PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
He better not be, the dude is playing like hot garbage and has been all year. Zappe immediately came in and energized that offense. Maybe it was too much to ask a rookie to shoulder the game and go for the come behind win.
But they came from behind and were winning before the D forgot that a QB can just keep the ball and run it himself.

Even after the bad loss last night, I expect us to come out against the Jets and play well. Don't be surprised if we end up winning this week.

I expect much better prep, one QB to play the whole game and a whole different attitude. This is a must-win game.

He better not be, the dude is playing like hot garbage and has been all year. Zappe immediately came in and energized that offense. Maybe it was too much to ask a rookie to shoulder the game and go for the come behind win.
We'll see what happens. I'd be surprised if it isn't Mac against the Jets. I reached out to Reiss and get his opinion....he's leaning toward Mac as well, higher upside.

lol Jim, very true. Haven't been this down/disappointed after a loss in a long time. Wish the Jet game was today. lol

Expect a bounce back from this team though, that was by far our worst performance of the year.
I think it was the roller coaster aspect that was especially letting-the-air-out-ish-and-not-in-a-good-fart-sort-of-way. Pats sucked... and then we were on a massive high during Zappe hour... then the bar owner kicked everyone out to the rain.

Getting a fully healthy MJ will be critical for this one. You don't want to have Hasbulla back there constantly getting his passes batted down by that DL and killing drives in the process.

Last edited:
We'll see what happens. I'd be surprised if it isn't Mac against the Jets. I reached out to Reiss and get his opinion....he's leaning toward Mac as well, higher upside.
I don't think Mac has higher upside. He's not seeing the field or making great decisions. Zappe has been on point running this offense. He does everything amazing for a rookie, that Mac isn't doing well right now and hasn't for close to half a season.

Well just to retain any level of hope, it's not the worse position to be in going into NY.
Totally embarrassed, Defensive collapse, QB controversy, offensive ineptitude. The Jets are going to come in over confident.
The Pats could use this to really dig in to our old mantra - us against the world, no one believes in us.
But this all hinges on BB (Kraft) making an organizational decision, declare Mac the QB and push everything in to support him.
It sure seems the major offensive players (Rham, Meyers, Henry) prefer Mac right now.

I don't think Mac has higher upside. He's not seeing the field or making great decisions. Zappe has been on point running this offense. He does everything amazing for a rookie, that Mac isn't doing well right now and hasn't for close to half a season.
Everyone has their opinion, that's what makes things interesting.

But they came from behind and were winning before the D forgot that a QB can just keep the ball and run it himself.
True, they also forgot to cover the Bears receivers a lot. Zappe came in and played admirably, I want him over mac

Well just to retain any level of hope, it's not the worse position to be in going into NY.
Totally embarrassed, Defensive collapse, QB controversy, offensive ineptitude. The Jets are going to come in over confident.
The Pats could use this to really dig in to our old mantra - us against the world, no one believes in us.
But this all hinges on BB (Kraft) making an organizational decision, declare Mac the QB and push everything in to support him.
It sure seems the major offensive players (Rham, Meyers, Henry) prefer Mac right now.
Why do you want Mac? He hasn't shown he can be the guy at all.

True, they also forgot to cover the Bears receivers a lot. Zappe came in and played admirably, I want him over mac

He threw 2 picks and had 4 batted passes and multiple 3 and outs on the second half

If we can criticize Mac's 3 drives. We can't also give excuses for zappes crap performance

It'll be interesting to see who starts. Regardless and I know the Jets have some injuries but they're not a complete joke anymore. Not going to be an easy game because on paper they're a better team than the Patriots right now.

BB answering the qb question like only he can, leaving the reporter who asked the original question dazed and confused, wondering why I even asked it:

Pats favored by a point in the early line. :oops:

Pats favored by a point in the early line. :oops:
That is wild. Jets are 5-2 and at home and the Pats are favored?

The Pats have had trouble dealing with the pass rush this season, and the Jets have a really good interior rush. I think that both teams are going to avoid throwing the ball and try to win the game on the ground. Each offense will try to be more conservative than the other and the team that makes the most mistakes will lose. Pats will need to find a way to run the ball and get Zack Wilson to gave them the ball.

The only thing I’m certain is Trent Brown will play better.

If Barmore doesn’t play, I think the odds are we lose.

Got to believe a fired up Mac will torch the Jets as usual i.e. 24/29 for 343yds and 3 TDs. Zappe will come in for the kneel downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents