PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing that adding Trent this late means he is going to be a scratch.

Can't say that fills me with excitement... Next week, Cannon should be back from IR, Wynn will possibly be healthy, Brown will no longer be sick... tackles galore. Too bad they play the most important game of the year so far THIS week...

Feels like some crap happens right before the game or during the game, every single week, that causes them to have to figure out some new OL situation on the fly. Andrews gets hurt, Wynn gets hurt, someone gets sick the day of the game... Zero consistency.
I really don't like David Andrews playing Tonight I think he's coming back too early we have seen how that have backfired twice already with Montgomery and Barmore.:( I know they need Andrews for the protection and line calls but I would rather have him fully healthy. I really hope Kody Russey make marked improvements next year.

If your defensive game plan is to take away Dalvin Cook in 2022 in a dome instead of Justin Jefferson, it begs the question, has the game passed you by?

I don't think their plan was to NOT take away Jefferson. They just didn't do it because he's really fricken good. There really weren't many times when he was just running free by guys. His biggest catches had defenders right there with him, he just made tremendous catches. In fact the Thielen touchdown was a direct result of a guy running free BECAUSE they had so much attention paid to Jefferson. Sometimes great players make great plays. There's no need to read into it more than that in this case IMO.

I hope the plan is take S Diggs away Tonight with constant doubles Teams we have nobody we can guard him one on one sorry Jack Jones maybe next year.

I don't know, doesn't Singletary remind you a lot like Barry Sanders or Derrick Henry or Dalvin cook?

I don't think their plan was to NOT take away Jefferson. They just didn't do it because he's really fricken good. There really weren't many times when he was just running free by guys. His biggest catches had defenders right there with him, he just made tremendous catches. In fact the Thielen touchdown was a direct result of a guy running free BECAUSE they had so much attention paid to Jefferson. Sometimes great players make great plays. There's no need to read into it more than that in this case IMO.
And who say that having an Elite player makes no difference?? They have one in Rham @ RB now they need one @ WR.

I don't know, doesn't Singletary remind you a lot like Barry Sanders or Derrick Henry or Dalvin cook?
I would say Dalvin Cook.

Thinking who is better doesnt mean much.

BB thought Cam was better too. BB thought Hoyer was a good 2nd string QB. BB liked Harry. Thorton is another BB favorite.
He was right, Cam was better than the alternatives at the time until Mac Jones was drafted. That says more about them than Cam.

The season is on the line.

The Bengals are down the road and it appears that they have righted the ship. I doubt 10 - 7 gets NE in the postseason.
10-7 will get us in. Every team has a tough schedule, nobody's sailing through.

10-7 will get us in. Every team has a tough schedule, nobody's sailing through.
9-8 might even work in the AFC this year. The issue is finding 3-4 additional wins in this upcoming schedule.

Lotta Suck in that paragraph: Lose/Lose, Brown, Thanksdad, McDermott... Still better I suppose than the Pizza-Maker, the Comedian & the failed college TE...

Last edited:
Maybe McDermott per Reiss. Let's just hope Brown can go!!

McDermott's NOT a Left Tackle! Corky will soil his diapers if that dude's his blind-side (though Any side is Corky's blind side) protector...

And who say (sic) that having an Elite player makes no difference??
No one, ever.

What that player costs (whether in pay, cap, draft capital, ability to fill the rest of the roster, or losses to get to said draft position on its own) is discussed ad infinitum, but not one person here has ever said an elite player doesn't impact a team's capabilities.

Pats should move the ball on this overrated defense tonight. It's funny how they miraculously became elite the moment Tom/Gronk/Edelman, etc. left as it's pretty much the same guys. Problem is, the Pats are allergic to the red zone.

I'm hopeful, but not confident.

I know the Bills have this great offense, but with how banged up both o-lines are this game could end up being a rock fight. I think that type of game really benefits the Patriots.

On the other hand this Bills team is 0-2 in the division so far and I don't see a team as good as Buffalo starting 0-3 in the division.

No one, ever.

What that player costs (whether in pay, cap, draft capital, ability to fill the rest of the roster, or losses to get to said draft position on its own) is discussed ad infinitum, but not one person here has ever said an elite player doesn't impact a team's capabilities.
On second thought...Mr Hyperbole aka:

BB8XSBW

He might actually say that the Patriots don't need elite talent...in fact, he might say they don't even have to put players on the field to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes