd = Lauletta, 6th= Ferguson?
I like Ferguson as well. I have a feeling B.B. works the draft board and we wind up with some picks between rounds 3 and 6. Maybe White and Ferguson fall into rounds 4 & 5. Though I think QBs will go higher than expected. There will be a rush on QBs in rounds 2 & 3 after the initial 1st round rush. I bet 7-8 QBs will be picked by the end of round 3.

My binky at QB ...

RJ (Rudolf Johann) Bergsdorf-Other, 6073/285, Northwest Alaska State Technical Institute (NASTI).

Best known for being able to throw an accurate pass at speeds approaching 80 mph, and for using that skill to occasionally remove annoying DBs from games by hitting them upside the helmet with his fastball from 10 yards away. Also noted for being so inspired by James Harrison's workout tweets that he once stood still in the pocket and stiff-armed a would-be pass-rusher with one hand while casually flicking a 70-yard TD pass with the other.

Downside: He has no footwork of any kind, and the last coach who attempted to "fix" Bergsdorf-Other's throwing mechanics vanished mysteriously on a hiking trip in the Denali.

- Mal Kipper

There's this, and him warming up on the wrong side of the field, and the pre-rose bowl crap. No way. I want no part of him. None. Zero. I'll be thrilled when the Jests get him.

Even Micheal Irvin calls him out.

All set.
How big of a crack rock do you think Irvin smoked prior to coming to that conclusion?

Last edited:
Depends on how other teams feel about his attitude. I don't think they'll move up to the top five to get him but, if they like him enough, and he's available right before the LOLphins pick, I could see them trading up. It all depends. The kid's footwork inside the pocket is impeccable (the reason why he rarely gets balls batted down in spite of his size), he always keeps his eyes downfield, and is the only QB I've seen in this draft that consistently used his eyes to move safeties. Those are all traits that translate at the next level. The only really negative thing I can say about him is that sometimes he tries too hard to keep the play alive when he should just take the sack or throw the ball out of bounds and live for the next play. But that's a habit that can be coached out of him.

Nice Scouting report seems very Jimmy G esque:cool: love his delivery points or variations in throwing.

Depends on how other teams feel about his attitude. I don't think they'll move up to the top five to get him but, if they like him enough, and he's available right before the LOLphins pick, I could see them trading up. It all depends. The kid's footwork inside the pocket is impeccable (the reason why he rarely gets balls batted down in spite of his size), he always keeps his eyes downfield, and is the only QB I've seen in this draft that consistently used his eyes to move safeties. Those are all traits that translate at the next level. The only really negative thing I can say about him is that sometimes he tries too hard to keep the play alive when he should just take the sack or throw the ball out of bounds and live for the next play. But that's a habit that can be coached out of him.

Kontra am I the only one who likes that Oklahoma TE Andrews I believe??

Logan Woodside

I refuse to believe Belichick is going to chase QBs in this draft class, when he doesn't see the value.

He is salivating at the thought of higher rated players dropping because of the rush for QBs.

The only QB that might provide value (i.e. I can easily see a team like the Patriots rating a guy near the top of the board because of his skillset) is Lamar Jackson, but I highly doubt it. All the others come at a price that far exceeds their value.

Some team might fall in love with jackson and think they are getting a bargain. I don't think the Patriots will be one of those teams. But a top guy might drop to the Patriots if all those QBS (5 or 6) get taken before 23.

Logan Woodside

I refuse to believe Belichick is going to chase QBs in this draft class, when he doesn't see the value.

He is salivating at the thought of higher rated players dropping because of the rush for QBs.

The only QB that might provide value (i.e. I can easily see a team like the Patriots rating a guy near the top of the board because of his skillset) is Lamar Jackson, but I highly doubt it. All the others come at a price that far exceeds their value.

Some team might fall in love with jackson and think they are getting a bargain. I don't think the Patriots will be one of those teams. But a top guy might drop to the Patriots if all those QBS (5 or 6) get taken before 23.

I love Woodside too as a developmental QB. He has to work on that wind-up, but he has a lot of other attributes that remind me of a young Brees.

Logan Wooside. Very smart guy. Sees the field and makes quick decisions.. A guy the Pats would draft and make a reciver

QB Lamar Jackson would be a tough pass if he is lingering in the teens a lot to work with. He would be absolutely impossible to stop in the RPO.

I like Ferguson as well. I have a feeling B.B. works the draft board and we wind up with some picks between rounds 3 and 6. Maybe White and Ferguson fall into rounds 4 & 5. Though I think QBs will go higher than expected. There will be a rush on QBs in rounds 2 & 3 after the initial 1st round rush. I bet 7-8 QBs will be picked by the end of round 3.

We are pretty much on the same page. I definitely expect Belichick to be working the board. I do fear the talk around Lauletta will move him up but there's always the chance that after the initial stampede runs on other positions may drive some QB's down and there might end up being 3 separate runs on them.

None, BB will trade for Blaine Gabbert and McDaniels will develop him to take over.

Logan Wooside. Very smart guy. Sees the field and makes quick decisions.. A guy the Pats would draft and make a reciver

By quick decisions, you mean he always targets his first read. I don't mind him but not until the later rounds.

Honestly, none of the top 4 guys are realistic targets. If they don't get Jackson or Rudolph, I think they should call Manziel after day 1 and sign him. Everyone after that is full of holes. I love Lamar Jackson but I think he's gone by 15, and I suspect Rudolph will be gone by the Patriots' first pick too.

By quick decisions, you mean he always targets his first read. I don't mind him but not until the later rounds.

Honestly, none of the top 4 guys are realistic targets. If they don't get Jackson or Rudolph, I think they should call Manziel after day 1 and sign him. Everyone after that is full of holes. I love Lamar Jackson but I think he's gone by 15, and I suspect Rudolph will be gone by the Patriots' first pick too.
Yeah that stuck out to me when watching Woodside as well. If his initial read was open, that’s where he was going. It not, he ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back