PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Colts @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob I'm not fan of Patricia period but he doesn't have the football in his hands to distribute it about. I can see with my naked eyes that Mac doesn't see the field very well witch equates to him missing open Targets.

Psst! Zappe started both the Cleveland and Detroit game and he was targeted once in both. He was targeted twice in the Packers game which Zappe played most of the game. In fact, four of his 11 catches for the season were in the Ravens' game with Jones under center.

Stop blaming Jones for all the problems on the offense. Your naked eyes are wrong in this case.

Bourne have been disappointing even before the injury I'm slowly giving up.
I think he's buried on the depth chart now but can be an asset for us. His salary is very low and we saw from last year when given a chance, he can make plays.

Bourne isn't being given the opportunities. When he is actually on the field and targeted, he performs. Bourne has caught 11 of his 15 targets this year. The problem is you cannot catch the ball if you are not on the field or being phased out of the offense. Another example of the poor coaching by Patricia.

For this game I wonder if it was a combination of two things: One, not wanting to test the outside corners of the Jets who have been very good (Thornton was the only other WR other than Meyers to have more than one target... he had two). Two, his turf toe might still be bothering him, which limited what he was able to practice during the heavy install days of practice.

If Parker misses time, and Bourne still isn't involved against the Colts, then I'm at a loss.

Don’t know what to expect here with our d. Its a poor offense but so was Chicago’s coming into last week. Mobile qb so im honestly a little nervous… probably woulda preferred ryan in there. Jonathon Taylor has been banged up a bit so hopefully that limits him.

Mac needs to show a little improvement over yesterday and this should be a good opportunity for that.

Took more notice of the Colts yesterday than I usually do, with this game on the Horizon.

The run game looks like its fallen off a cliff, although Hines had a nice TD yesterday. Can absolutely see them pulling Ryan back in for this one - Ehlinger really struggled to get off his first read yesterday. That D can still play but you can see the change from Eberflus' days.

If we play chicken **** football like Monday night, we'll lose a low scoring game. If we play something like yesterday, at least on D, we're more than capable of blowing them out.

Another easy win here.

MJ is going to absolutely shred that defense, and our defense will make their ginger QB look like Zach Wilson.

Another easy win here.

MJ is going to absolutely shred that defense, and our defense will make their ginger QB look like Zach Wilson.
Love your confidence, but we haven't been able to "shred" any defense yet this year. I'll take a win and mild improvement!!!

Took a look at a Colts forum this morning to see what their fans are thinking about their team and this matchup. My observations:
  • They're really melting down over there, it's significantly worse than anything I've ever seen here.
  • Ehlinger "looked pretty good" despite the game result and not being asked to do much.
  • The Colts OL is a massive problem.
  • Despite how bad the OL has been, blocking is not the only reason why Jonathan Taylor has struggled. Apparently he's just not looking as good as he did last year.
  • Most Colts fans are expecting the Pats to win this one.

BTW, this is the knock on Parker. He has a problem staying healthy. Hopefully, he will be back on Sunday. But with his track record, I am not betting on it.

How about the knock that he can not get open, even in one on one coverage?

The Dolphins were right about him.

That 's what I don't understand Bourne 54 snaps targeted once: Tyqan 61 snaps targeted twice those snaps weren't all on running plays. When Mac drops back it's Meyers - Rham or bust.
Rap Game GIF by TrueReal

Parker has done what you bring him in for. Make big field changing contested catches. No Pats WR in the last 5 years is making some of the catches he has made. Had 65+ yards in 3 out of the last 4 games before having someone with their full body weight crash into his knee and that 1 game he didn't was against GB when Zappe had to come in.

Love your confidence, but we haven't been able to "shred" any defense yet this year. I'll take a win and mild improvement!!!

Mac shredded the Ravens beautifully in week 3 (none of those INTs were on him.) The offense was headed in the right direction with him, but unfortunately, progress was halted by his injury. Then we had to put in a little pea shooter for a few weeks, but even with that pea shooter, who is inferior to Mac, we shredded the Browns. As Belichick said, Mac had a good game on the road against a 5-2 team with the best defense in the league yesterday.

This offense is poised to just flat out embarrass defenses as MJ continues to get healthier.

Parker has done what you bring him in for. Make big field changing contested catches. No Pats WR in the last 5 years is making some of the catches he has made. Had 65+ yards in 3 out of the last 4 games before having someone with their full body weight crash into his knee and that 1 game he didn't was against GB when Zappe had to come in.

He has 15 catches after eight games with just over 300 yards. And is never open.

Until yesterday, most of Mac's INT's were intended for Parker.

Parker is a 2/3 WR. He takes no pressure off of anyone.

That's what they thought they were getting?

This is another game where the team that makes the least mistakes will win. I hope the Pats play conservative, run the ball, and dominate time of possession.

The offensive line needs to improve, all the offenses issues stem from the line.

The defense is going to go out there and confuse a back up QB getting his 2nd start.

After being last in the league 2 years in a row for Separation (all time low of 1.7yds for both years), he's currently on pace for setting a new lowest ever (1.5yds) from when NextGenStats started keeping track of it (2016). Chuck it up and pray - he's good at grabbing it, but as we've seen, some of these "50/50" balls go to the wrong 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents