PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread Bengals @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting Mac to have a breakout game against a top tier team is like expecting Lloyd to get a date... So theres a chance

I wonder what it will take for Bill to get rid of Patricia and Judge ?
They have been instrumental in Mac's decline. Not saying that Mac is the franchaise QB (that ship has sailed, I think ) but he would have thrown more that 7 td's this year with a true OC.
What upsets me most about yesterday was watching how undisciplined this team is with the massive penalties every game. That is extremely frustrating, this team lacks that killer instinct and they can't overcome even a 10 yard penalty.
While the defense has some very good young players, the overall play is subpar. How many times this year have we seen them give the other team a 1st down when they are faced with a 2 and 20 or 3 and 25. That is horrible. The last time this defense was aggressive was when Flores was coaching, I loved his defensive style.
Bill is supposed to be this defensive guru, time for him to step up and take the controls away from his Son . We will lose Mayo this off-season. He wants a bigger role and a promotion which he will never get over Steve . Another reason that I am pissed right now. Most of the coaching staff need to be let go including Bill's son, let's see if Bill has the guts to do that or if Kraft does it. Should be an interesting off-season !!!!!!!
After all this though, I still have a hope (a small one) that the Pats will beat the Bengals !

Bill is supposed to be this defensive guru, time for him to step up and take the controls away from his Son . We will lose Mayo this off-season. He wants a bigger role and a promotion which he will never get over Steve . Another reason that I am pissed right now. Most of the coaching staff need to be let go including Bill's son, let's see if Bill has the guts to do that or if Kraft does it. Should be an interesting off-season !!!!!!!
After all this though, I still have a hope (a small one) that the Pats will beat the Bengals !
I don't like the fact that Bill gave the DC job to his son either. That being said, the defense is being coached well, it's a very good defense, even though it has obvious holes at LB.

I'd almost like to see Patricia take over the D just to get him off the O, but it would be pretty unfair to Mayo.

I wonder what it will take for Bill to get rid of Patricia and Judge ?
They have been instrumental in Mac's decline. Not saying that Mac is the franchaise QB (that ship has sailed, I think ) but he would have thrown more that 7 td's this year with a true OC.
What upsets me most about yesterday was watching how undisciplined this team is with the massive penalties every game. That is extremely frustrating, this team lacks that killer instinct and they can't overcome even a 10 yard penalty.
While the defense has some very good young players, the overall play is subpar. How many times this year have we seen them give the other team a 1st down when they are faced with a 2 and 20 or 3 and 25. That is horrible. The last time this defense was aggressive was when Flores was coaching, I loved his defensive style.
I kinda disagree. Pats team in the past have been know to give long yardage downs in the end. its not a new thing. its all short term memory of course because winning and brady hides a lot of those.
of course when things dont go well and you have your son on the staff its easy to pile on and he has to face but why couldnt it be mayo calling those plays?. Because his son is easy to criticize now that we hate BB ? Defense played well. we wont be in the game without them. Let's not lose focus of the offensive disaster just because his son coaches defense.
When we dont win everytime its the OC/DC or someone we hate. Dean pees was one and then he gave brady hell when he went to baltimore. He was blamed for the call in 2007 SB to leave hobbs 1 on 1 but everyone knew it came from BB. Ultimately all calls and plans go through him so it really is on him .

I kinda disagree. Pats team in the past have been know to give long yardage downs in the end. its not a new thing. its all short term memory of course because winning and brady hides a lot of those.
of course when things dont go well and you have your son on the staff its easy to pile on and he has to face but why couldnt it be mayo calling those plays?. Because his son is easy to criticize now that we hate BB ? Defense played well. we wont be in the game without them. Let's not lose focus of the offensive disaster just because his son coaches defense.
When we dont win everytime its the OC/DC or someone we hate. Dean pees was one and then he gave brady hell when he went to baltimore. He was blamed for the call in 2007 SB to leave hobbs 1 on 1 but everyone knew it came from BB. Ultimately all calls and plans go through him so it really is on him .
I do appreciate your take on this but let me just say I do not hate Bill. I have been one of his biggest supporters after Brady left as I felt that he was getting the brunt of the blame even though I do believe it was a mutual decision. I blame him for the mess the team is now and I blame him for hiring coaches that aren't that great but I still have faith that he can turn it around if he truly desires to do so. However with all that said , now that certain people have these coaching jobs they need to be held individually accountable for not fielding a competitive disciplined team. The O-Line is their responsibility and it's a mess. Every week they commit penalties at an alarming rate. The WR's drop passes that most 3rd and 4th WR's make on other teams, that's all to do with coaching !
The defense is solid to good but they are not great, if they were they would be able to carry the O at least one game in the season against a great team and they haven't done that in 3 years !! again it could be coaching.
Also I am not absolving Mac from blame, he has been horrible this year , not sure if he is just not as good as he was advertised or if it is the coaches or a combination of both. The way we can make sure if he is the guy going forward is to ger him a real OC and see what he can do in year 3.

I don't like the fact that Bill gave the DC job to his son either. That being said, the defense is being coached well, it's a very good defense, even though it has obvious holes at LB.

I'd almost like to see Patricia take over the D just to get him off the O, but it would be pretty unfair to Mayo.
Ok so if I'm getting this straight you think Stephen B is coaching a very good D.

You want Patricia to take it over instead just to get him off offense.

But then you don't want to do it out of fairness to Mayo.

Good morning everyone, getting ya'll ready for a Tuesday:

Coming off one of the toughest losses in years, this is going to be an incredibly tough game against one of the top teams in the league.

We have been right there most of the games this year with a chance to win, but have come up short on a few occasions. Let's see if we can bounce back and surprise everyone with a big win this week.

Let's discuss!!!!
I don't believe Bengals can improve thier play off seeding. They have nothing to play for or gain? even though they beat KC, KC has # 1seed in hand. Hopefully Burrow, chase and Higgins decide to rest.

Wishful thinking.

Ok so if I'm getting this straight you think Stephen B is coaching a very good D.

I honestly would not even want him back on the defense, allow him to stay in his role as senior advisor to football operations.

You said pats better be ready?
Oh, they are ready to turtle the offense with poorly executed screens, dropped passes, and stupid penalties.

And don't forget a side of poor clock management t and bone head plays.

Look what they did to the bucs. We are done

Bucs are mediocre. The Bengals might overlook the Pats. On any given Saturday . . .

It will be interesting to see the reaction to the horrendous loss in Vegas. Do the Pats suck it up or go through the motions? Theres still a playoff spot and pride to fight for. I think they get suck it up and we see a good football game.

This is going to be the game that broke the camel's back. The bengals are a good matchup for the pats D. A primarily shotgun offense that passes over 60% of the time. As long as one of mills or jones are back I expect the D to play well & keep the pats in the game.

On the other side of the ball Lou Anarumo is one of the best in the business. He has a defense of average talent playing above their capabilities & you saw that last postseason. He's a DC that switches his game plans to his opponents. He is going to absolutely pants Patricia.

Kraft will have seen enough when his defense is left out to dry once again in a big game IMO.

This is going to be the game that broke the camel's back. The bengals are a good matchup for the pats D. A primarily shotgun offense that passes over 60% of the time. As long as one of mills or jones are back I expect the D to play well & keep the pats in the game.

On the other side of the ball Lou Anarumo is one of the best in the business. He has a defense of average talent playing above their capabilities & you saw that last postseason. He's a DC that switches his game plans to his opponents. He is going to absolutely pants Patricia.

Kraft will have seen enough when his defense is left out to dry once again in a big game IMO.
Idk. Cleveland moved the ball on that D. They had like 500 yards with Jacoby at QB in the first game.

Mills coming off, and or still dealing with a groin it's a toss up if he plays.. in my mind I'm expecting a blow out. D may be able to hold them for a short while but Mixon out the back field, chase and Higgins on the outside.. just too much offense.. all the years we dominated the NFL.. teams look at it as now it's pay back time.. no mercy for us.. let's just hope Kraft has his binoculars in the sky box , becuase this will be the game showing two teams going in different directions

Breer reported mayo informed the organization that he'd liked the official DC title or he'd look for other opportunities.

Mills coming off, and or still dealing with a groin it's a toss up if he plays.. in my mind I'm expecting a blow out. D may be able to hold them for a short while but Mixon out the back field, chase and Higgins on the outside.. just too much offense.. all the years we dominated the NFL.. teams look at it as now it's pay back time.. no mercy for us.. let's just hope Kraft has his binoculars in the sky box , becuase this will be the game showing two teams going in different directions
We could easily be 9-5 or worst 8-6. Every team in our division has more talent than us. I think it's obvious. You mention the cb position, we have injury issues and have to play Bryant there. I am hoping that this offseason, we have another good draft, spend some money upgrading our talent and we catch up to everybody else.

We could easily be 9-5 or worst 8-6. Every team in our division has more talent than us. I think it's obvious. You mention the cb position, we have injury issues and have to play Bryant there. I am hoping that this offseason, we have another good draft, spend some money upgrading our talent and we catch up to everybody else.
Correct, on defense we are pretty much on Parr with the jets defense however sauce gives them the edge. He absolutely locks up recievers! Most of our miscues were self inflicting mistakes.

The Patriots beat themselves more than any team save for Buffalo has.

The best thing that could have came out a frustrating season is the national audience got a chance to see just how bad and inept we were on offense. That alone won't sit well with RK. Not to sound repetitive we need some veteran depth at CB , add some beef to the front 7 and somehow, someway, draft, trades, free agent signings. Have Groh identify a game changer at WR. The play calling experiment should have ended after week 2.. in my humble opinion, I see hoyer retiring and hopefully can join the coaching staff.

Breer reported mayo informed the organization that he'd liked the official DC title or he'd look for other opportunities.
Unless Stephen gets a HC gig I don't think it's happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back