PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- We are on to the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the status of Isaiah Wynn? If both he & Mason are still ruled out but Herron is active, then my starting 5 would be:

Herron - Karras - Andrews - Onwenu - Cachoo
Captain, Wynn is out because of Covid....

I agree with your lineup, Herron has been much better at LT than RT and Cajuste was good last week at RT, better than both Herron and Durant.

Captain, Wynn is out because of Covid....

I agree with your lineup, Herron has been much better at LT than RT and Cajuste was good last week at RT, better than both Herron and Durant.

Karras is more flexible and experienced on the line, so I think the Pats put him at right guard and leave Onwenu at left guard. But Onwenu played right guard at Michigan, so you might be right.

This might have been true not long ago, but Dak is more than capable and has plenty of weapons up his sleeve on the pass.
He's good, but I dont see the clutch time factor on him yet, but i haven't seem many Cowboys games, so who know

He's good, but I dont see the clutch time factor on him yet, but i haven't seem many Cowboys games, so who know

Dak has looked like a different QB this year. Much improved. Close to a top five QB imo.

What confuses me is the point spread. 3.5?

Dak has looked like a different QB this year. Much improved. Close to a top five QB imo.

Elliot, Diggs, Tyson Smith have been in the injury report all week along. If Zek doesnt play is a huge factor. Vegas might know something, right?

Agreed. Don't understand the point spread. Don't understand how Wynn can still be out. Fecking running backs can't fumble tomorrow.

Elliot, Diggs, Tyson Smith have been in the injury report all week along. If Zek doesnt play is a huge factor. Vegas might know something, right?
The more important thing is Diggs' ankle injury. Lots of Bourne and Agholor on Diggs with the TEs down the seams this week.
The Patriots playbook is expanding as Mac Jones develops, so I expect more downfield passes against a poor secondary. The offensive line needs to have a better day once again.

Last edited:

The game is at Foxboro. Belichick. The game against the Bucs is fresh in everyone's minds.

The spread would be around 6.5 if the game was in Dallas.

The spread is all about Vegas trying to keep the betting relatively even, not to have too much exposure either way. For what it's worth, most of the public money is on the Cowboys (typical of favorites). Most of the Vegas "sharp" betters are on the Pats +3.5 or 4.0 in some spots.

Dallas when healthy has one of the best offenses in football. Dak's passing has improved tremendously, they have two terrific WR's, two terrific RB's, good TE's, very good OL. They may be nicked up at RB and OL. They're probably gonna score 27-30 points, assuming no TO's for either team.

Their D is less dominant but pretty good. Our offense is also nicked up, so we need our OL and RB's to play. If that happens, I think we're ready to break out and score 24 to 27. I think we'll see a close high scoring game where both teams score around 27.

He better not be a ****y and play, he’s a damn football player.

It’s not about being a “p*ssy”, it’s about the league regulations. Wynn is required to sit if he tested positive.

It’s not about being a “p*ssy”, it’s about the league regulations. Wynn is required to sit if he tested positive.
True but only for 10 days. I thought the 10th day was yesterday (10-5 to 10-15) but obviously not.

The Pats' defense has yet to force a single fumble this season (they've recovered one but it was on a last-play, fumble/pitch against Houston if I remember correctly). I'll go out on a limb and say they force two today and recover both of them. If the offense can avoid turnovers I like the Pats to win somewhat handily - Dallas is a very good team but I have a good feeling about this game.

Pats: 34
Cowboys: 17

The Pats' defense has yet to force a single fumble this season (they've recovered one but it was on a last-play, fumble/pitch against Houston if I remember correctly). I'll go out on a limb and say they force two today and recover both of them. If the offense can avoid turnovers I like the Pats to win somewhat handily - Dallas is a very good team but I have a good feeling about this game.

Pats: 34
Cowboys: 17
Pats will not win if they are playing from behind, that’s for sure. They won’t get off the field. I have Dallas 31-17. I want to pick NE but so far this season, Dallas has been much better.

I thinking this could be the breakout game for Mac Jones. Dan Quinn's cover-3 scheme does not match up well with the Patriots' offense. We have seen Brady destroy his defenses in Super Bowls including the Legion of Boom in Super Bowl LI. He rarely if ever breaks from it. Even against Brady and the Bucs in week 1, he stuck with it even though Brady was carving up the defense.

Obviously, Jones isn't likely to have the success Brady typically has against Quinn's defenses, but I could see the potential for a 300 plus yard and two or three TD game.

I thinking this could be the breakout game for Mac Jones. Dan Quinn's cover-3 scheme does not match up well with the Patriots' offense. We have seen Brady destroy his defenses in Super Bowls including the Legion of Boom in Super Bowl LI. He rarely if ever breaks from it. Even against Brady and the Bucs in week 1, he stuck with it even though Brady was carving up the defense.

Obviously, Jones isn't likely to have the success Brady typically has against Quinn's defenses, but I could see the potential for a 300 plus yard and two or three TD game.
Belichick and McDaniels own Dan Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye