PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m feeling like the way that we lost last week at HOME against the Worst (or close to the worst) team in the NFL …showed that they aren’t going anywhere this year….will be pleasantly surprised if they do turn it around !

Not saying we will follow suit, but this team has had pretty bad losses before and turned it all around when we least expected. New orleans last year comes to mind. Not quite as bad, but also when we were 2-4 last year it didn’t look hopeful at all either. Bottom line still lots of football to be played.

A loss here though to a team missing its top 2 weapons, following that disaster, could be fatal for this year.

Didn’t bb pull this rotating qb stunt in Cleveland the last year he was there? This is some bad mojo.

Not saying we will follow suit, but this team has had pretty bad losses before and turned it all around when we least expected. New orleans last year comes to mind. Not quite as bad, but also when we were 2-4 last year it didn’t look hopeful at all either. Bottom line still lots of football to be played.

A loss here though to a team missing its top 2 weapons, following that disaster, could be fatal for this year.
Pats are arguable missing their 2 and 3 best defenders.

Look...I'm as diehard a Patriots fan as I have ever known. I'd love to shoot my mouth off about how our team is going to waltz into the Green Swamp and dominate.Looking at this year's team, with this facacta coaching staff, with these aging, seen better days O linemen, with this crippled D line that gets little to no penetration, with these safeties masquerading as linebackers bouncing off runners and receivers left and right, with this punter seemingly imploding before our eyes and with a ST "unit" with more cracks than the Grand Canyon, I have to be honest to MYSELF and admit that tomorrow could be the second coming of Bart Unitas Peyton Aikman..and we'll still get slaughtered by a team bent on revenge...a team that has been our footstool for a generation.

O Patriot God in the sky...punish your rebellious servant Joe Kerr by rainng down TD's and FG's like brimstone from on high..and destroy the Green Sodomites where they stand! Lord Hear Your Prayers...
Or it could just be a Patriots bounce back game from the Monday night debacle.

I’m

Problem is with the way he’s looked this year we might be lucky to get a third straight up.
Unless a miracle happens, there is no way that you go into the 2023 season with Mac as your guy.

Its not the coaching or players around Mac, its Mac not executing.

Unless a miracle happens, there is no way that you go into the 2023 season with Mac as your guy.

Saying it would take a miracle for Mac to still be the guy in 2023 is so off base. How many teams in history have given up on their first round pick that quickly?

I'm not saying he will or should but to call it a miracle is way off base. If he just shows he can bounce back from this even a little bit he's likely to buy another year.

Now fwiw I do think he will be the guy. Still not sure what he'll ultimately become but I don't think he's done yet and he'll bounce back.

screen-shot-2016-04-13-at-4-33-56-pm.png copy.jpg

Sarcasm?

Saying it would take a miracle for Mac to still be the guy in 2023 is so off base. How many teams in history have given up on their first round pick that quickly?

I'm not saying he will or should but to call it a miracle is way off base. If he just shows he can bounce back from this even a little bit he's likely to buy another year.

Now fwiw I do think he will be the guy. Still not sure what he'll ultimately become but I don't think he's done yet and he'll bounce back.
No its not off base.

The Pats have to draft another QB in 2023.

How many more rainbow INTs do people need to see before they admit that Jones does not have an NFL arm? Putting Jones back in the 2021 dink and dunk offense is only lipstick on a pig. The Pats will never be able to compete in todays NFL where passing rules the day. The Pats are letting Jones take control like any 2nd year QB should and people here are blaming the coaching staff because Jones cant cut it.

If the Pats lose to the Jets today its over for this season and for Jones. He is not bringing this team back from 3 - 5 into contention even with 2 good ankles and 10 good toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes