PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
After super bowl 36, Four hours after the game ended, Brady visited Belichick's hotel room where, as per team rules, he had to get his coach's permission to miss the team flight and instead travel to Disney World in Orlando. Belichick gave him a perplexed look, and after a few seconds of dead silence, responded, "Of course you can go. How many times do you win the Super Bowl?"

It's funny because everyone seems to be giving credit to BB for those schemes. There is no or hardly any mention of Flores anywhere that I've seen.

During the whole telecast, Romo kept saying it was BB's scheme etc but on the other side always talked about McD's great scheme and playcalling. It may be because Flores is only a de facto DC or may be because he is in his first year as a signal caller. But I thought he would have been recognized since he is going to be the Dolphins HC.

If you've watch this team for a long time, you certainly see the difference in scheme between Patricia's and Flores. Flores' creative front has opened lanes for our pass rushers much more consistently than what Patricia or Pees schemed up.

And the timing of his playcalling has been terrific.

During the whole telecast, Romo kept saying it was BB's scheme etc but on the other side always talked about McD's great scheme and playcalling. It may be because Flores is only a de facto DC or may be because he is in his first year as a signal caller. But I thought he would have been recognized since he is going to be the Dolphins HC.

If you've watch this team for a long time, you certainly see the difference in scheme between Patricia's and Flores. Flores' creative front has opened lanes for our pass rushers much more consistently than what Patricia or Pees schemed up.

And the timing of his playcalling has been terrific.
I agree but are these BB's or Flores' schemes? Maybe a joint project. We'll never know.

You may have missed the point of my 'question'.
No i got you, just expanding more on the original post i made- that reid continues to complain without acknowledging the breaks they got from the refs like you said.

No i got you, just expanding more on the original post i made- that reid continues to complain without acknowledging the breaks they got from the refs like you said.

Got it. Thanks for the follow up.

Anyone else have an issue getting to there seats on time last night. Took us around an hour to get through the security line last night. Missed the biggest pregame of my life. I have never seen it take that long to get people into the stadium. Anyone else have any issues?
Misc Security line getting into the stadium - ChiefsPlanet

Sounds pretty bad reading the comments in that thread. What's it like in Gillette?

It's funny because everyone seems to be giving credit to BB for those schemes. There is no or hardly any mention of Flores anywhere that I've seen.

It because according to Curran & co BB has been hands on with defense much, much more than in the past. Flores might be making the calls but it is mostly BBs defense.

McDaniels runs the offense by now including the gameplanning.

There is a vast difference between the autonomy of a first year coordinator and someone in his 10th+ year.

This is BBs defense and his schemes. Calling this Flores’ creative fronts is funny.

The only thing I am worried about from the Rams are fake punts to change the momentum of the game. Johnny Hekker, their punter, has converted 4th and short a number of times already. Thankfully, the Rams had to pull one out in the NFCCG, so Bill should have our boys ready.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PP2
I agree but are these BB's or Flores' schemes? Maybe a joint project. We'll never know.

I think it's pretty much BB drawing a rough sketch with broad strokes, devising a philosophy for each week along with a list of priorities (contain QB/stop run game/ shut down such and such player) and then it's up to Flores to put together the nuts and bolts aspect of the defense gameplan for the week and install it. BB would probably tweak things here and there because he's naturally very hands on when it comes to defense.

This is BBs defense and his schemes. Calling this Flores’ creative fronts is funny.

While BB is probably very hands on, as far as the defense, he still has to remain the HC and oversee all three aspects of the game. This defense definitely does have Flores's fingerprints all over it. More than a handful of players have said as such.

While BB is probably very hands on, as far as the defense, he still has to remain the HC and oversee all three aspects of the game. This defense definitely does have Flores's fingerprints all over it. More than a handful of players have said as such.

Don't think we will miss him very much except maybe for his personal connections and motivational skills. This is more about the available players than the "coordinator". Playcaller might be closer to what he is than coordinator.

But whatever people can find to latch onto to feel bad despite a SB I guess.

What about that Wade Phillips defense? On first things first, cris carter sat down with coaching staff from the 2015 broncos team. Phillips said in the afc championship game he threw everything he had at brady. They never ran the same coverage twice like they would go man one play then go zone and then blitz but it was never the same back to back. Brady hasn’t done well against Wade Phillips.

Brady hasn’t done well against Wade Phillips.

This is not correct. It is true Brady struggled against Phillips’ 2015 Broncos defense, but that was a historical one. He’s had success against Phillips a number of other times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents