PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see the Patriots offense run a play action fake on 1st down, 1st down runs have become way too predictable.

Cajuste is just c-awful.
We traded Justin Herron to the Raiders. He might be better at LT and Trent Brown at RT than what we’ll field vs the Bills.

I hope Yodney Cajuste arrives. He looks the part. But he looks at times confused and tentative.

We’re at cat guts and baling wire at the OT position. If one of the starters goes down, what happens next?

Move Cole Strange to LT and replace his guard position with James Ferentz?

MJ’s happy feet will start doing crazy dance moves.

I just want to see the Patriots offense run a play action fake on 1st down, 1st down runs have become way too predictable.
It's funny you mention that. My brothers and I were discussing this very same thing Thanksgiving. Every time Mac went to play action under center, it seemeed to work with great success. We were wondering why in the 4th qtr the Pats went away from this after good results.

There are not enough plays to take advantage of the defense stacking the box, especially in the RZ. For someone who is supposed to understand things from the defensive perspective, MP has not figured out that running up the middle against a 9 man front is fruitless.
Yep really wishing upon a star there.

It's funny you mention that. My brothers and I were discussing this very same thing Thanksgiving. Every time Mac went to play action under center, it seemeed to work with great success. We were wondering why in the 4th qtr the Pats went away from this after good results.
Not a fan of the telegraph Shot Gun formation I don't think we have the personnel yet to consistently run that. IF Thornton develops plus another good WR I can see that working. We have Rham who's an all purpose RB but we need a another WR and a consistent play from a TE to make it work. It seems like we want to run the Kelly Bills "K-Gun" offense" but like I said we don't have the personnel yet.

Last edited:
Just stating the obvious here but this really is a huge game. The division will be completely out of reach with a loss. And a loss would setup absolute must-win games @ARI and @LVR. 1-2 over the next three will take them out of the wild card race because they're not running the table CIN, MIA and @BUF.

Just stating the obvious here but this really is a huge game. The division will be completely out of reach with a loss. And a loss would setup absolute must-win games @ARI and @LVR. 1-2 over the next three will take them out of the wild card race because they're not running the table CIN, MIA and @BUF.
Calm down, you're being hysterical.

Josh Allen is 0-4 all-time vs a healthy NE defense. He is also winless against the Patriots without former Patriots insider Brian Daboll to hold his hand.

Their defense will provide ample opportunity for us to shred them.

I don't usually do this, but I am guaranteeing a win this week. 0% chance the Pats drop this one.

No doubts I think ARI and LVR are winnable games not easy by any stretch but hey are just about eliminated. We need those Home games against Miami and Cinci.

Cajuste is just c-awful.
I expected him to be awful, but I was pleasantly surprised that he he seemed solid vs. the Vikings. Granted, the Vikings are no defensive juggernaut, but there were cleaner pockets than there have been all year, it seemed to me.

I expected him to be awful, but I was pleasantly surprised that he he seemed solid vs. the Vikings. Granted, the Vikings are no defensive juggernaut, but there were cleaner pockets than there have been all year, it seemed to me.
Totally agree on Cajuste and with Von Miller sidelined I hope we see similar pockets Thursday night against the Bills.

Josh Allen is 0-4 all-time vs a healthy NE defense. He is also winless against the Patriots without former Patriots insider Brian Daboll to hold his hand.
Allen has 8 TDs and 0 INTs in the last two contests. Three of those four losses came head-to-head with Brady who has completely dominated the Bills over his entire career. And we beat Allen under highly unusual weather circumstances, that's not happening again.

I don't usually do this, but I am guaranteeing a win this week. 0% chance the Pats drop this one.
0%? Ok.

I don't know about you guys, but this is the closest I've seen since the late 90's where the division was very competitive. I'm not not used to the Pats being underdogs in their own division.

We're going to need someone to make a big play like a Bledsoe pass to Coates in the back of the end zone to win the game in 1998. Bills were so upset, they walked off the field. Bledsoe had now thrown two game winning TD's in consecutive weeks. That's my favorite memory of the Pats vs Bills growing up. The 31-0 payback in 2003 is right there as well.
2002 was tight. 3 teams at 9-7 with the Bills at 8-8. F'ing Chad.

The Pats defense is missing Barmore, a pretty big hole up front. I like your confidence, though.

I love your enthusiasm and positivity!!!

Allen has 8 TDs and 0 INTs in the last two contests.
Against depleted defenses with former Patriot Brian Daboll there to hold his hand.

Three of those four losses came head-to-head with Brady who has completely dominated the Bills over his entire career.

4 of those 4 losses have come against Bill Belichick, who has completely dominated the Bills since Super Bowl 25.

And we beat Allen under highly unusual weather circumstances, that's not happening again.

It's not my problem that he is soft and can't excel when faced with adversity like we were able to do.

You are overcome with emotion. You're using terms like "must-win" and "completely out of reach." I can feel your estrogen levels rising from all the way here.

Just relax, my friend. Daddy has assured you that everything will be all right on Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes