PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread Bengals @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Coming off one of the toughest losses in years, this is going to be an incredibly tough game against one of the top teams in the league.

We have been right there most of the games this year with a chance to win, but have come up short on a few occasions. Let's see if we can bounce back and surprise everyone with a big win this week.

Let's discuss!!!!

We've seen worse teams somehow pull it together at the end of the season and make a playoff push. I am a sucker and so I have optimism that we can still figure something out. Hope this team has some fight left in them. It really is over if we lose to Cincy next weekend

I usually try to stay optimistic but I feel it's best to go into this one without your hopes up. Cincinnati is on a roll, and Joe Burrow is an MVP candidate. Plus they are trying to stay ahead of Baltimore. This is going to be a very tough game. Cincinnati may very well go back to the Super Bowl the way they're playing.

"we're on to cincinatti" worked out ok last time. As did the miami miracle season. Playoffs just start a little earlier this year!

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller​

I usually try to stay optimistic but I feel it's best to go into this one without your hopes up. Cincinnati is on a roll, and Joe Burrow is an MVP candidate. Plus they are trying to stay ahead of Baltimore. This is going to be a very tough game. Cincinnati may very well go back to the Super Bowl the way they're playing.
Yeah I'm kinda stuck between the two ends of the optimism and pessimism line. On the one hand, I do think we have the talent to hang with anyone if everything is clicking. On the other hand, I've seen no sign from this team we'll ever actually have everything clicking. High hopes, low expectations

I feel the same about this team as when I chose to watch a movie or show I determine after 1/2 hr it sucks and no longer worth my time.

When that happens I chose to finish the movie or season anyway just in the off-chance it improves but have very little faith it will

Last edited:
This team has been fairly consistent in its ability to disappoint this season. I expect to see them play just like I've seen them play all year.

I feel the same about this team as when I chose to watch a movie or show I determine after 1/2 hr it sucks no longer worth my time.

When that happens I chose to finish the movie or season anyway just in the off-chance it improves but have very little faith it will
Basically this. The Patriots, as much as my stupid ass loves them, basically are unwatchable once you get through the first one or two drives. By that time, for me, I just know what kind of night it's going to be. I want to want to watch them, but it's just unwatchable. At the point now where I don't let it ruin my day, I just go do other stuff and check the score every now and then.

On one hand a win would be great, unexpected but great all the same. On the other to go into loser fandom, if they lose it will get the team a higher pick. They need so much help I don’t know where to begin. Either way, at this point, pick your poison. Still a fan regardless as the rebuild continues.

On one hand a win would be great, unexpected but great all the same. On the other to go into loser fandom, if they lose it will get the team a higher pick. They need so much help I don’t know where to begin. Either way, at this point, pick your poison. Still a fan regardless as the rebuild continues.
Lose the next three which I think they will handily get better Draft position.

This will be the best / most versatile offense we have faced, assuming that Chase, Burrow, and Mixon are all healthy

Basically this. The Patriots, as much as my stupid ass loves them, basically are unwatchable once you get through the first one or two drives. By that time, for me, I just know what kind of night it's going to be. I want to want to watch them, but it's just unwatchable. At the point now where I don't let it ruin my day, I just go do other stuff and check the score every now and then.
Yesterday was a killer. Absolute killer.

I watched yesterday because they are my team. Just like I watched every horrible game in 1982, 1990, 2000, etc.

Down 3-17 I was annoyed. I had become emotionally detached at that point. The game had become background noise. I can live with that.

Then the Dugger pick...Then they tie it up....Then they take the lead. I was now re-engaged emotionally and invested in the outcome and the future. "Hey we can go 8-6 and have a good chance at making the playoffs"!

Then the last LV drive and the Meyers play.

Emotionally disembowled.

Thats sports.

Coming off one of the toughest losses in years, this is going to be an incredibly tough game against one of the top teams in the league.

We have been right there most of the games this year with a chance to win, but have come up short on a few occasions. Let's see if we can bounce back and surprise everyone with a big win this week.

Let's discuss!!!!
After a day like yesterday, past patriots teams would guranteed win this game at home. This team - they just want to go home sadly.

People are still sleeping on the Bengals and they are coming for the #1 seed. Pats better be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back