PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So generous of you, giving the Pats a “slight hope” against a 5-8 team. :rolleyes: I’m not feeling very confident myself by it’s absurd to think that a Raiders win is almost a sure thing.

If this Raiders team was coached by Robert Saleh or Dan Campbell, i'd agree but this is a Raiders team filled with former Pats assistants and I've seen how that one goes too many times to ignore it.

Remember when Belichick and Brady lost to a 3-13 Matt Patricia Lions team?

It maybe surprising but our running game right now isnt all that effective. Rhamondre's hard runs mask it but we arent dominant running team in every game to threaten play action

Part of the problem is Patricia gives up on the run far too quickly. The Pats rushed 13 times vs the Vikes and 11 times vs the Bills. Kinda hard to run the ball when you don’t try to run.

From the Athletic this week:

"Trent Brown, who lost 12 pounds in the last two weeks while playing with the flu, on what it was like to play while that sick: "I feel like I only gave (myself the) option to be up and ready to play. And I also know that that particular week (in Week 13 against the Bills), we didn't have anybody else. We would have had a backup center playing left tackle, so I just had to try to gut through it for the team, and that's just that.""
I like to see this. I know it stinks for player health, but it shows a real commitment to the team. And even a weak/foggy Brown isn't any worse than Wynn has been. I hope he's back to top form today. And, while many pile on McDermott, he did pretty well against Watt, so I'd like to see what he has another week. Even if Cajuste rotates - he's been out a while. And if he's rusty against Crosby that's worse.

Part of the problem is Patricia gives up on the run far too quickly. The Pats rushed 13 times vs the Vikes and 11 times vs the Bills. Kinda hard to run the ball when you don’t try to run.

All of the quick throws wide to WRs are running plays. People like to say they are screens, but they are running plays not screens.

I'm sure JMD timed the return of Waller and Renfrow purposely. Don't assume they'll "ease in" with limited reps. JMD wants to win this bad, just like he did in Denver in 09 - that fist-pumping celebration at the end still rubs me wrong.
Don't know why he called up Collins - he's so over the hill.
They should have brought up Nixon or Bowden - with Parker out and Meyers ? - another weapon that Mac has good chemistry with would be nice.

All of the quick throws wide to WRs are running plays. People like to say they are screens, but they are running plays not screens.
running plays that gain maybe 1 yard - like our running plays on 1st down. Because it's all so predictable and stale.
Watching the Fins & Bills last night - it reminds me of what real football is, and what we used to have.

I'm sure JMD timed the return of Waller and Renfrow purposely. Don't assume they'll "ease in" with limited reps. JMD wants to win this bad, just like he did in Denver in 09 - that fist-pumping celebration at the end still rubs me wrong.
Don't know why he called up Collins - he's so over the hill.
They should have brought up Nixon or Bowden - with Parker out and Meyers ? - another weapon that Mac has good chemistry with would be nice.
Unfortunately The Oline is a disaster,we need bodies there.Otherwise, I'd Love Wilkerson being here...he makes things happen.

running plays that gain maybe 1 yard - like our running plays on 1st down. Because it's all so predictable and stale.
Watching the Fins & Bills last night - it reminds me of what real football is, and what we used to have.

We will get there. Takes time. Rome was not built in a day.

Even the Cardinals game. After Stevenson went out and Kevin Harris came and on 1 drive had runs of 9 yards, 9 yards and 14 yards(TD) the Pass/Run ratio after was 20 to 9. 2 of those runs were 1st & goal from the 3 which Strong scored and a run by Strong to start the clock and get it to the 2 minute warning which they kneeled 3 times after. So It was more like 20 to 7 because 1st & goal from the 3 it better be a run and a run play to get the clock to run to the 2 minute warning is just common knowledge.

Meyers is playing. He was at practice Friday with a helmet on which means he cleared protocol.
I sure hope he's good. Because one little hit the wrong way could re-lapse with these concussion things. But we really need him.
Also, I'm not sure why everyone seems so sure he'll be gone in FA. He's not going to be a highly-coveted guy. Because he's not a game-breaker, has not been in a good offense to showcase much. I think we should be able to keep him. I love what he brings, being the only offensive skill player that bridges the gap between the Brady era and the new.

With them NOT calling up JJ Taylor, that tells me that they expect Rhamondre to play. Hopefully, they'll rely on Strong and Harris so as not to make Stevens' ankle worse.
I think Rham and D.Harris will be active. But we'll see how productive they are. I'd love to see more of Strong, especially in the 3rd down role. And K.Harris had his best showing of the year too. Both of the rookies seem better than JJ.

I just read an ugly stat.

0 passing Touchdowns in the 4th quarter so far this season
Don't pin that all on Mac! It's because between BB & MP, they are the most fear-based, 1960's conventional play callers in the NFL. They don't let Mac throw in the red zone. And they only run power runs or the tell-all WR screen formations on 3 & short in opponent territory. I've never seen a more cowardly offense in all my years. It's a miracle we're 7-6!

I think Rham and D.Harris will be active. But we'll see how productive they are. I'd love to see more of Strong, especially in the 3rd down role. And K.Harris had his best showing of the year too. Both of the rookies seem better than JJ.

Damien Harris has already been ruled out.

going to lock thread, the gdt is now up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back